+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****OCTOBER 2019 Inland Spousal Sponsorship****

A&J

Jan 4, 2020
You don't. You will receive it via your gc key(if you have an account) if not you receive it by mail. However if you have a representative/lawyer it goes to them.
Thanks, just sacked my representative. COPR showed up in my GC-Key.

For anyone reading this, if your case is simple, DO NOT HIRE REPRESENTATIVES.

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
My ecas status changed to Decision Made for both Sponsor and Applicant. But CIC account still shows in progress. Is it normal. ?
Please advise
Does it say background check complete on XX/XX/XXXX ?

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
For those who landed recently, did you just receive your COPR by email or you received an email asking to send a document proving that you are in Canada or answering some questions? Thanks.

Golden_islandgal

Star Member
Oct 19, 2019
I got the SA on Sept 9th and now I'm still waiting for AIP, DM,
there is no document require.
I requested the GCMS note on Sept 29th but still haven't get it . Hopefully I can get the note soon and I will know what's happen to my Application
here is my time line on ECAS
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on October 23, 2019.
  2. We started processing your application on September 9, 2020.
  3. We sent you medical instructions on March 15, 2020. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  4. Medical results have been received.
Your notes will tell you what's happening but be prepared for them to send you a request letter for additional proof. Usually SA and AIP is received the same day and if its not and a day or more passes its usually the case that they send the PA a letter requesting additional proof of their relationship. Good luck

sbkind

Mar 26, 2020
Did anybody send their PR card photos to the Ottawa office and receive any updates?

It seems like it really depends what your responsible IRCC office is for PR card processing. Some are taking longer, some are faster.

PrincessButtercup

Oct 1, 2019
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
24-12-2019
Med's Request
07-28-2020
Med's Done....
08-05-2020
Interview........
N/A (COVID)
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
09-28-2020
Did anybody send their PR card photos to the Ottawa office and receive any updates?

It seems like it really depends what your responsible IRCC office is for PR card processing. Some are taking longer, some are faster.
I haven't heard anything since I linked my PR card paperwork to my GC Key account, about a month ago now.

PrincessButtercup

Oct 1, 2019
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
24-12-2019
Med's Request
07-28-2020
Med's Done....
08-05-2020
Interview........
N/A (COVID)
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
09-28-2020

A&J

Jan 4, 2020
For those who landed recently, did you just receive your COPR by email or you received an email asking to send a document proving that you are in Canada or answering some questions? Thanks.
COPR will come by email, and then the same document will be available for you in GC key after a few days.
Depending on your location in canada, you are either automatically landed or IRCC will call you by phone or send you an email to get some information.

Etobicoke for example are landed me virtually a couple days ago with no phone interview or email. I am now a permanent resident of canada but still have not received a COPR email. According to IRCC agent on the phone, they send them in batches and I am in queue to have the COPR sent in the next batch.

If you want to check your status, call IRCC, the call center has been amazing help for me.

Reactions: Laurahd

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
COPR will come by email, and then the same document will be available for you in GC key after a few days.
Depending on your location in canada, you are either automatically landed or IRCC will call you by phone or send you an email to get some information.

Etobicoke for example are landed me virtually a couple days ago with no phone interview or email. I am now a permanent resident of canada but still have not received a COPR email. According to IRCC agent on the phone, they send them in batches and I am in queue to have the COPR sent in the next batch.

If you want to check your status, call IRCC, the call center has been amazing help for me.
Thanks a lot. You're right, they are very helpful at the customer service helpline. Do you call to check your status because you don't have GCKey? When I call the automated line yesterday, it was reading the same information I see under the profile. How long did it take to get DM after AIP?

A&J

Jan 4, 2020
Thanks a lot. You're right, they are very helpful at the customer service helpline. Do you call to check your status because you don't have GCKey? When I call the automated line yesterday, it was reading the same information I see under the profile. How long did it take to get DM after AIP?

I called because I did not receive any email although I see that I am a permanent resident on ECAS and I see the COPR document on GC Key. Decision made was 1 day after AIP, literally went from "eligibility not started" to DM in 1 day. Landing was same day as DM.

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
I called because I did not receive any email although I see that I am a permanent resident on ECAS and I see the COPR document on GC Key. Decision made was 1 day after AIP, literally went from "eligibility not started" to DM in 1 day. Landing was same day as DM.
That's really fast. What comes after We received your medical exam in ECAS? How was your landing? Did they ask any document?

A&J

Jan 4, 2020
That's really fast. What comes after We received your medical exam in ECAS? How was your landing? Did they ask any document?
No documents. I was landed automatically. That is why I was confused and had to call the center. After medical exam it said:

You entered canada at Etobicoke IRCC office on xxxxx and became a permanent resident.

Reactions: Laurahd

Alex1985

Oct 13, 2020
Hello everyone,random question can i have health card with SA and proof of address? We still waiting AIP it’s been a week ago.
Thanks!