+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2019 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

ZOOZ

Star Member
Apr 10, 2020
Category........
Other
I got my spouse's GCMS notes from CBSA and it says they're doing a comprehensive security screening :( Looks like we'll be waiting for a while, and the COVID-19 is probably slowing things down too...
Great to know they are actually conducting security check- I am still waiting for our CBSA notes, today is 30 days.

ZOOZ

Star Member
Apr 10, 2020
Category........
Other
Hello! I finally received my medical request in March. I know the doctor sent things over electronically, but nothing has been updated on my dashboard. I'm sure things are going slower (if not processing at all due to the virus), but does anyone know for sure if something like that would be on hold? It just makes me nervous knowing I paid that much and not having confirmation for over a month that it has even been received.
Our medical was done on March 10, 2020 and showed up in GCKEY as passed only on May 1, 2020. I sent in the emed receipts and payment receipt thru webform to cover all bases. I think some doctors take longer than others to submit.

ZOOZ

Star Member
Apr 10, 2020
Category........
Other
Has anyone had their file go into background check in progress since the pandemic started? Wondering if background checks are still being initiated now? Our medical was passed May 1, 2020.

Ripa sharmin

Star Member
Jun 29, 2019
Has anyone had their file go into background check in progress since the pandemic started? Wondering if background checks are still being initiated now? Our medical was passed May 1, 2020.
I got my "decision made" on april 22 which is during pendamic and my vo is Singapore. But didn't get any acknowledgement about that

Reactions: wbenamara

Xaradiem

Star Member
Nov 30, 2019
I got my "decision made" on april 22 which is during pendamic and my vo is Singapore. But didn't get any acknowledgement about that
Nobody get the decision made acknowledgment as you said. We will only get the final/written as the passport request.
My decision made was on March 23, 2020. I read somewhere CIC will resume the process by may 19, 2020. 2 months after they stop all cases.
It might takes a few week for local visa offices to reopen and resume their normal working routine.

Rushie38

Star Member
Apr 3, 2020
Nobody get the decision made acknowledgment as you said. We will only get the final/written as the passport request.
My decision made was on March 23, 2020. I read somewhere CIC will resume the process by may 19, 2020. 2 months after they stop all cases.
It might takes a few week for local visa offices to reopen and resume their normal working routine.
Hi, can you tell us the source of this information? Cz several people are telling different stories..some were saying processing will resume in late june or early july. You said it might start in may..i wish ircc tells us the complete story as to when they are going to get back with our applications.
Thank you for sharing though.

Reactions: Belarusian

Ripa sharmin

Star Member
Jun 29, 2019
So u r saying decision made is good thing after medical? I am just hoping its a ppr request not something no one wants to hear :(

maratoronto

Oct 24, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
I got my spouse's GCMS notes from CBSA and it says they're doing a comprehensive security screening :( Looks like we'll be waiting for a while, and the COVID-19 is probably slowing things down too...
could you please tell me how did you apply for spouse's GCMS notes.
thank you

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
could you please tell me how did you apply for spouse's GCMS notes.
thank you
certainly here are the highlights

go to https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do?lang=en and follow the instructions there, when asked for the following question
"Please select the Department where you would like to submit an Access to Information or Privacy request" >> select IRCC and continue with the instructions
if someone is helping you with the process select "Access to information Act", if you are eligible to obtain on your own then select "Privacy Act"
When you get to the question "Which specific information are you looking for" recommend selecting the electronic records
A "Proof of Right of Access" and a "consent form" will also be needed.
Proof of Right of Access includes is" a copy of your Canadian passport or your permanent resident card, or an official document that demonstrates you are currently living in Canada (i.e. a driver's license, bill with proof of address, work/study/visitor permit, etc). Only one (1) document is required. Your Social Insurance Number (SIN) will not be accepted."
The consent form is at https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm5744e.pdf

if you follow along the instructions on the IRCC site it should get you through, if you get stuck anywhere message here again

it takes about 30 days to obtain the file but can take longer

Nadster85

Oct 24, 2018
Reactions: rrss13

wbenamara

Star Member
Dec 1, 2019
Hi guys.my Ecas since april 22 changed to process. nothing at Gckey yet. Why I see some ppl saying that they got background check .....ect..I didn't get any change .How long does it take from process to get decion please?

ronesync

Aug 16, 2019
hello everyone, just giving update about our timeline... so still. its not movin, got the last update January 16.

Sep 3 - Application received in Sydney
October 29, 2019 - Biometrics Request
October 29, 2019 - Medical request
Nov 1 - Biometrics done
Nov 15 - Medical done
Nov 20 - Medical passed
Nov 28 - TRANSFERRED TO MANILA
Dec 12 - Started processing in Local Visa Office
Pre Arrival - Jan 16

Nothing follows hahaha

Reactions: ragam.19

sekhon6862