+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****OCTOBER 2019 Inland Spousal Sponsorship****

paglimi

Star Member
Nov 14, 2019
Thank you! For some reason I still can't find it.. the only thing I can think of is it says in step 5 to copy the city/town of birth from COPR exactly, and I don't have a city/town in the COPR.. maybe that's it? I'm wondering if maybe it can't be found if they haven't started processing it maybe? It says through the tracking that it was received on September 10, maybe it wont show until they start processing?

Deb214

Star Member
Aug 25, 2020
Thank you! For some reason I still can't find it.. the only thing I can think of is it says in step 5 to copy the city/town of birth from COPR exactly, and I don't have a city/town in the COPR.. maybe that's it? I'm wondering if maybe it can't be found if they haven't started processing it maybe? It says through the tracking that it was received on September 10, maybe it wont show until they start processing?
Do you remember the city/town you had while filing out your spousal sponsorship application? That should be it.. if you try this and it doesn’t work maybe wait until next week and try again.
Also make sure you put the landing date as shown on your COPR

paglimi

Star Member
Nov 14, 2019
Yes, same city, his hometown, but it didn't work :( also used the landing date from the COPR, however there's a different date in the online application (September 1 online and September 3 on the COPR doc). Maybe I'll try both. Also, is middle name supposed to be there perhaps? It's on the COPR doc, so maybe it would go under first name?
Yes, I'll keep trying, thank you for your help!

Deb214

Star Member
Aug 25, 2020
Do you remember the city/town you had while filing out your spousal sponsorship application? That should be it.. if you try this and it doesn’t work maybe wait until next week and try again.
Also make sure you put the landing date as shown on your COPR
I was able to link my Pr card application the same day I received COPR,

make sure the city/town, landing date (as shown on your COPR) is accurate.. these information should be that of the principle applicant and not the sponsor.

paglimi

Star Member
Nov 14, 2019

make sure the city/town, landing date (as shown on your COPR) is accurate.. these information should be that of the principle applicant and not the sponsor.
Ah, as if you were able to link the same day, that's kind of scary if it's not letting us link it a month later :( I have to wait now as I already tried 5 times in the 24 hours, but I will keep trying!

saitesovsri

Sep 4, 2019

Don't they have to receive the application and enter it in the system before we could link it to our GCKey? I sent in the application for PR card 2 days ago, Canada post says it's still in transit. Should I be able to link now?

Deb214

Star Member
Aug 25, 2020
Steps to follow;

Select the option that says link an existing application to this account

What program did you apply for?.. select permanent residence card

From the drop down list, select UCI and family name

Type in your UCI number(Principal and family name (principal applicant)

Next selection is place of birth (ensure you type in your city of birth and select your country.. that of the principal applicant )

Next selection is date you became a permanent residence( this is gotten from your COPR)

Next selection is country of citizenship (input that of the principal applicant)

Last step is marital status(input your marital status)

You should be able to link your Pr applicant following these steps and inputting the correct information.

saitesovsri

Sep 4, 2019
Don't they have to receive the application and enter it in the system before we could link it to our GCKey? I sent in the application for PR card 2 days ago, Canada post says it's still in transit. Should I be able to link now?
Never mind, I was able to link the PR card application. The current status is "Pending Registration". Canada post says they will receive the application tomorrow. Thanks

Reactions: Deb214

mariedamzy

Sep 4, 2014
Hi all, we are in a bit of situation here. I need your advice. We have a representative who has always been receiving all correspondence. The copr took so long and we called immigration and they said they sent it 3 weeks ago but it was sent to my husband's email and it was a wrong email they had on file. They said they are unable to change it to the right email and it will take like 30 days to resend the copr to the representative. So we thought we could get it through the gckey. We decided to link the account which will disable the representative. I can see the copr details but there's no document to download. Pls advice what we can do. We need the copr urgently.

saitesovsri

Sep 4, 2019
Hi all, we are in a bit of situation here. I need your advice. We have a representative who has always been receiving all correspondence. The copr took so long and we called immigration and they said they sent it 3 weeks ago but it was sent to my husband's email and it was a wrong email they had on file. They said they are unable to change it to the right email and it will take like 30 days to resend the copr to the representative. So we thought we could get it through the gckey. We decided to link the account which will disable the representative. I can see the copr details but there's no document to download. Pls advice what we can do. We need the copr urgently.
Hi, not sure what the best course of action would be here honestly; I will let others chime in on this. But I can say this with certainty though, your husband is now a permanent resident of Canada since CoPR has been issued to him. So, he is a PR in IRCC system. I don't have the details on why you would need the CoPR urgently, but if its a status in Canada issue, I just want to put your mind at ease. He is a PR now, all you need now is to get that CoPR document. Hope this helps.

rv8089

Jul 17, 2018
USA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-07-2018
AOR Received.
02-08-2018
Med's Done....
24-08-2018
Hi,
we had same procedure as you, using Representative. but we have our Rep's email on PA detail. so they were receiving all details.
in case of incorrect email. best course of action would be to send web form request. describing this detail.
OR consult with your rep if you can remove them now and add application to GC key.
I cannot think of any other option.

huiqixie

Dec 15, 2019
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
12-11-2020
AOR Received.
10-01-2020
Med's Request
22-08-2020
Med's Done....
01-09-2020
Hi, just wondering if there are any Oct 2019 application that has not received their SA or AIP or DM yet? I'm a mid November application who has not received anything after medical passed. Just want to know if there are any Oct applicants are still waiting....

paglimi

Star Member
Nov 14, 2019
Ah, as if you were able to link the same day, that's kind of scary if it's not letting us link it a month later :( I have to wait now as I already tried 5 times in the 24 hours, but I will keep trying!
Mystery solved.. I tried his home state instead of city and it linked! I supposed that was an error on their end, but so glad I thought of that before being locked out again!

Reactions: PrincessButtercup

paglimi

Star Member
Nov 14, 2019
Does anyone know about travelling to the US before receiving PR card, but with COPR?
I called the IRCC and they said that it was likely OK to travel to the US without the PR card and be able to re-enter Canada via airplane. They said especially if I'm a Canadian citizen and we're travelling together, it should be fine as per link below. Essentially based on the link below it looks like if we're together, with our passports, bring our marriage certificate and have our daughter with her passports (she has both US and Canada), it would be OK to re-enter? Does anyone have any experience or thoughts on this?
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/immediate-family.html#how-citizens-prs

Trinicanadian

Sep 12, 2020
I received a request as well and they listed stuff I could send including residential lease agreement, life insurance etc but stated it is not limited to that. So I believe what you have should be sufficient. I had an issue adding my name to anything my husband has because everywhere we went they said its not possible because I am on visitor status. I submitted the additional proof including joint bank statements, mails from the bank and government agencies, amazon deliveries, pictures, life insurance, letters from family and friends, letter by my spouse along with a letter explaining the issues I faced in adding my name to anything via webform Oct 9 and I have not received a response however I logged into my gc key yesterday (Oct 16) and it said "application/profile updated" but when I checked the application I did not see any changes. It still said they are awaiting additional documents from me and when I returned to the main page it reverted to "your action is required". I assume that means they have received the documents I sent.

Hope this helps. Good luck
We got the same proof of cohabitation letter, and sent in tenancy agreement in both our names, house insurance in our names and my wife's bank info showing our address last monday and received AIP yesterday along with the Right of Permanent Residence Fee request. Almost there!

Reactions: Golden_islandgal