+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2019 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

Amir1523

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
They asked my wife for a CV last week, along with a IMM 5562 travel form (for travel during last 10 years). She submitted them the next day on her online account. We have not heard anything further yet.
Hi there & thank you for your reply. we both are on the same boat ;)
Others with the same experience just informed me that we should wait for some ghost updates that probably will show up after a few weeks.
By the way, can you see the uploaded file name some where in your wife's GCKey account now?
In my case, it is just mentioned that "You have uploaded some additional documents",
That's all !! Unfortunately it does not bring any further information such as my uploaded file name. How can we make sure that they have received it correctly before the deadline?

ushma rao

Star Member
Jan 13, 2020
I am waiting for my PPR request as my file is in New Delhi and my status shows as application received since the time it has gone from Nova Scotia to Delhi embassy in the month of December 1st week. Is there somebody in the group who has got their passport request recently ? I just want to know how long does it usually take for passport request after medical and biometrics for spousal sponsorship.

Amir1523

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
interesting. We have not yet received SA but our application already says in process for the PA, and for me (the sponsor) it says decision made. It has been in this status for quite a while. I would say a month at least.
Congratulations, it simply means that you spouse is eligible to be your sponsor. Basically, there are some conditions behind the scenes for your spouse to be considered as a sponsor such as not being a sponsor within the last five years for some one else, has paid his/her taxes on time and ...
Currently, your spouse is approved as a sponsor for your application and wait for next updates as your application is moving ahead.
Keep hopes up & Good luck

Reactions: Mariaont5119

cecict

Jul 14, 2018
I am waiting for my PPR request as my file is in New Delhi and my status shows as application received since the time it has gone from Nova Scotia to Delhi embassy in the month of December 1st week. Is there somebody in the group who has got their passport request recently ? I just want to know how long does it usually take for spousal sponsorship.
Many of them are waiting for some movement at NDVO...
My file is transferred on Dec 9th...since Dec end, it is showing Application Received...

It will take few months to get PPR...What is your complete timeline ?

Reactions: Mariaont5119

claurianta

Jul 10, 2007
Hi there & thank you for your reply. we both are on the same boat ;)
Others with the same experience just informed me that we should wait for some ghost updates that probably will show up after a few weeks.
By the way, can you see the uploaded file name some where in your wife's GCKey account now?
In my case, it is just mentioned that "You have uploaded some additional documents",
That's all !! Unfortunately it does not bring any further information such as my uploaded file name. How can we make sure that they have received it correctly before the deadline?
My wife's letter also had this strange reminder to have a medical done for her dependent - even though she does not have any dependents. So she sent a message through the webform to get some clarity on the issue and they replied saying they had all the documents they needed for now.

Not sure if there is any other way to verify - and if it's just a question of "did you get my documents", they might not reply.

Reactions: Amir1523

Amir1523

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
My wife's letter also had this strange reminder to have a medical done for her dependent - even though she does not have any dependents. So she sent a message through the webform to get some clarity on the issue and they replied saying they had all the documents they needed for now.

Not sure if there is any other way to verify - and if it's just a question of "did you get my documents", they might not reply.
Basically, they have a general format of letter for all. They just change/modify some special parts of that letter and then shoot it over to us. Maybe the statement of asking for such a medical for her dependent was just a part of this general format for those who have dependents in their application. Indeed, I believe that it's a very good sign that they confirmed to have all they need from you. Cherish the hope, you will get PPR soon. Moreover, as our CV upload date is very close, let's keep each other updated regarding any news/updates in our application :) Good luck my friend

Xaradiem

Star Member
Nov 30, 2019
It has been 1 month since I got my AOR2 from Singapore. Nothing changed yet.
I talked to CIC agent today and she said she can not access to the file because it is on the hand of local visa office. I also emailed using web form but don't have much expectation on reply as the webform indicates that they are not going to answer any application less than normal 12 months processing time.
Anyone in the same situation after aor2...silent period....?

Reactions: Jyotika_kumar

Nadster85

Oct 24, 2018
Congratulations, it simply means that you spouse is eligible to be your sponsor. Basically, there are some conditions behind the scenes for your spouse to be considered as a sponsor such as not being a sponsor within the last five years for some one else, has paid his/her taxes on time and ...
Currently, your spouse is approved as a sponsor for your application and wait for next updates as your application is moving ahead.
Keep hopes up & Good luck
Thank you so much! This means I am approved as sponsor for my husband's application (I am the Canadian lol). I hope we get some movement soon. last update was "medical results have been received" at the end of Nov/beginning of Dec.

Reactions: Amir1523