+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****OCTOBER 2019 Inland Spousal Sponsorship****

sai123456789

Star Member
Jan 31, 2020
Hi guys, it’s been months I still haven’t received AOR letter. I check on ecas, it still showed my application received on October 2 and started processing on November 19. Like seriously it’s been 3 months and probably more. Anyone here experienced same this situation before? I’m so worried. One of my friends i know, he received the AOR letter within 6 weeks but my application is still processing
same situation here

Crystel13

Star Member
Sep 8, 2019
Hi guys, it’s been months I still haven’t received AOR letter. I check on ecas, it still showed my application received on October 2 and started processing on November 19. Like seriously it’s been 3 months and probably more. Anyone here experienced same this situation before? I’m so worried. One of my friends i know, he received the AOR letter within 6 weeks but my application is still processing
If they have started processing it, it should mean they won't return it. They might have forgotten to send you the AOR. I would call them. I wouldn't be too worried if i was you. Did you also apply for a work permit. Our app was received on Oct 3rd. We got aor around Nov. 19th too and we received the work permit around Dec. 23rd.

Reactions: Tony95

Tony95

Jan 26, 2020
If they have started processing it, it should mean they won't return it. They might have forgotten to send you the AOR. I would call them. I wouldn't be too worried if i was you. Did you also apply for a work permit. Our app was received on Oct 3rd. We got aor around Nov. 19th too and we received the work permit around Dec. 23rd.
I didn’t apply owp. My postgrad workpermit will be expired on October 11,2020. Reason is i thought the whole process of getting PR through sponsorship spousal only takes in 12 months. I’m asking my immigration consultant to apply for extending work-permit but he said he need to”find” the AOR letter or application number, I’m so pissed. I’m trying to call CIC but the waiting time is holy long. I may try to call them again next week

KuroNeko26

Mar 12, 2018
California
Hi all,

I am going to quote @spyfy from a Citizenship application thread (so things like ATIP request might not be applicable). And yes, I know immigration is always frustrating and for somebody who is within the timelines (for this one process) is all easy to say "be patient". Still, every single person in this forum is, so far, within the timelines. OWP processing period is up to 5 months, and PR is 12. Also, at the end of the day, stressing out is not going to move anything faster or help in anyway.

"Seriously, everyone needs to chill. Please be aware of selective perception:
You only see the cases that move faster than normal, you only read and worry about why they are so fast. Meanwhile your brain ignores the majority of cases that are still in process. That's like only seeing that one person making more money than you but not seeing the many many people who make less money than you.

Look at the spreadsheets and you will see most people are still in process. There is no ATIP request, no call, no worrying about some random detail in your application that will make your application go faster.

Situation:
Think of being at city hall, 100 people waiting to be called. They told you "you have to wait for an hour normally". But 30 minutes in, about 20 people's names were already called.

Some forum members here:
OMG I wonder what is wrong with me? Is it because I didn't say "hello" when I walked in? Am I sitting in the wrong corner of the waiting room? Let me run to the counter and ask what's up.

What you should think instead:
Well, they told me it will take one hour, and so far only 20/100 people have been called, so probably everything is normal. Good for those who got called early, but that always happens, nothing unusual here.

I don't want to get too meta, but comparing yourself to others too much can drive you insane, don't overdo it. There is always someone whose citizenship application got processed faster, there is always someone who got a better deal on that flight, there is always someone who got that last ticket for the Lady Gaga concert.

Is it worth freaking out about it? No."
It's easy for people to say that when they've already been through what you're trying to go through. Two more owp approvals today AFTER me and still no news for me.

Deany

Dec 16, 2019
OWP approval February 7, 2020... AoR received December 12, 2019. Legit Fam...just wait it out and don't get too flustered....if you need to call and clear up any issues you might have then do so...but don't overthink and over stress... Some say trust the process... I say trust God...

KuroNeko26

Mar 12, 2018
California
OWP approval February 7, 2020... AoR received December 12, 2019. Legit Fam...just wait it out and don't get too flustered....if you need to call and clear up any issues you might have then do so...but don't overthink and over stress... Some say trust the process... I say trust God...
I've both waited and called and still nothing has happened from it and I submitted before you.

Juana0594

Feb 9, 2020
How long does the owp stays on “ we are reviewing you eligibility” . I got a ghost update on friday on gckey my owp application changed from in process to reviewing but today is sunday and I have nothing whatsoever till now. Is this common ?
application received on Oct 29th . Aor dec 21st.

KuroNeko26

Mar 12, 2018
California
Looks like no owp for me. October is pretty much done regarding them so yay me for being unemployed for several more months while everyone else gets to work! I called twice already and they told me the same generic thing both times.

A@N

Jan 14, 2020
Looks like no owp for me. October is pretty much done regarding them so yay me for being unemployed for several more months while everyone else gets to work! I called twice already and they told me the same generic thing both times.
I’m also an October applicant still waiting for my OWP. There are quite a few people also waiting on the spreadsheet if you look. Plus I’m sure there are lots more (like me) who haven’t filled the spreadsheet out yet that are waiting. You are not alone. They haven’t finished October yet. It’s stressful and frustrating, but there’s not much we can do about it unfortunately.

sai123456789

Star Member
Jan 31, 2020
I’m also an October applicant still waiting for my OWP. There are quite a few people also waiting on the spreadsheet if you look. Plus I’m sure there are lots more (like me) who haven’t filled the spreadsheet out yet that are waiting. You are not alone. They haven’t finished October yet. It’s stressful and frustrating, but there’s not much we can do about it unfortunately.
I am also an oct applicant, still waiting for SOWP

Reactions: PrincessButtercup