+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****OCTOBER 2019 Inland Spousal Sponsorship****

paglimi

Star Member
Nov 14, 2019
Once we receive OWP, does my husband have to apply for a SIN # separately or is it included? And if he does, how do we apply for SIN? Anyone know how long that takes?

Katt

Feb 10, 2019
Finally just got through. She wasn't sure why it hadn't been able to link online, however she was able to check on the status and it was approved on January 10, she said we'd receive a paper copy in the mail. January 10 is the exact same time people around my date on the spreadsheet had, so hopefully yours is similar and if you can't link it it will just be something you get in mail! I'll feel much better once we actually have it, so fingers crossed.. good luck!
Congratulations! :)

Katt

Feb 10, 2019
Once we receive OWP, does my husband have to apply for a SIN # separately or is it included? And if he does, how do we apply for SIN? Anyone know how long that takes?
We have to go to Canada services nearby our place and apply by ourselves. They said if your documents are complete then you can get your SIN # the same day you applied. Try to search online and see what documents applies to your husband.

paglimi

Star Member
Nov 14, 2019
We have to go to Canada services nearby our place and apply by ourselves. They said if your documents are complete then you can get your SIN # the same day you applied. Try to search online and see what documents applies to your husband.
OK good to know! I tried searching online but it's so hard to get straight answers like anything lol. But I'll keep trying, great to know that they process that quickly!

Katt

Feb 10, 2019
OK good to know! I tried searching online but it's so hard to get straight answers like anything lol. But I'll keep trying, great to know that they process that quickly!
Here's the link for applying SIN # that I found :)

https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/services/sin/apply.html

I've also seen this from other website.

"SIN you get on the spot within 10 minutes on any working day. Take your passport and landing papers to service canada office. The card is dispatched through Canada Post and you will receive in 7-10 days. Just after the number ( no card) you can apply for jobs. So if you land on monday morning, you will have SIN before afternoon."

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
For those who linked their owp, do you receive a notification email ?

Edit. Ok so I saw in the thread that it’s an email. Did most of you receive it in the morning, like before noon?

paglimi

Star Member
Nov 14, 2019
Here's the link for applying SIN # that I found :)

https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/services/sin/apply.html

I've also seen this from other website.

"SIN you get on the spot within 10 minutes on any working day. Take your passport and landing papers to service canada office. The card is dispatched through Canada Post and you will receive in 7-10 days. Just after the number ( no card) you can apply for jobs. So if you land on monday morning, you will have SIN before afternoon."
Thanks!!

Katt

Feb 10, 2019
So I already sent them a cancellation request for my visitor's visa extension last week after I got my OWP approved and I got a confirmation via email that they received my request already yesterday but today I got an email that my visa extension was already approved valid until April 14, 2020. I just lost $100 hahaha

KuroNeko26

Mar 12, 2018
California
So I already sent them a cancellation request for my visitor's visa extension last week after I got my OWP approved and I got a confirmation via email that they received my request already yesterday but today I got an email that my visa extension was already approved valid until April 14, 2020. I just lost $100 hahaha
i'm guessing the OWP overlaps the extension even if it got approved?

Katt

Feb 10, 2019
Guys,

Is the OWP gives me a legal status to stay here already? Or like.. that OWP also means a working visa already?

Katt

Feb 10, 2019
An OWP means you can live/work in Canada legally until that work permit expires.
Oh thank you so much. I was just curious cuz I also used to work in the other country where work permit and working visa are two different things to get so I cannot legally live/work if I only have one of em. Anyway, thank you again :)

Netz

Star Member
Sep 30, 2015
Oh thank you so much. I was just curious cuz I also used to work in the other country where work permit and working visa are two different things to get so I cannot legally live/work if I only have one of em. Anyway, thank you again :)
You would need a visa only if you plan to exit and return to Canada.