+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****OCTOBER 2019 Inland Spousal Sponsorship****

Aug 28, 2020
October 23 applicant here: I am also checking ECAS and GCKey every 5 minutes at the moment, and I just had an ”Application/Profile updated“, but no other changes.
The exact same thing just happened to me, but it's now back to just saying "submitted". I'm an Oct. 10 applicant who got SA/AIP on Aug. 30... I was hoping it would change to "Approved," but maybe it was just a system-wide glitch (or perhaps we'll both get approved soon! :) lol).

Amy23

Feb 19, 2020
Hi Amy, Congratulations! Just one question.. I got my SIN # and Healthcard using my OWP, was that different from getting SIN # and healthcard again using the COPR? Thank you in advance!
Hi Kat! With an OWP you get a temporary SIN number, it starts with a number that indicates you are not a resident and it also has the same expiration date as your OWP So you have to keep updating it as your permits get renew (ive gone through 1 study permit and 2 OWP renewals in 4 years). When you get COPR you can apply for your new SIN online, to get one that is permanent and will not change during your life in Canada . To apply online you fill in this form https://sin-nas.canada.ca/en/Sin/ and indicate its a “change of status” and then further down it lets you include your old temporary SIN. After you get your new permanent SIN you need to notify your bank(s) and employeers and I think also update your CRA account for taxing purposes. Hope that helps

PrincessButtercup

Oct 1, 2019
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
24-12-2019
Med's Request
07-28-2020
Med's Done....
08-05-2020
Interview........
N/A (COVID)
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
09-28-2020
HHola quiero saber cuánto se tarda la carta de acuse en llegar y después de ahí que sigue
En Ingles, por favor! Gracias!

• Haha
Reactions: hiwilley
Aug 28, 2020
Just got a call from an IRCC officer in the Vancouver office saying my PR app. was approved! She just asked if my Canadian address was still valid and confirmed that I've never been arrested/charged with a crime. She said that I should receive an email attaching an official COPR letter by Tuesday evening (delay due to the long weekend). CIC now officially says "approved." I'm so happy!! Timeline below.

App Received: Oct 10, 2019
AOR: Nov 28, 2019
OWP Approved: Jan 10, 2020
Medical Requested: Feb 16, 2020
Medical Exam: Feb 28, 2020
Medical Passed: Mar 5, 2020
SA and AIP: Aug 30, 2020
Approved: Sept 4, 2020

Katt

Feb 10, 2019
The only other "step" would be to wait for the actual PR card to come in the mail, which are taking 3+ months, currently. Hopefully they can expedite these, as the holidays are coming up and I'm sure many PR holders would like to travel during then.

As for health card renewal, if you are in Ontario and got OHIP under AIP, you will have to show them your COPR to get a permanent card that lasts for 7 years. Any OHIP papers or coverage issued before COPR only last 1 year, I believe.
Hi there, thank you so much for these info! I understand better now. Also, I'm in Vancouver so I got a healthcard using my OWP. :)

Reactions: PrincessButtercup

Katt

Feb 10, 2019
Your SIN # before PR is a temporary number (expires with your OWP) and starts with a 9.. Once you are PR you can get your permanent SIN# starting with a 5

For your health card it might differ by province but, for example, if you are in Ontario, only a couple of specific Service Ontario offices will give you service (for renewing the card, etc). If you have your OHIP as a PR, you can go to any Service Ontario.
Thank you for the info. I appreciate it. :)

Reactions: Conaider

kashatxx

May 8, 2014
October 10 applicant here! :)

Just received a notice of an update on my application and when I logged in I got a letter that states my eligibility has been approved and my wife's eligibility as a sponsor has also been approved (don't know if it matters or if one is approved then the other one is also approved so just saying it all)!
The status on the website hasn't changed in eligibility or background check (both still show in progress..).

Last edited:

PrincessButtercup

Oct 1, 2019
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
24-12-2019
Med's Request
07-28-2020
Med's Done....
08-05-2020
Interview........
N/A (COVID)
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
09-28-2020
October 10 applicant here! :)

Just received a notice of an update on my application and when I logged in I got a letter that states my eligibility has been approved and my wife's eligibility as a sponsor has also been approved (don't know if it matters or if one is approved then the other one is also approved so just saying it all)!
The status on the website hasn't changed in eligibility or background check (both still show in progress..).
Awesome! Dare we say IRCC is working hard right before the holiday weekend! :D

Last edited:

Katt

Feb 10, 2019
Hi Kat! With an OWP you get a temporary SIN number, it starts with a number that indicates you are not a resident and it also has the same expiration date as your OWP So you have to keep updating it as your permits get renew (ive gone through 1 study permit and 2 OWP renewals in 4 years). When you get COPR you can apply for your new SIN online, to get one that is permanent and will not change during your life in Canada . To apply online you fill in this form https://sin-nas.canada.ca/en/Sin/ and indicate its a “change of status” and then further down it lets you include your old temporary SIN. After you get your new permanent SIN you need to notify your bank(s) and employeers and I think also update your CRA account for taxing purposes. Hope that helps
Thank you so much Amy! It helps a lot. Will save the link you gave now. I appreciate your help. :)

PrincessButtercup

Oct 1, 2019
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
24-12-2019
Med's Request
07-28-2020
Med's Done....
08-05-2020
Interview........
N/A (COVID)
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
09-28-2020
Hello everyone, Does anyone know how's the landing process now?
Seems like most people (PAs) are either called or emailed by IRCC to confirm that they are currently living in Canada, and their address. Maybe another question or 2. I do not *think* in-person interviews have resumed. From there you receive DM very quickly.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

Reactions: Golden_islandgal