+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****OCTOBER 2019 Inland Spousal Sponsorship****

Zalerinae0517

Sep 15, 2020
Congratulations...What's your time line?
My AOR was October 24th 2019
Recieved the request for medical the middle of March, had my medical in April, Medical was approved in May.
I don't know about BGC I only got my application connected to my online account in August but it was already in progress.
Got my SA Sept 6th, not sure if I ever got the AIP.
Got the call and confirmation about COPR today, Sept 17th.
Sorry for the lack of info I have spent the past 10 months basically just waiting for emails since I had issues getting my paper application hooked to my account on the website.

roney_usask

Jun 26, 2020
My AOR was October 24th 2019
Recieved the request for medical the middle of March, had my medical in April, Medical was approved in May.
I don't know about BGC I only got my application connected to my online account in August but it was already in progress.
Got my SA Sept 6th, not sure if I ever got the AIP.
Got the call and confirmation about COPR today, Sept 17th.
Sorry for the lack of info I have spent the past 10 months basically just waiting for emails since I had issues getting my paper application hooked to my account on the website.
That's hell of a journey...Good things is now it's over...Congratulations again...

PrincessButtercup

Oct 1, 2019
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
24-12-2019
Med's Request
07-28-2020
Med's Done....
08-05-2020
Interview........
N/A (COVID)
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
09-28-2020
I just received the dreaded but anticipated "We need Proof of Relationship" letter today. Off I go to get those pieces collected, scanned and sent in!

Question for those that have submitted the same: How do you get everything into 1 uploadable file?
On a related note, my husband (sponsor) received SA today! :D

Weihua

Jan 13, 2020
Thanks for starting a new thread! Sent my application in today so the waiting begins! Just thought I'd post how I compiled my package if anyone needs to refer to it.. I've learned alot from the tips from alot of members here so thank you all for that! I basically just used the checklist as a Table of Contents, which was really helpful. I used 3 large transparent folders:

Folder 1: Part A forms including checklists, barcodes + OWP Application
Folder 2: Part B items including supporting docs for sponsor + applicant
Folder 3: Part B more support docs, basically proof of relationship etc. Also had a little folder inside with our pictures

I used a lot of paper clips to hold documents together and also used coloured tabs to label each section. Hopefully it will make it easier for the visa officer to look through.

Good luck to all!
Hi there, I sent my application on August 12 with Canada post and it showed that my application got delivered around end of August. I’m just wondering do you know how long it’ll take to receive the AOR from Cic? I’m just worried they didn’t receive my application as planned.

thank you!

PrincessButtercup

Oct 1, 2019
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
24-12-2019
Med's Request
07-28-2020
Med's Done....
08-05-2020
Interview........
N/A (COVID)
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
09-28-2020
Hi there, I sent my application on August 12 with Canada post and it showed that my application got delivered around end of August. I’m just wondering do you know how long it’ll take to receive the AOR from Cic? I’m just worried they didn’t receive my application as planned.

thank you!
I think AOR is taking 5+ months. March applicants were just receiving AOR in August, from what I saw around here. They were probably the first month of brand new applications to really get sidetracked by COVID delays. COVID took what was already a 2 month process (AOR) and added an additional 3 months.

You might want to follow along with the message board for AUGUST 2020 applicants. You'll be able to share experiences and updates with people whose application process and timing is close to yours.

Reactions: nf_sedaghat

PrincessButtercup

Oct 1, 2019
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
24-12-2019
Med's Request
07-28-2020
Med's Done....
08-05-2020
Interview........
N/A (COVID)
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
09-28-2020
Omg congrats!!! you should be able to see your Eligibility passed on your CIC account today! ECAS should update tomorrow to decision made, I am very happy for you
I think they need to review my proof of relationship and cohabitation documents first though, right? I JUST transmitted those over. 22 MB file that I had to compress to <4 MB. Yikes! LOL. Anyway, I am hoping I get approval on them next week.

Reactions: Golden_islandgal

Deb214

Star Member
Aug 25, 2020
I think they need to review my proof of relationship and cohabitation documents first though, right? I JUST transmitted those over. 22 MB file that I had to compress to <4 MB. Yikes! LOL. Anyway, I am hoping I get approval on them next week.
Yes they need to review the documents you sent over and issue AIP and DM if they are satisfied with the proofs.. Submitted mine last week and still waiting for a response.

sbkind

Mar 26, 2020
Congratulations to all of you receiving SA and AIP.

I still haven’t heard back (Oct 23). What annoys me is that eligibility is not even in progress. Does that mean that my app is just on some pile and nobody has even looked at it?