+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****OCTOBER 2019 Inland Spousal Sponsorship****

Katt

Feb 10, 2019
Congratulations! Did you get it online, or in person at Service Canada?
Hi, thanks! :)
I first applied online and sent all the required documents but they sent me a letter that they're not able to process it as I'm missing a proof of mailing address that matches my current address, so I just called the Service Canada and requested an appointment in person then they booked for me after 2 business days.

Reactions: PrincessButtercup

PrincessButtercup

Oct 1, 2019
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
24-12-2019
Med's Request
07-28-2020
Med's Done....
08-05-2020
Interview........
N/A (COVID)
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
09-28-2020
Hi, thanks! :)
I first applied online and sent all the required documents but they sent me a letter that they're not able to process it as I'm missing a proof of mailing address that matches my current address, so I just called the Service Canada and requested an appointment in person then they booked for me after 2 business days.
Awesome! I'm actually going in to a Service Canada office tomorrow morning to get some answers on my online SIN application (I applied on 9/28 but have not received yet). Were they able to cancel or just complete your online application and then give you your number on site, then? This is what I'm hoping they can do with mine!

Katt

Feb 10, 2019
Awesome! I'm actually going in to a Service Canada office tomorrow morning to get some answers on my online SIN application (I applied on 9/28 but have not received yet). Were they able to cancel or just complete your online application and then give you your number on site, then? This is what I'm hoping they can do with mine!
They didn't have to cancel my online app because they stated on the letter they sent to me that I have to reapply by mail or inperson using the same requirements so I brought my passport and COPR and didn't have to show a proof of mailing address as they don't have to send it by mail. The transaction went too fast like 5-10mins then they gave me a 1pc of paper with my permanent sin # on it :)

Last edited:

PrincessButtercup

Oct 1, 2019
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
24-12-2019
Med's Request
07-28-2020
Med's Done....
08-05-2020
Interview........
N/A (COVID)
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
09-28-2020
They didn't have to cancel my online app because they stated on the letter they sent me that I have to reapply by mail or inperson using the same requirements so I brought my passport and COPR and didn't have to show a proof of mailing address as they don't have to send it by mail. The transaction went too fast like 5-10mins then they gave me a 1pc of paper with my permanent sin # on it :)
Interesting--thanks for that. I'll let you know what happens with my appointment tomorrow.

Reactions: Katt

Alex1985

Oct 13, 2020
hey guys after I received correspondence proof of relationship and SA October-9 I submitted my proof of relationship on 22-October I haven’t heard anything I called them today the agent again wasn’t helpful any recommendations ?
Thanks all.

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
hey guys after I received correspondence proof of relationship and SA October-9 I submitted my proof of relationship on 22-October I haven’t heard anything I called them today the agent again wasn’t helpful any recommendations ?
Thanks all.
I think you just have to wait. We were told our application was approved Nov 1 but still waiting for COPR. Theres nothing that can be done to speed up the process. The only thing is just to make sure they've acknowledged reception of your documents.

PrincessButtercup

Oct 1, 2019
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
24-12-2019
Med's Request
07-28-2020
Med's Done....
08-05-2020
Interview........
N/A (COVID)
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
09-28-2020
They probably already started processing yours and hope you get an approval too soon! :)
I had another ghost update in my GCKey this past Sunday, nothing yesterday, and then today it changed to "Approved" and that my PR card was mailed out yesterday. Woo hoo! For those curious, that was 8 weeks from receipt of PR card photo to PR card being mailed out.

Romy2

Apr 22, 2019
Does anybody know how long it takes to get passport request after medical is done under inland sponsorship

Golden_islandgal

Star Member
Oct 19, 2019
Does anybody know how long it takes to get passport request after medical is done under inland sponsorship
There is no passport request for inland applicants. Inland applicants receive confirmation of permanent resident letter and some time after receive their permanent resident card via mail. After medical in respect of the PA there is background check, security check and eligibility to be done and all that can take some time especially with covid. In respect of the S sponsor approval to be done.

Romy2

Apr 22, 2019
There is no passport request for inland applicants. Inland applicants receive confirmation of permanent resident letter and some time after receive their permanent resident card via mail. After medical in respect of the PA there is background check, security check and eligibility to be done and all that can take some time especially with covid. In respect of the S sponsor approval to be done.
Oh thank you so much for your response! and by any chance do you know the time it takes after medical, approx how many months .?

PrincessButtercup

Oct 1, 2019
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
24-12-2019
Med's Request
07-28-2020
Med's Done....
08-05-2020
Interview........
N/A (COVID)
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
09-28-2020
Hi guys, I finally got my PR card now. I'm not sure what date exactly they delivered but my landlord just gave it to me today since It's my moving out day. Hope you guys receive yours soon!! :)
Congratulations! :D

I also received mine last Friday. Now just waiting on my SIN, and I'll be done!

Reactions: Katt