+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2019 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

cecict

Jul 14, 2018
Hey Everyone!!

I recently came to know the most saddening news of my life as my spouse Visa got rejected on the matter of not satisfying the govn of Canada that I will leave Canada because of current employment situation and financial status.
  • I resigned from my job by August 2019 - is it a must to have employment while applying for visa?
  • Applied for visa on October 2019
  • Shown bank balance of 10000cad
It would be very helpful if you could help me with this issue.
Thank you
I believe you are the sponsor...

in the application form, did you filled employed or unemployed ?
how many people are in application including dependants ?
did you got the application number and then being rejected ?

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5289-sponsor-your-spouse-common-law-partner-conjugal-partner-dependent-child-complete-guide.html

In IMM 5289, did you gave an explanation about following question for IMM 5532 i.e. sponsorship evaluation form:
if you were unemployed, explain how you supported yourself

Reactions: Eric1993

Eric1993

Nov 25, 2019
I believe you are the sponsor...

in the application form, did you filled employed or unemployed ?
how many people are in application including dependants ?
did you got the application number and then being rejected ?

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5289-sponsor-your-spouse-common-law-partner-conjugal-partner-dependent-child-complete-guide.html

In IMM 5289, did you gave an explanation about following question for IMM 5532 i.e. sponsorship evaluation form:
if you were unemployed, explain how you supported yourself
Thank you for your response!!

Only me and my wife are in the application.
Yes I first got the application number and then got rejected
I provided information as I was self employed to support myself and also provided the sufficient funds

cecict

Jul 14, 2018
Thank you for your response!!

Only me and my wife are in the application.
Yes I first got the application number and then got rejected
I provided information as I was self employed to support myself and also provided the sufficient funds
Well there is a minimum funds requirement for express entry application which is $15,772 for 2 members...
But not sure about Spousal Sponsorship...does not mention anywhere about minimum funds requirement...

Maybe you are self employed and with $10,000 as available funds justification is needed how will you support a family of 2.

Eric1993

Nov 25, 2019
Well there is a minimum funds requirement for express entry application which is $15,772 for 2 members...
But not sure about Spousal Sponsorship...does not mention anywhere about minimum funds requirement...

Maybe you are self employed and with $10,000 as available funds justification is needed how will you support a family of 2.
Yeah that might be the reason. But still she being an international student when we calculate all available funds with mine and her GIC amount we were at around 18000$

cecict

Jul 14, 2018
Yeah that might be the reason. But still she being an international student when we calculate all available funds with my and her GIC amount we were at around 18000$

But they will check Sponsor's available funds...i think they felt 10K is less for a self employed person...
Case would be much stronger if you were employed as employment letter shows annual salary...

I think you can accumulate some funds and reapply with bank statement and explanation letter..

Eric1993

Nov 25, 2019
But they will check Sponsor's available funds...i think they felt 10K is less for a self employed person...
Case would be much stronger if you were employed as employment letter shows annual salary...

I think you can accumulate some funds and reapply with bank statement and explanation letter..
Thank you so much for the response!!

We actually added both bank statement and explanation letter.
Is it better to join for a job and apply after 6 months or accumulate better funds?
Because you never know when some new rule or change comes up.

nicash

May 26, 2017
toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
02-04-2017
received medical request....
app received 24 OCT
ECAS 19 NOV
AOR 19 NOV
BIO 22 NOV
SA 23 NOV
Medical 25 NOV

wow.. GOOD LUCK EVERY ONE.. HOPE FOR BEST

Reactions: cecict and armoured

cecict

Jul 14, 2018
Thank you so much for the response!!

We actually added both bank statement and explanation letter.
Is it better to join for a job and apply after 6 months or accumulate better funds?
Because you never know when some new rule or change comes up.
yes...either take a job and reapply after getting few salary slips..
or if self employed, you need to justify income to support a family..

ZeeSho

Oct 24, 2019
Just now received an email that application is updated...
in GCKEY, got biometric request letter..

app received 10 OCT
ECAS 8 NOV
AOR 9 NOV
BIO 25 NOV
Congratulation, i am still waiting my Biomedical Letter wondering i have not received it yet because everyone as shown in google sheet received in the same day they received SP.

Last edited:

cecict

Jul 14, 2018
Congratulation, i am still waiting my Biomedical Letter wondering i have not received it yet because everyone as shown in google sheet received in the same day they received SP.
Did you submitted any previous medical results with the application ?