Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
Has anyone waited for more than 10 days for their COPR? Application approved since two weeks ago, DM in ecas but nothing is updated. My husband need to travel so I just hope it's not gonna take forever. Anyone in the same situation?

Golden_islandgal

Star Member
Oct 19, 2019
Has anyone waited for more than 10 days for their COPR? Application approved since two weeks ago, DM in ecas but nothing is updated. My husband need to travel so I just hope it's not gonna take forever. Anyone in the same situation?
I have seen persons state they have seen dm on ecas and waited a a bit to receive copr some exceed 10 days. You should get it soon though hopefully by the end of the week

Alex1985

Oct 13, 2020
Procedural fairness letters have only one chance to respond, so they will make a decision based on the documents you sent to them after receiving the letter. They will not request any additional documents related to relationship and cohabitation, although they may ask for BGC related documents for example police clearance if needed. I am sure you will get your AIP soon, all the best of luck to you.
They’re requested proof of relationship included police clearance from back home we sent it already.

Alex1985

Oct 13, 2020
Thank you. I submitted the additional proof via webform
Oct 9 sunmitted additional docs
Oct 22 email confirming receipt and that it and gc key updated to "we received the documents you submitted"
Oct 26 email saying we received your documents and gc key updated to "we are reviewing the documents you submitted"
Oct 28 received pre arrival services letter
Nov 3 received AIP
Nov 4 DM on ecas
Nov 5 received email asking for my address (not usual email address)
Nov 5 received COPR via email and update in gc key!!!!!
Thanks for sharing your timeline, I’m still waiting since October 22 no update yet wondering if it’s time to call and ask or just wait.

Golden_islandgal

Star Member
Oct 19, 2019
Thanks for sharing your timeline, I’m still waiting since October 22 no update yet wondering if it’s time to call and ask or just wait.
You can certainly call. I would wait at least a month to see if there is any progress in gc key or ecas. When I called them when I received pre arrival services letter (odd because its usually sent to Outland applicants) I was told everything was passed and my file in the queue for final decision. So it seems they are working but we may not see immediate or all updates in a timely manner. So calling may give you some information

Reactions: Alex1985

Alex1985

Oct 13, 2020
You can certainly call. I would wait at least a month to see if there is any progress in gc key or ecas. When I called them when I received pre arrival services letter (odd because its usually sent to Outland applicants) I was told everything was passed and my file in the queue for final decision. So it seems they are working but we may not see immediate or all updates in a timely manner. So calling may give you some information
When you use to call them they confirm you where’s your application at? Had you seen any update on your ecas before the DM ? my wife said the same thing at least give them one month and call.
my OWP will be expired soon and my company gave me choices to stop working or renew it till I hear something about my PR i don’t what would be better.

Katt

Feb 10, 2019
Hi guys, hope y'all doing well. Just a quick question.. I'm still waiting for my PR card but I'm moving out already on Nov. 30th, do I have to update my address and request for a new PR card after I receive it or will I just update that when I renew it after 5yrs?

Thanks in advance guys! Keep safe :)

Golden_islandgal

Star Member
Oct 19, 2019
When you use to call them they confirm you where’s your application at? Had you seen any update on your ecas before the DM ? my wife said the same thing at least give them one month and call.
my OWP will be expired soon and my company gave me choices to stop working or renew it till I hear something about my PR i don’t what would be better.
When I called they told me what was pending and the stages of the application that were passed eg BGC, criminality & security etc. There was no update on ecas before DM. If you submitted a OWP with your spousal application the you have implied status. If not then you can't work once your WP expires. You can apply for a new one and that gives you implied status and you can continue to work. You can do some research on it

Reactions: Alex1985

Alex1985

Oct 13, 2020
When I called they told me what was pending and the stages of the application that were passed eg BGC, criminality & security etc. There was no update on ecas before DM. If you submitted a OWP with your spousal application the you have implied status. If not then you can't work once your WP expires. You can apply for a new one and that gives you implied status and you can continue to work. You can do some research on it
Thank you so much for your help.
I don’t apply because my OWP will expired on December 2020 we thought i will got DM before. i will do some research on it and check what’s the best will be.

Reactions: Golden_islandgal

PrincessButtercup

Oct 1, 2019
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
24-12-2019
Med's Request
07-28-2020
Med's Done....
08-05-2020
Interview........
N/A (COVID)
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
09-28-2020
Hi guys, hope y'all doing well. Just a quick question.. I'm still waiting for my PR card but I'm moving out already on Nov. 30th, do I have to update my address and request for a new PR card after I receive it or will I just update that when I renew it after 5yrs?

Thanks in advance guys! Keep safe :)
If I were you'd I'd just make sure my nail was being forwarded. I don't know if the PR cards include an address on them like a driver's license do, so the most important thing is just making sure it reaches you. To change your address with IRCC might set back any progress on getting the card out to you, but I'm not sure.

Reactions: Katt

Katt

Feb 10, 2019
If I were you'd I'd just make sure my nail was being forwarded. I don't know if the PR cards include an address on them like a driver's license do, so the most important thing is just making sure it reaches you. To change your address with IRCC might set back any progress on getting the card out to you, but I'm not sure.
Hi, thanks for the advice. Receiving it is not a problem as I have a contact with my current landlord and I already told them about that. I'm only concern if I have to update my address after I receive the pr card because I thought there's an address written there. Thanks again :)

Reactions: PrincessButtercup

Katt

Feb 10, 2019
There's a ghost update on my gckey last night Nov.15, My files for PR app, PR card app & OWP app were all changed to "Application/profile updated" but when I opened all 3 of them there's nothing new, no updates at all. I guess they started processing my pr card already and they opened all my files regarding my PR status. Any ideas? Let me know if anyone got the same thing as mine. Thank you in advance! :)

My PR card photos received on Oct.26th at Vancouver office.

Edit :
I just checked my gckey now and my PR card app was updated again and stated that my PR card was already approved today Nov.16 and already mailed to me. So I just have to wait now in the mail. Thank god! :)

Last edited:

Golden_islandgal

Star Member
Oct 19, 2019
There's a ghost update on my gckey last night Nov.15, My files for PR app, PR card app & OWP app were all changed to "Application/profile updated" but when I opened all 3 of them there's nothing new, no updates at all. I guess they started processing my pr card already and they opened all my files regarding my PR status. Any ideas? Let me know if anyone got the same thing as mine. Thank you in advance! :)

My PR card photos received on Oct.26th at Vancouver office.

Edit :
I just checked my gckey now and my PR card app was updated again and stated that my PR card was already approved today Nov.16 and already mailed to me. So I just have to wait now in the mail. Thank god! :)
You refer to pr card app were you able to.oink your prd card to your account? I don't understand

Edit
Figured out I can link the pr card to my gc key as its considered a different application. I didn't know. I am trying to link my son's pr card application as well (he was a part of the spousal application as an accompanying minor) but it won't allow me to. Think I will call them tomorrow for some assistance

Last edited:
Reactions: Katt

omar1983

Star Member
Feb 7, 2020
Hi Everyone
When we sent our PR application, we gave two adresses : postal (it is the adress of our representative) and residencial adress. I'd like to know where to receive our PR card?
Thank you