+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****OCTOBER 2019 Inland Spousal Sponsorship****

pxlxyp

Star Member
Oct 15, 2018
I've both waited and called and still nothing has happened from it and I submitted before you.
Hey there just wanted to tell you about my brother’s situation. He waited 1 year 8 months for his PR to be approved. He was the last one amongst us (whole family was already in Canada and he was still stuck at home). I got mine in 5 months. After submitting it he heard nothing back from CIC for a whole year. ONE YEAR! It was really frustrating and worrying and my mom went to a local Member of Parliament for help. His application finally started moving again after. So I don’t know how useful this is for you but it could be something to consider doing. Also, did you apply for GCMS notes? I know it’s really frustrating to not know what’s happening.

Orobs93

Star Member
Jan 17, 2020
Oh.. That's fine. I'm also here in Vancouver, Bc. :) I actually received my OWP letter already.
hi please did you submit open work permit document checklist and please what’s the document checklist called the one I have has open work permit applied from outside Canada

paglimi

Star Member
Nov 14, 2019
Hello!
We got medical request today (super convenient considering my baby is due any day now and it needs to be done within 30 days lol, but great news nonetheless haha).
Does anyone happen to know how much it costs?! We're going to call first thing Monday to book appointment, but haven't really been able to find a for sure answer on google.
Thanks!

Reactions: RAMAN2633

KuroNeko26

Mar 12, 2018
California
Hello!
We got medical request today (super convenient considering my baby is due any day now and it needs to be done within 30 days lol, but great news nonetheless haha).
Does anyone happen to know how much it costs?! We're going to call first thing Monday to book appointment, but haven't really been able to find a for sure answer on google.
Thanks!
I think it depends where you go/where you live since it seems to be a bit different for everyone. The place I plan to go to, It'll be about 250 for everything including Xrays and creatinine blood test.

strssincanada

Star Member
Oct 9, 2010
Hello!
Thanks!
There are ppl on this forum who talk about medical place you can go, just I cant find that post.
Also, can you tell us the date they received ur app. Thanks

paglimi

Star Member
Nov 14, 2019
There are ppl on this forum who talk about medical place you can go, just I cant find that post.
Also, can you tell us the date they received ur app. Thanks
They send a list of places you can go, they're just closed for me to call today since it's the weekend, but I can update on Monday for an idea of pricing for others!
App was received on October 10, AOR was November 28. However, we are STILL waiting on work permit. Called them multiple times this month as I saw others were receiving theirs, and it has been approved since January 4, just haven't received it in the mail as of yet, extremely frustrating. They said to call back if we haven't received by February 26.

DarYes

Feb 1, 2020
Hello!
Thanks!
We paid 250$, and l am pregnant as well, so l passed everything exclude xray, they said that will send results to immigration and after delivery baby l will complete with x-ray my file.

Last edited:

paglimi

Star Member
Nov 14, 2019
We paid 250$ all inclusive, and l am pregnant as well, so l passed everything exclude xray, they said that will send results to immigration and after delivery baby l will complete with x-ray my file.
The exam is actually for my husband, so not for me! But thanks for sharing, and good to know about price all inclusive :)

Katt

Feb 10, 2019
I just got a medical request today too. :)

App received : Oct.10, 2019
AOR received : Nov.29, 2019
OWP approved : Jan.10, 2020
OWP received by mail : Jan.31, 2020
Medical Request : Feb.16, 2020

Reactions: PrincessButtercup

PrincessButtercup

Oct 1, 2019
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
24-12-2019
Med's Request
07-28-2020
Med's Done....
08-05-2020
Interview........
N/A (COVID)
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
09-28-2020
I just got a medical request today too. :)

App received : Oct.10, 2019
AOR received : Nov.29, 2019
OWP approved : Jan.10, 2020
OWP received by mail : Jan.31, 2020
Medical Request : Feb.16, 2020
I like reading that people are receiving communications on the weekend, whether it be for OWPs or medical requests!

Also-Although Monday the 17th is Family Day, most of the Government does NOT have this day off (in case you were planning on calling IRCC or checking for any updates).

kashatxx

May 8, 2014
Got the request for medicals today!
Documents received mid October.

How long you think the PR will be approved after medicals submitted?