+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****OCTOBER 2019 Inland Spousal Sponsorship****

KuroNeko26

Mar 12, 2018
California
OMG finally! Congrats! :) we got the PFL on the same day last sept. 2!
Mine took 13days after passing the eligibility.
Thanks for letting me know! I'm hoping I'll get DM before December 1st which is which my visitor status expires haha it'll save me from having to apply for a third extension

Reactions: Katt

Katt

Feb 10, 2019
Thanks for letting me know! I'm hoping I'll get DM before December 1st which is which my visitor status expires haha it'll save me from having to apply for a third extension
Fingers crossed you'll get it before it expires. :) All the best!

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
After two months of stressing over getting my PFL and sending in my proof and lots and lots of praying..I got a letter in my account this morning saying my eligibility has passed! How long does it take to get DM at this point?
Congrats!! I didn't know about the PFL but I remember the issue with the owp. Hopefully you get your DM soon!

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
FYI: To all October applicants--my husband (sponsor) just received the $85 biometrics fee refund today (3 days after I received COPR).

I know some of you said that this was mentioned in one of your IRCC letters (AIP? COPR?), but it was never in any of mine, so I wondered if it would actually happen, but rest assured it did.
It is mentioned on the website, that we don't have to send a request. If there was extra money paid, they will refund it.

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
Oh ok, maybe it changes from office to office or applications, I think I sent 2 with my application and the sentence in my letter says exactly the same but "two" instead of one, who knows. Did you get your SIN already? remember to update the health card from your province so they send you a new one with no expiration day, I just had to take the COPR letter to one of the Registries and they updated it for free (Alberta), it took about 8 days to get it in the mail. Banks also need your new SIN and you'll be able to open a tax free savings account and a retirement fund, oh and get a decent credit card :D
Which province has card without expiration date? That's awesome.

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
Urgent help needed: 2019 October inland applicant here, approved PR October 2020. My partners daughter who is in Brazil, who is 21 next month, applied with us in sponsorship. We sent in all of her forms, payed the fees, she got her medical done, etc. But apparently our consultant said on the forms that she would NOT be accompanying him to Canada. So, because of that IRCC is not issuing her a visa and the case is now marked as closed.

The consultant said he would try and open the case again, or we would have to try and sponsor her again before she turned 22. But I am feeling really nervous now, and misled by this lawyer who until now said we just had to wait for her visa to come through. I am doing my own research, but I really need to know what the next steps here are. I am so heartbroken and stressed, and I really need help. Thank you!
Do you have any written communication proving he misled you? I think I would take action if this means I can't sponsor my child as a result.

In the meantime, note the following :

- There is a lock-in age date for your child's application. It is usually the date the application is received by IRCC.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/non-economic-classes/dependent-children.html#fhec

- The eligibility requirements for the sponsor are the same. For the child to be considered a dependent child, they should not be married or in common-law relationship until they become PR. Otherwise, their age would no longer be locked-in.

- Verify if you had paid fee for your children applications and if it was reimbursed.

See if you can contact IRCC directly or even your MP, for advice. You would have to submit an outland application which would mean possible additiona
l delays, especially if the VO closes due to COVID. Just make sure they have valid visa/eta.

Good luck!

N3ca

Star Member
Sep 26, 2020
Hi everyone, I am a December applicant, but I have a question here since you guys are more experienced.
I received a medical request for myself on the 8th of October in my ECA, email came in on the 9th with the attached PDF. I did the medicals on the 10th.
Same on the 10th I checked my ECA and saw a correspondence and another medical request was sent too. Didn’t receive anything in my email, and wasn’t able to link my application to my gckey account
I waited till on the 19th of October and called the call center, the agent I spoke with said the other medical request sent was for my 6yr old son and the correspondence is for my rcmp fingerprints. She said she will request it on my behalf, that after 2 days I don’t see it in my email I can call back. So I called back on the 23rd another agent said there’s another correspondence for my son saying I have full custody yet I have not even received any of this correspondence the agent said the request has already been made that I will have to wait. So my question is what else can I do to get this because it’s been 2week already, and I am getting worried, can I make this request again through the webform, as we don’t have a representative, my husband and I check our email and junk everyday. Please your answer will help. Thanks

mosiahfine

Oct 10, 2019
Hi everyone, I am a December applicant, but I have a question here since you guys are more experienced.
I received a medical request for myself on the 8th of October in my ECA, email came in on the 9th with the attached PDF. I did the medicals on the 10th.
Same on the 10th I checked my ECA and saw a correspondence and another medical request was sent too. Didn’t receive anything in my email, and wasn’t able to link my application to my gckey account
I waited till on the 19th of October and called the call center, the agent I spoke with said the other medical request sent was for my 6yr old son and the correspondence is for my rcmp fingerprints. She said she will request it on my behalf, that after 2 days I don’t see it in my email I can call back. So I called back on the 23rd another agent said there’s another correspondence for my son saying I have full custody yet I have not even received any of this correspondence the agent said the request has already been made that I will have to wait. So my question is what else can I do to get this because it’s been 2week already, and I am getting worried, can I make this request again through the webform, as we don’t have a representative, my husband and I check our email and junk everyday. Please your answer will help. Thanks
if you are told to wait just wait things are not as smooth as before.

adanthony90

Jul 23, 2018
Hi, just wondering if there are any Oct 2019 application that has not received their SA or AIP or DM yet? I'm a mid November application who has not received anything after medical passed. Just want to know if there are any Oct applicants are still waiting....
Hi, October 16 and still waiting :(

huiqixie

Dec 15, 2019
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
12-11-2020
AOR Received.
10-01-2020
Med's Request
22-08-2020
Med's Done....
01-09-2020
Hi, October 16 and still waiting :(
Was it because you need to submit additional documents? I haven’t heard back anything since medical passed....

adanthony90

Jul 23, 2018
Hi, just wondering if there are any Oct 2019 application that has not received their SA or AIP or DM yet? I'm a mid November application who has not received anything after medical passed. Just want to know if there are any Oct applicants are still waiting....
Was it because you need to submit additional documents? I haven’t heard back anything since medical passed....
I received a request to submit RCMP fingerprints August 7th and I sent the prints August 8th. I emailed RCMP and they responded saying they sent the prints directly to IRCC on August 13th. I inquired through web form and IRCC responded they received the prints September 2nd. I called IRCC recently because I’ve passed the one year mark and they said that my file has not been updated yet with the prints and there’s a backlog :( so I’m assuming that they have my prints and my file has not been updated or looked at by an officer. Just waiting it out for now. It’s frustrating.. I noticed they’ve already started approving Dec 2019 apps. I’ve applied for GCMS notes and once received will be sending an email to the MP here to see what is causing the delay on our app.