+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****OCTOBER 2019 Inland Spousal Sponsorship****

Conaider

Star Member
Mar 22, 2018
Hey guys,

October 22 applicants here.. We got our AIP and SA yesterday!

I don't expect we get DM soon, as we are waiting on the Police Certificate from Mexico and the documents to start processing it haven't even arrived yet to their destination (between COVID, the slow post service in Mexico and the package getting stuck in customs for almost a month).

In any case, there is light at the end of the tunnel and they are really working on October applications! Hang in there people, your time is coming :)

Stormie

Star Member
Aug 8, 2019
Hey guys,

I don't expect we get DM soon, as we are waiting on the Police Certificate from Mexico and the documents to start processing it haven't even arrived yet to their destination (between COVID, the slow post service in Mexico and the package getting stuck in customs for almost a month).

In any case, there is light at the end of the tunnel and they are really working on October applications! Hang in there people, your time is coming :)

This is pretty encouraging. Thanks for sharing and congratulations! :)
When did your background check begin please?

mosiahfine

Oct 10, 2019
Hey guys,

thats some good news so far its good to see on a Tuesday morning applicants are receiving SA and AIP

Reactions: Conaider

Conaider

Star Member
Mar 22, 2018
This is pretty encouraging. Thanks for sharing and congratulations! :)
When did your background check begin please?
BGC per se hasn't shown up in ECAS and we don't know about gckey as we are using a representative.

Ecas only says that they sent correspondence to the Principal applicant and to provide the documents requested (which is the request for Police Cert). We got this request for the police cert on July 22, so I assume that's when they started looking at the background stuff.

Reactions: Golden_islandgal

Stormie

Star Member
Aug 8, 2019
BGC per se hasn't shown up in ECAS and we don't know about gckey as we are using a representative.

Ecas only says that they sent correspondence to the Principal applicant and to provide the documents requested (which is the request for Police Cert). We got this request for the police cert on July 22, so I assume that's when they started looking at the background stuff.
Oh nice. Congratulations again.:)

PrincessButtercup

Oct 1, 2019
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
24-12-2019
Med's Request
07-28-2020
Med's Done....
08-05-2020
Interview........
N/A (COVID)
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
09-28-2020
So, I just got off the phone with IRCC, and I am so disappointed. Apparently they have only just started our background check a month prior, which means we have a long way to go likely.

I have been so excited getting all of these updates from you guys, but it looks like my partner and I may have to wait until the end of the year. I think I will just stop checking for a while.
I feel you. My background check was just started in August as well. Many of the October 2019 applicants receiving AIM, SA, etc. had their background checks started pre-COVID, so even given the 3-month shutdown, this definitely gave them a leg up over those that started once IRCC was back in the office. Keep the faith and check back often--you never know!

Reactions: mosiahfine

Conaider

Star Member
Mar 22, 2018
I feel you. My background check was just started in August as well. Many of the October 2019 applicants receiving AIM, SA, etc. had their background checks started pre-COVID, so even given the 3-month shutdown, this definitely gave them a leg up over those that started once IRCC was back in the office. Keep the faith and check back often--you never know!
Don't get discouraged, the process is not linear and it definitely doesn’t follow the same specific sequence for everybody, you could get AIP and SA before the Background check finishes. Like you said, for some people they started BGC in February but for some of us it isn’t even showing as started and we already got the AIP/SA.

You are end of October applicant, your AIP is coming within the next couple of weeks, I can feel it!

suchip2310

Aug 23, 2020
Hi guys,

We got our AIP and SA on Aug 30th and decision made on ECAS on Sept 2nd but No COPR yet and the profile still shows they are reviewing eligibility and conducting background check.

A few mins ago we received an email to confirm if I am in Canada or not. All we had to do was simply reply to the email.Just wanted to confirm if this is normal or anyone had this happen to them?

Thanks!

YAAZ

Star Member
Nov 26, 2018
Hi guys,

We got our AIP and SA on Aug 30th and decision made on ECAS on Sept 2nd but No COPR yet and the profile still shows they are reviewing eligibility and conducting background check.

A few mins ago we received an email to confirm if I am in Canada or not. All we had to do was simply reply to the email.Just wanted to confirm if this is normal or anyone had this happen to them?

Thanks!
This is normal, reply back to the email whether you are in Canada or outside

mosiahfine

Oct 10, 2019
Hi guys,

Thanks!
when was your app received

Amy23

Feb 19, 2020
Hey guys, has anyone applied for permanent SIN and gotten it in the mail already? How long did it take? Thanks in advance :)

Golden_islandgal

Star Member
Oct 19, 2019
Hey guys,

Congratulations!

Golden_islandgal

Star Member
Oct 19, 2019
Hi guys,

Thanks!
Yes reply. This has been the process since covid. I have seen persons in the facebook group post saying they received the same request and after responding they received their COPR. Congratulations