+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2019 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

Yasminakb

Star Member
Nov 5, 2019
Would it effect the PR visa process?-no
I'm thinking of applying and going to visit my husband.-its your choice
Also, what happens if i get the COPR while I'm visiting?-i haven`t this experience but i saw same situetion on this forum. as far as I understand, people travel outside of Canada (for example in USA) for make PR entry, but it’s better to hear another exact opinion
thank you :)
Is there anyone that knows of someone with the case of being inside the country on a visit visa? Also, is there a maximum time frame allowed? (i.e. 1-2months etc)

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Is there anyone that knows of someone with the case of being inside the country on a visit visa? Also, is there a maximum time frame allowed? (i.e. 1-2months etc)
I've also seen cases where someone has been inside Canada when request for passport received, keep looking in forums here.

Maximum time frame: do you mean maximum time allowed to visit Canada? Whatever period of time the border officer allows/stamps in your passport on arrival. It seems six months is a relatively standard period but no-one can tell you in advance.

Belarusian

Sep 3, 2019
I know that on TRV you can stay 6 months, on this forum you can find (just use the search engine)

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I know that on TRV you can stay 6 months, on this forum you can find (just use the search engine)
This has been covered a lot here but bears repeating:

-Someone who applies for a visa with a PR application in process has a higher chance of the visitor visa application being refused.
-I believe current practice is that visitor visas are issued with a period of validity for entry to Canada (ie. if valid to June 30, you can enter June 29). This is separate from the allowed period of stay. (It's possible that some visas may specify slightly different conditions, I don't know)
-Again, on arrival usually they seem to allow up to six months stay, but the decision is to some degree with the border officer. It's stamped in passport. (i.e. they can put shorter periods even if they do not always do so).
-Very important: whether on a visa or from a visa waiver country, the border officer does NOT have to let the person in - notably if the officer determines the person intends to overstay or otherwise violate terms of entry.
-So for people with PR applications pending: plan as a visit, not as the start of your residency. Visitors who show up with no return ticket and all of their household goods and worldly belongings may well get refused entry. (Conversely someone showing up with a return ticket on a friday, a weekend bag and can show they have meetings on the next tuesday morning are going to look more credible in terms of intending to depart Canada). There is no way for anyone to say in advance how the border officer will treat a specific case in advance, they use their judgment.

YMMV.

Reactions: Belarusian

princess7880

Star Member
Oct 8, 2019
Did you get your AOR2 from Mexico?? We have not yet .and yes stay in touch .
So far on ecas it says application received but no second line added. As far as I understand when you receive a letter of confirmation from Mexico and you see a second line then that's AOR 2. Good luck

Amir1523

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
Not for me but we have seen some cases here where PA has been asked to provide.

Since I suspect you'll ask, there's no indication I'm aware of that this means anything in particular (i.e. either good or bad). It's possible they just ask for this to aid in doing verification of personal history or aspects of background check.
Thank you for your reply. In fact, I'm not happy about it because it brings much more delay for my application. Indeed, it would adds up at least a few months more to the processing time

Amir1523

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
How do you know it will add time?
Unfortunately there is no upper bound for background check. Sadly, it can reaches to a year or even more. I think I was unlucky for getting that request as many applicants do not receive it at all.

Last edited:

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Unfortunately there is no upper bound for background check. Sadly, it can reaches to a year or even more. I think I was unlucky for getting that request as many applicants do not receive it at all.
Ah, I see.

Yes, there is no upper bound for background check. This may be small comfort, but at least in your case they are actively looking at your file and there is evidence of some movement.

I honestly do not know what the cv request is driven by but it's at least possible it will answer what questions they have, and - key point - may be faster than the alternative ways they would check.

Reactions: Amir1523

Amir1523

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
Ah, I see.

Yes, there is no upper bound for background check. This may be small comfort, but at least in your case they are actively looking at your file and there is evidence of some movement.

I honestly do not know what the cv request is driven by but it's at least possible it will answer what questions they have, and - key point - may be faster than the alternative ways they would check.
Thanks a thousand times for your comment,
I should be optimistic but not pessimistic about it. Let's keep hopes up and wait for the next updates.

Reactions: armoured

cecict

Jul 14, 2018
So far on ecas it says application received but no second line added. As far as I understand when you receive a letter of confirmation from Mexico and you see a second line then that's AOR 2. Good luck
same trend is for New Delhi Visa Office...people whose applications transferred since mid November are in same status i.e. Application Received and no 2nd line added in ECAS..

Not sure they are processing the files behind the scenes or just busy !

Reactions: princess7880

claurianta

Jul 10, 2007
Hello to all,
I'm new here in this forum,
IRCC asked me for my CV. Does the same happened for any of you guys?
They asked my wife for a CV last week, along with a IMM 5562 travel form (for travel during last 10 years). She submitted them the next day on her online account. We have not heard anything further yet.

princess7880

Star Member
Oct 8, 2019
same trend is for New Delhi Visa Office...people whose applications transferred since mid November are in same status i.e. Application Received and no 2nd line added in ECAS..

Not sure they are processing the files behind the scenes or just busy !
Sad and frustrating

princess7880

Star Member
Oct 8, 2019
Hi
Below is my application update

1. Application submitted and and got acknowledgment of application Jul 11, 2019
2. Medical request Sep 6, 2019
3. Biometric request Sep, 13 2019
4. Medical passed Sep 24, 2019
5. Received correspondence acknowledging receipt of my application o. Jan 3, 2019
6. Started processing of application Jan 9, 2019
Hi your file was received when, aor 1 when and where and when was your file transfer? Thx