+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****OCTOBER 2019 Inland Spousal Sponsorship****

ParagK0711

Jan 30, 2020
Is 23 October 2019 the day the paperwork was mailed off by your representative? If so, your timeline is similar to mine.

Since it has been 90+days and you haven't received an AOR email, I'd reach out to your representative. The Government is slow, but most of us in a similar timeframe heard something back within 60 days, EVEN if it is your application being returned for missing paperwork, signatures, underpayment, etc. There should definitely be a status of some sort they can provide for you after 90 days.

Good luck!
On Jan 2nd they asked for some more information which we provided and since then only a mail saying they have received the necessary documents. But not sure of the timeline for OWP.

PrincessButtercup

Oct 1, 2019
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
24-12-2019
Med's Request
07-28-2020
Med's Done....
08-05-2020
Interview........
N/A (COVID)
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
09-28-2020
Hi all,

I'm currently on a PGWP that expires in late November of 2020.
I applied for sponsorship through my wife who's a Canadian citizen.
I didn't apply for OWP.

If 12 months is the processing time for sponsorship, should I:

1. apply for an extension to my work permit? or apply for a new OWP? how does that actually work in this situation?
2. wait out until October 2020 to get my PR and not bother?

Thanks to all who will reply!
I do not think you can apply for an OWP at this point. It should have been be submitted with/at the same time as your PR application.

Your options seem to be to apply for an extension to your current work permit, or wait until you have PR (option #2).

Hope this helps!

Reactions: kashatxx

PrincessButtercup

Oct 1, 2019
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
24-12-2019
Med's Request
07-28-2020
Med's Done....
08-05-2020
Interview........
N/A (COVID)
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
09-28-2020
Spreadsheet question:

Where do I find the information for column G ("PA's ECAS says In Process") in my GC Key? Seems like most are just filling that field in with their AOR date. My GC Key does have my status as Submitted, but then it also says "Your application is in process" when I click on the linked app. Is this considered "In Process" for the spreadsheet's purposes?

Thanks!

PrincessButtercup

Oct 1, 2019
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
24-12-2019
Med's Request
07-28-2020
Med's Done....
08-05-2020
Interview........
N/A (COVID)
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
09-28-2020
Does anyone in here know for sure if we (October 2019 Inland PR applicants) will have to give biometrics? Our applications were received by IRCC before the biometrics law change in December 2019, but our AORs were received after. Just wondering if anyone has been advised by an IRCC official or legal representative on this matter.

RAMAN2633

Oct 6, 2016
On Jan 2nd they asked for some more information which we provided and since then only a mail saying they have received the necessary documents. But not sure of the timeline for OWP.
Hi we have the same time line, my application was received on 23rd October. According to my representative the only update we are going to get is when CIC need something or when we got approval. But still we can log in to ECAS , it doesn't has lot of information but still its better than nothing.
Good luck

Conaider

Star Member
Mar 22, 2018
Hi all,

I didn't apply for OWP.

1. apply for an extension to my work permit? or apply for a new OWP? how does that actually work in this situation?

I am not an expert, so please confirm what I am writing below. Here are my 2 cents:

You can still apply for the OWP even if you didn't send it together with the initial application. I believe the only thing is that you have to apply in paper if your application hasn't been approved in principle (the online option is only after you get AIP: https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1163&top=17)

It is very likely that you will receive the PR before your PGWP expires so I would wait it out for now ; still, I wouldn't risk being out of status by the end of the process (I assume you applied in October). If it starts getting close and, you think you might not get the PR before the PGWP expires, apply for the OWP. Even if you don't receive it, I believe you would have implied status and be fine.. By september/october you should have a pretty good idea if that will be necessary or not.

Reactions: kashatxx

lbft

Star Member
Jan 14, 2019
Spreadsheet question:

Where do I find the information for column G ("PA's ECAS says In Process") in my GC Key? Seems like most are just filling that field in with their AOR date. My GC Key does have my status as Submitted, but then it also says "Your application is in process" when I click on the linked app. Is this considered "In Process" for the spreadsheet's purposes?

Thanks!
You Log in here https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do?lang=en.
Sponsor and PA (both) are able to log in (with their own surnames and birthdays)

Reactions: PrincessButtercup

PrincessButtercup

Oct 1, 2019
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
24-12-2019
Med's Request
07-28-2020
Med's Done....
08-05-2020
Interview........
N/A (COVID)
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
09-28-2020

Musti82

Star Member
Oct 9, 2017
I do not think you can apply for an OWP at this point. It should have been be submitted with/at the same time as your PR application.

Your options seem to be to apply for an extension to your current work permit, or wait until you have PR (option #2).

Hope this helps!
actually you can still apply for OWP, after your application was even submitted. here it is: https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1163&top=17

quote: "
If the permanent residence application has not been approved in principle:

The time it takes to get your approval in principle depends on your case. Processing times vary."

Musti82

Star Member
Oct 9, 2017
Hi all,

I didn't apply for OWP.

hey my wife is in a similar situation. she has PGWP till end of september and my application was received december 6th. i ended up not applying for OWP.

the rule says, if you already submitted your appllication , you can still apply but you have to mail it, looks like it takes a while, but you will be in implied status. your timeline is little better than mine. i am guessing this month you guys should receive your medicals. i think just like others said, wait till more closer to the late summer and early autum and if it looks like you are not getting the PR by then, apply for OWP. most likely before even it gets resolved u ll get your PR , most likely ur PR will come by then,

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1163&top=17

Tony95

Jan 26, 2020
Hi guys, it’s been months I still haven’t received AOR letter. I check on ecas, it still showed my application received on October 2 and started processing on November 19. Like seriously it’s been 3 months and probably more. Anyone here experienced same this situation before? I’m so worried. One of my friends i know, he received the AOR letter within 6 weeks but my application is still processing