+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****OCTOBER 2019 Inland Spousal Sponsorship****

Stormie

Star Member
Aug 8, 2019
Sup guys, just wanted to shoot a quick update, OUR APP HAS BEEN APPROVED!!

Now that we received COPR, what are the next steps? I got an email from CIC Etobicoke to confirm if we both live in Canada and ask us to send passport/utility bills and please reply to the email but i never got a reply back on what to do... Also, how do we go ahead and apply for Health card and SIN card for my wife? Are we expected to receive anything in the mail soon for COPR? I assume since it's US passport, she will have to send it in still but will receive it back valid as per dual citizenship availability for both countries. Thanks in advance for your help.
i don’t think (based off recent trends) they’ll send any paper CoPR (what you got in your email/GC key will be all). I used my CoPR to apply for my SIN (hopefully someone else can confirm about the health card info) :)

PrincessButtercup

Oct 1, 2019
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
24-12-2019
Med's Request
07-28-2020
Med's Done....
08-05-2020
Interview........
N/A (COVID)
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
09-28-2020
[/QUOTE]
Now that we received COPR, what are the next steps? I got an email from CIC Etobicoke to confirm if we both live in Canada and ask us to send passport/utility bills and please reply to the email but i never got a reply back on what to do... Also, how do we go ahead and apply for Health card and SIN card for my wife? Are we expected to receive anything in the mail soon for COPR? I assume since it's US passport, she will have to send it in still but will receive it back valid as per dual citizenship availability for both countries. Thanks in advance for your help.
[/QUOTE]

i don’t think (based off recent trends) they’ll send any paper CoPR (what you got in your email/GC key will be all). I used my CoPR to apply for my SIN (hopefully someone else can confirm about the health card info) :)
  • Next steps: reply back to the CIC Etobicoke email with the requested information and attachments, if you haven't already.

• And I don't think that Inland applicants have to send passports in; I think that is just a request for Outland applicants, as I haven't seen any other the Inland applicants mention passport requests. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

Reactions: Stormie

CynthiaL

Sep 14, 2020
Hey Guys! I wanted to give you a quick update to our process.....WE HAVE BEEN APPROVED!!!! My timeline is as such:

Application sent: October 4th, 2019
AOR: October 18th, 2019
Medicals Requested: February 28th, 2020
Medicals Received: March 6th, 2020
Medicals Passed: No idea when since they never told us
Background check started: July 7th, 2020
SA: September 17th, 2020
AIP: September 17th, 2020
Decision Made: September 19th, 2020

I was just wondering, my partner is here with me in Canada but his daughter who I also sponsored is in Brazil. How long until she can come here to be with us?
Hi, Could you let me know where to find this timeline? I checked my account and it does not show these details.
I am Oct 2 applicant.

sbkind

Mar 26, 2020
Hello everyone,

can i ask how much we had to pay for the application? I have paid 1125.
I have paid 1,040$. I assume you paid the biometrics fee of 85$. As an inland applicant who applied before the December deadline, you should be exempt from the biometrics requirement and receive a refund.

Reactions: R.gmr

roney_usask

Jun 26, 2020
Got this email today.
I am pleased to inform you that your application for Permanent Residency is ready to be finalized. Before we can proceed, we must verify certain information from your application. Please respond to this email as soon as possible to avoid any delays in processing.
1. State the location of all applicants to confirm whether they are currently in Canada or outside of Canada.
2. Confirm your mailing and residential addresses.
3. Check the spelling of the name of each applicant to verify there are no errors.
4. Please confirm that there are no dependants (spouses or children) who have not been listed on this application, belonging to any of the applicants on file.
Please guide me to these questions:
*Should I reply to the same email? or I should send documents using webform?
*How to confirm mailing address if it's still same? should I send a proof of residence or just to confirm them that I am still in the same address?
Thanks

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Got this email today.

Please guide me to these questions:
*Should I reply to the same email? or I should send documents using webform?
*How to confirm mailing address if it's still same? should I send a proof of residence or just to confirm them that I am still in the same address?
Thanks
Reply to this email.it’s clearly mentioned in email. Don’t delay. It’s normal nowadays. After you reply to this email you will get COPR soon.

RNRNRN

Sep 21, 2020
Hi guys, I would like to share my timeline as my husband received his coPR today!! Fyi we only used ecas online to track the progress.

-Application sent: October 30th, 2019
-AOR: December 24th, 2019
-Medical provided upfront, and passed (I assume this since IRCC never told us)
-Background check: also not sure
-OWP: February 7th, 2020 but received an actual OWP copy on May 14th, 2020
-SA: September 20th, 2020
-AIP: September 20th, 2020
-DM: September 20th, 2020
-coPR: September 21st, 2020 (no interview)

From Edmonton, AB.

We also had some anxiety attacks and break-downs during the process but I guess it was all worth waiting. I really do wish everyone the absolute best! Hang in there!! I will pray for you guys!

Last edited:

PrincessButtercup

Oct 1, 2019
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
24-12-2019
Med's Request
07-28-2020
Med's Done....
08-05-2020
Interview........
N/A (COVID)
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
09-28-2020
Hi, Could you let me know where to find this timeline? I checked my account and it does not show these details.
I am Oct 2 applicant.
Dates and milestones (except for Medical Passed) are not listed anywhere in this particular format, per se. It is information you can find in your GC Key and from your own personal records of when you've submitted things and received feedback or requests from IRCC.

Also see the Google Docs spreadsheet (see page 1 of this thread for link); of course you may have other important dates, but these are the key Inland application steps we've all had to go through.