+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****OCTOBER 2019 Inland Spousal Sponsorship****

Multani514

Nov 28, 2019
QC applicant here! Application received on oct 15 2019! No other update looks like they havent started anything yet.
P.s got CSQ about 3 months ago nothing else

Shanghai911

Star Member
May 19, 2019
QC applicant here! Application received on oct 15 2019! No other update looks like they havent started anything yet.
P.s got CSQ about 3 months ago nothing else
Don't worry its about to move for you I bet. We are from October 10th and got CSQ in July also. Just got the Medical checkup request yesterday. Its moving and from what I read in the news they put more IRCC workers on our cases to rush the delivery of decision before January .. Good luck

Reactions: Laurahd

mosiahfine

Oct 10, 2019
I received the request for a police clearance certificate on September 08 same day I received AIP and SA. Submitted the file through WebForm on September 23. IRCC acknowledged the receipt of the file on October 02. No update yet.
hey any luck on an update for you?

PrincessButtercup

Oct 1, 2019
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
24-12-2019
Med's Request
07-28-2020
Med's Done....
08-05-2020
Interview........
N/A (COVID)
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
09-28-2020
Hello,
We received the COPR on August 29 and sent the photos about a day later for the actual PR card.
Does anyone know or has anyone done this and received the PR card yet? We are still waiting on it.
Thanks!
I did the same, but about a month after you (COPR received Sept. 28th, photo sent in to Ottawa Sept 29). I have not received my card yet. I believe cards are taking anywhere from 3 week to 3, 4 months to receive, depending on the province. They are low priority on IRCC's list.

Also--did you link you PR card to your CG Key account? You can do that just like any other application once IRCC has received your app. When they send the PR card out, the status will change to something like "Your permanent residency card has been mailed on <DATE>."

Last edited:

Multani514

Nov 28, 2019
Don't worry its about to move for you I bet. We are from October 10th and got CSQ in July also. Just got the Medical checkup request yesterday. Its moving and from what I read in the news they put more IRCC workers on our cases to rush the delivery of decision before January .. Good luck
Let’s hope for the best, Hopefully will get medical request soon

paglimi

Star Member
Nov 14, 2019
I did the same, but about a month after you (COPR received Sept. 28th, photo sent in to Ottawa Sept 29). I have not received my card yet. I believe cards are taking anywhere from 3 week to 3, 4 months to receive, depending on the province. They are low priority on IRCC's list.

Also--did you link you PR card to your CG Key account? You can do that just like any other application once IRCC has received your app. When they send the PR card out, the status will change to something like "Your permanent residency card has been mailed on <DATE>."
I just saw this, thank you for the response! Wow, 3 weeks to 4 months, quite the range. I really hope it does come soon as it says specifically not to travel before having it and we really want to go see my husband's family in the US for Thanksgiving as they haven't had a chance to meet our 8 month old yet :(
Thank you for the tip to add to the GC Key account, that is great to know!! Keep me posted on if you end up getting yours, I'm very curious on how long it will take. We are in Ottawa, I can keep you posted once we receive it as well

Reactions: PrincessButtercup

paglimi

Star Member
Nov 14, 2019
I just saw this, thank you for the response! Wow, 3 weeks to 4 months, quite the range. I really hope it does come soon as it says specifically not to travel before having it and we really want to go see my husband's family in the US for Thanksgiving as they haven't had a chance to meet our 8 month old yet :(
Thank you for the tip to add to the GC Key account, that is great to know!! Keep me posted on if you end up getting yours, I'm very curious on how long it will take. We are in Ottawa, I can keep you posted once we receive it as well
Hi again!
I couldnt use my UCI or application number to link it.. I dont have one specifically for the PR Card, as I just submitted the photos with the letter. Did it work for you with your UCI or family info, or do you have a specific number for the PR Card app?

Deb214

Star Member
Aug 25, 2020
Hi again!
I couldnt use my UCI or application number to link it.. I dont have one specifically for the PR Card, as I just submitted the photos with the letter. Did it work for you with your UCI or family info, or do you have a specific number for the PR Card app?
Hey you can follow this link and link your PR card:

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/linking-pr-card-application-to-track-pr-card-after-landing-flagpole-landing-interview-is-complete.617040/

mosiahfine

Oct 10, 2019
hello can someone help with this i got my sa and aip now im submitting under web form a required document do i submit it under sponsorship or permanent resident card in the type of application section ?

PrincessButtercup

Oct 1, 2019
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
24-12-2019
Med's Request
07-28-2020
Med's Done....
08-05-2020
Interview........
N/A (COVID)
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
09-28-2020
Yes, it's unfortunate that we can't travel on the COPR letter alone, given the long lag times for the actual card. If you absolutely cannot wait and need to travel without it, you have a apply for a Permanent Resident Travel Document (PRTD): https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=064&top=10, which is a whole other application to fill out, submit, and pay. The PRTD assumes you're a PR that has lost their PR card abroad/while travelling outside of Canada, and there's no option or distinction for those who are travelling only before receiving the actual card.

And yes, I will let you know when I receive my card, although you hopefully and probably will receive yours before me!

PrincessButtercup

Oct 1, 2019
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
24-12-2019
Med's Request
07-28-2020
Med's Done....
08-05-2020
Interview........
N/A (COVID)
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
09-28-2020
hello can someone help with this i got my sa and aip now im submitting under web form a required document do i submit it under sponsorship or permanent resident card in the type of application section ?
Sponsorship, I believe.

Permanent Resident Card is for those that are trying to link their PR card app.

PrincessButtercup

Oct 1, 2019
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
24-12-2019
Med's Request
07-28-2020
Med's Done....
08-05-2020
Interview........
N/A (COVID)
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
09-28-2020

saitesovsri

Sep 4, 2019
It should be under Sponsorship > Sponsorship - Spouse, common-law partner in Canada.

Reactions: mosiahfine

paglimi

Star Member
Nov 14, 2019
Yes, it's unfortunate that we can't travel on the COPR letter alone, given the long lag times for the actual card. If you absolutely cannot wait and need to travel without it, you have a apply for a Permanent Resident Travel Document (PRTD): https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=064&top=10, which is a whole other application to fill out, submit, and pay. The PRTD assumes you're a PR that has lost their PR card abroad/while travelling outside of Canada, and there's no option or distinction for those who are travelling only before receiving the actual card.

And yes, I will let you know when I receive my card, although you hopefully and probably will receive yours before me!
Great to know, thank you!!