+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****OCTOBER 2019 Inland Spousal Sponsorship****

Golden_islandgal

Star Member
Oct 19, 2019
Let me know how it goes with withdrawing your OWP. I am going to do the same, but wanted to wait until I had my SIN so I could do it 100% confidence. Of course the SIN (applied online 9/28, spoke with someone 10/30, she said she could see the application in the system but couldn't expedite it or really help me, no ETA either) is taking forever, so it is delaying my OWP cancellation.
I called and explained that I got copr and wish to withdraw the owp application. The agent indicated that they have placed a note on my file indicating I wish to withdraw and I may be contacted by someone. I submitted a request online to apply for my sin and waiting for them to call me to give me an appointment to come in and do it. They say I will be contacted in 2 business days

Reactions: PrincessButtercup

jyy

Nov 6, 2020
I have one question.Please Help :

If I am on implied status ,than what would be to- date under country of residence.Thanks.

PrincessButtercup

Oct 1, 2019
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
24-12-2019
Med's Request
07-28-2020
Med's Done....
08-05-2020
Interview........
N/A (COVID)
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
09-28-2020
Has anyone receive a biometrics fee refund yet? If yes, how long did it took for you to get it after the COPR? Thank you :)
My biometrics refund took 3 days after COPR. No notification, just appeared on my husband's credit card, as someone else mentioned.

Reactions: Katt

PrincessButtercup

Oct 1, 2019
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
24-12-2019
Med's Request
07-28-2020
Med's Done....
08-05-2020
Interview........
N/A (COVID)
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
09-28-2020
I have one question.Please Help :

If I am on implied status ,than what would be to- date under country of residence.Thanks.
Unsure of what form you're referring to, but if you're in Canada, then it would be Canada. Implied status is a legal status.

Reactions: jyy

PrincessButtercup

Oct 1, 2019
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
24-12-2019
Med's Request
07-28-2020
Med's Done....
08-05-2020
Interview........
N/A (COVID)
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
09-28-2020
I called and explained that I got copr and wish to withdraw the owp application. The agent indicated that they have placed a note on my file indicating I wish to withdraw and I may be contacted by someone. I submitted a request online to apply for my sin and waiting for them to call me to give me an appointment to come in and do it. They say I will be contacted in 2 business days
Definitely go in and do it once they contact you, because you'll get your SIN on the spot. I am kicking myself for applying online and now I'm in another waiting pattern with the Government.

Reactions: Golden_islandgal

jyy

Nov 6, 2020
Unsure of what form you're referring to, but if you're in Canada, then it would be Canada. Implied status is a legal status.
I am referring to Generic application form (imm0008e) for common law partner sponsorship.I am on visitor visa(implied status ) right now. So what should I fill in visa validity section.What should be to-date in canada ?

PrincessButtercup

Oct 1, 2019
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
24-12-2019
Med's Request
07-28-2020
Med's Done....
08-05-2020
Interview........
N/A (COVID)
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
09-28-2020
I am referring to Generic application form (imm0008e) for common law partner sponsorship.I am on visitor visa(implied status ) right now. So what should I fill in visa validity section.What should be to-date in canada ?
Unfortunately I'm not familiar with that form. Hopefully someone else here can help you, or you may want to repost in the general Family Sponsorship forum. Most of the participants here last filled out their Permanent Residency applications over a year ago, so the forms might not be as fresh in everyone's mind.

Reactions: Golden_islandgal

jyy

Nov 6, 2020
Unfortunately I'm not familiar with that form. Hopefully someone else here can help you, or you may want to repost in the general Family Sponsorship forum. Most of the participants here last filled out their Permanent Residency applications over a year ago, so the forms might not be as fresh in everyone's mind.

Reactions: PrincessButtercup

rmassey1984

Sep 15, 2020
Just an update people. We got the COPR in our e-mail on Sept 24, requesting photos be sent to Etobicoke office. We did that the very next day, and saw that Canada post delivered it on Sept 28th

Everything we saw online was saying that we should expect a 4-month wait, and our representative/consultant said it would take at least that much or possibly even longer especially as we had to send to the Etobicoke office

Well what do you know.....got home on 5 November, and the PR card was waiting in the mail. So barely over 1 month from sending the photos to getting the PR card :)

IRCC is really getting their game together right now!

Golden_islandgal

Star Member
Oct 19, 2019
Just an update people. We got the COPR in our e-mail on Sept 24, requesting photos be sent to Etobicoke office. We did that the very next day, and saw that Canada post delivered it on Sept 28th

Everything we saw online was saying that we should expect a 4-month wait, and our representative/consultant said it would take at least that much or possibly even longer especially as we had to send to the Etobicoke office

Well what do you know.....got home on 5 November, and the PR card was waiting in the mail. So barely over 1 month from sending the photos to getting the PR card :)

IRCC is really getting their game together right now!
Thats amazing! Mailed the pic for mine the very next day too hoping I receive it in short order as well

Vanitalo

Dec 15, 2019
I got COPR in in e-mail which ask me to send photo to Etobicoke office. I am wondering when will I get the land paper as no interview is needed?

Golden_islandgal

Star Member
Oct 19, 2019
I got COPR in in e-mail which ask me to send photo to Etobicoke office. I am wondering when will I get the land paper as no interview is needed?
There are no in person landing due to covid. The copr is all you will receive authorising your landing. Just comply with the instructions in your copr