+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2019 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

princess7880

Star Member
Oct 8, 2019
Biometrics Request: November 21,2019
Biometrics Done: November 28,2019
File Transfer: December 9,2019 to Mexico

No medical request was sent, is that normal?

ZeeSho

Oct 24, 2019
Biometrics Request: November 21,2019
Biometrics Done: November 28,2019
File Transfer: December 9,2019 to Mexico

No medical request was sent, is that normal?
Yes, when your file forwarded to your country Visa Office they need first to check if you needed an interview or not and then check your eligibility for having a PR and security check After that last step is the medical requites. Once you got your medical done its only matter of time for your passport to be requested from your VO.

You can also check Google Tracker and see other Mexican applicant and see how many days took them before Medical request

Thanks

ajankows

Oct 25, 2019
Hi all. I just check Ecas and it states the following
  1. We started processing your application on November 29, 2019.
Does this mean we have AOR1? As no one (applicant nor sponsor) received AOR1 pdf.

Your advice is greatly appreciated

Luthien

Star Member
Jul 25, 2018
AOR Received.
23-05-2019
Hi all. I just check Ecas and it states the following
  1. We started processing your application on November 29, 2019.
Does this mean we have AOR1? As no one (applicant nor sponsor) received AOR1 pdf.

Your advice is greatly appreciated
I have heard about people not getting an AOR email. If it says that the application is in process, then just see it as an AOR, I guess.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
hi, thanks for your reply, I checked country specific requirements and for India it says "send photocopies unless instructed otherwise"
I do not know for India - but the 'unless instructed otherwise' could be a note next to the specific document saying to provide originals.

Nadster85

Oct 24, 2018
Received medical and biometrics requests November 27 and 28th respectively
My husband completed both while I was visiting him in Qatar.
Waiting on SA and pass of medical and biometrics.
I have a lawyer so i have to wait for them to notify me. I am hoping the transfer to the corresponding VO happens soon! :) Back in Canada waiting patiently and trying to distract myself. Good luck to all you guys!

Reactions: StanDiv and cecict

princess7880

Star Member
Oct 8, 2019
Yes, when your file forwarded to your country Visa Office they need first to check if you needed an interview or not and then check your eligibility for having a PR and security check After that last step is the medical requites. Once you got your medical done its only matter of time for your passport to be requested from your VO.

You can also check Google Tracker and see other Mexican applicant and see how many days took them before Medical request

Thanks
Thanks for the response

Nadster85

Oct 24, 2018
I'm really curious about the pattern of our applications. Why did a lot of us receive medical and bio requests so early? I see a lot of people previously received medical and bio requests AFTER file transfer. Any insight?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I'm really curious about the pattern of our applications. Why did a lot of us receive medical and bio requests so early? I see a lot of people previously received medical and bio requests AFTER file transfer. Any insight?
I don't have any direct insight, but when you say people "previously" received medical and bio requests after file transfer, what period are you referring to? (When is the 'previous'?)

I took a glance at the 2019 tracker and vast majority seemed to receive biometric and med requests at roughly the same time, early, and my impression is not connected to visa office transfer. I haven't tried to do more detailed analysis to see if there's some commonality between those files where meds were requested much later. A very quick look at the 2018 tracker gives same impression, and no obvious change in the proportions.

I am guessing that the impression that something significant has changed in this case is driven by the board dynamics here more than CIC - specifically, that forum members stop posting in the thread for a given month after they are done the process (and likely many stop using the board or this forum completely, too). So as time goes on, those that continue to post are those whose files have taken longer for some reason, giving a distorted impression about procedures and percentages of those affected by some issue.

In other words those still posting about apps from > 12 months ago are likely disproportionately those whose apps have taken more than 12 months (and same would apply for other periods).

I think the stats term for this is survivorship bias, 'survivors' here being those whose apps take longer.

But I'm only guessing )

Nadster85

Oct 24, 2018
I don't have any direct insight, but when you say people "previously" received medical and bio requests after file transfer, what period are you referring to? (When is the 'previous'?)

I took a glance at the 2019 tracker and vast majority seemed to receive biometric and med requests at roughly the same time, early, and my impression is not connected to visa office transfer. I haven't tried to do more detailed analysis to see if there's some commonality between those files where meds were requested much later. A very quick look at the 2018 tracker gives same impression, and no obvious change in the proportions.

I am guessing that the impression that something significant has changed in this case is driven by the board dynamics here more than CIC - specifically, that forum members stop posting in the thread for a given month after they are done the process (and likely many stop using the board or this forum completely, too). So as time goes on, those that continue to post are those whose files have taken longer for some reason, giving a distorted impression about procedures and percentages of those affected by some issue.

In other words those still posting about apps from > 12 months ago are likely disproportionately those whose apps have taken more than 12 months (and same would apply for other periods).

I think the stats term for this is survivorship bias, 'survivors' here being those whose apps take longer.

But I'm only guessing )
Thanks for the insight! Great analysis!

Sorry I should have elaborated. What I meant by previous is applications from earlier months appear to have a different pattern. Some people have posted timelines indicating they get medicals and biometrics after the file transfer. I just thought this was strange because of how quickly many of us in the October 2019 group have received requests for meds and bios early. But maybe you're right because I am only basing my information on this forum and not the tracker. Thanks again!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thanks for the insight! Great analysis!

Sorry I should have elaborated. What I meant by previous is applications from earlier months appear to have a different pattern. Some people have posted timelines indicating they get medicals and biometrics after the file transfer. I just thought this was strange because of how quickly many of us in the October 2019 group have received requests for meds and bios early. But maybe you're right because I am only basing my information on this forum and not the tracker. Thanks again!
Yes, just from a quick look at the trackers, it doesn't seem to be any big change; I had the same question actually from my own impression of the forum discussions (and I note some are saying that med requests are done "only" after transfer to visa office, which seems to be wrong). Whatever is driving the difference - why some are sent after transfer to visa office, some much later - is not clear to me.

Belarusian

Sep 3, 2019
Yes, just from a quick look at the trackers, it doesn't seem to be any big change; I had the same question actually from my own impression of the forum discussions (and I note some are saying that med requests are done "only" after transfer to visa office, which seems to be wrong). Whatever is driving the difference - why some are sent after transfer to visa office, some much later - is not clear to me.
They later send med who go to Quebec, coz these guys do not work very fast ... they are forced to send a request later, or people need do med again (there are many such cases) or have a short period for landing (i.e. until the end of the medical exam). But Quebec is part of the statement, there are probably other reasons.

Reactions: armoured