LANDED..........
17-08-2020

Xaradiem

Star Member
Nov 30, 2019
I want help please.Why I had no update since Dec5.2019
applicaion received oct29.2019
AOR Nov23.2019
applicant received email on Dec5.2019 about sending imm5532. that we already sent it with the application.and I sent it in dec11.2019.since then no update why!!!!!!!
What update are you looking for ?
Holiday might slow things little bit. But if you got your AOR 1 then it is a good start. Total processing time is 12 months. Be patient.

There might be some people who get the PPR within 3 months, or less than 6 months. Most of us are in between 6 to 12 months. There will be some periods we are not hearing anything at all, even after Bio, medical, file transfer, aor2, interview...

I am also waiting for the next step too but as long as it is not 8 to 10 or 12 months yet, I am not going to worry.

Be patient, since CIC and visa offices are working on hundred of thousand profiles, not just you, or me or us.

Shaanggg

Nov 20, 2019
Hi Team October! Trying to understand where I am in the process- received an email today (1/10/20) with a letter attached.

It Says: “The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete. You must complete the following steps within 30 days in order to issue your Confirmation of Permanent Residence and, if applicable, permanent residence visa.”

Basically says to send a photocopy of my Passport and two photos, and fill in one form (Annex A), and a self addressed stamped envelope.

ECAS says “decision made”
GCKey has a new document “invitation to pre-arrival services”

ahhh- am I approved? If so, any idea how long it is from here to receive back the “confirmation of PR” that apparently goes into my US passport?
you’re almost there! try checking GCKey for sometime they’ll let you know when you finally have the final decision. If you sent already what they’re asking you, then you’re a few days from the final decision.

Reactions: maxshrike

PA_Canada

Star Member
Dec 19, 2019
Hi Team October! Trying to understand where I am in the process- received an email today (1/10/20) with a letter attached.

It Says: “The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete. You must complete the following steps within 30 days in order to issue your Confirmation of Permanent Residence and, if applicable, permanent residence visa.”

Basically says to send a photocopy of my Passport and two photos, and fill in one form (Annex A), and a self addressed stamped envelope.

ECAS says “decision made”
GCKey has a new document “invitation to pre-arrival services”

ahhh- am I approved? If so, any idea how long it is from here to receive back the “confirmation of PR” that apparently goes into my US passport?
Are you sure they are asking for a photocopy of the passport? And not the actual passport ? Because by the looks of it the content appears to be that of a PPR email ...

maxshrike

Star Member
Aug 26, 2019
San Jose, California
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
10-10-2019
AOR Received.
04-11-2019
File Transfer...
26-11-2019
Med's Request
22-11-2019
Med's Done....
03-12-2019
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
10-01-2020
LANDED..........
17-08-2020
you’re almost there! try checking GCKey for sometime they’ll let you know when you finally have the final decision. If you sent already what they’re asking you, then you’re a few days from the final decision.
Thanks!

maxshrike

Star Member
Aug 26, 2019
San Jose, California
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
10-10-2019
AOR Received.
04-11-2019
File Transfer...
26-11-2019
Med's Request
22-11-2019
Med's Done....
03-12-2019
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
10-01-2020
LANDED..........
17-08-2020
He’s from US. He doesnt need visa to come to Canada that’s why.
Just to be clear- as a United States citizen, I need to go through the same PR application process to move to and live in Canada. But because US citizens don’t require a Visa to visit Canada, the actual way they provide the PR is different. (Confirmation of PR vs PR Visa).

Reactions: Shaanggg

Pranav123

Star Member
Jan 10, 2020
Hi october teAm !!Please update anyone.. anyone get news after transfer file to new delhi visa office
Please reply

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Just to be clear- as a United States citizen, I need to go through the same PR application process to move to and live in Canada. But because US citizens don’t require a Visa to visit Canada, the actual way they provide the PR is different. (Confirmation of PR vs PR Visa).
In fact I think your email was your passport request. They only need a photocopy because you don't need a visa. The COPR is all you need, which they'll send you. The visa and COPR are separate.

So yes, it appears you are approved and almost done. Congrats.

maxshrike

Star Member
Aug 26, 2019
San Jose, California
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
10-10-2019
AOR Received.
04-11-2019
File Transfer...
26-11-2019
Med's Request
22-11-2019
Med's Done....
03-12-2019
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
10-01-2020
LANDED..........
17-08-2020
In fact I think your email was your passport request. They only need a photocopy because you don't need a visa. The COPR is all you need, which they'll send you. The visa and COPR are separate.

So yes, it appears you are approved and almost done. Congrats.
Thanks for confirming- that is what I thought... but much sooner than expected!!!

Reactions: armoured

Shaanggg

Nov 20, 2019
Yup. That’s what I was trying to imply. For countries like ours who require visa, they need to get the passport from ours to stamp the visa and issue a COPR. For those countries who dont, they need the photocopy of your passport and a certain form to fill up and issue COPR as well. But it’s the same process! it’s what you call the PPR and Pre arrival stage.

Luthien

Star Member
Jul 25, 2018
AOR Received.
23-05-2019
Congrates, Have you finished the Background check or still processing ?
My ECAS says decision made but my GCkey actually hasn't been updated. The last update is from the middle of December stating that I passed my medical exam. Everything is officially still in process when I check it. That is kind of confusing now.
But the document I got from them clearly says that they will send me COPR once I send them the copy of my passport and two new pictures. I figured that this is PPR.

Reactions: Belarusian