+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****OCTOBER 2019 Inland Spousal Sponsorship****

Taylor_J

Dec 13, 2019
Saw a couple more people update they received OWP approval in the spreadsheet, offices must finally be up and running! Makes me very very excited!

pxlxyp

Star Member
Oct 15, 2018
My husband got his OWP approved yesterday!!

Congrats to everyone so far!!

Last edited:

KuroNeko26

Mar 12, 2018
California
Did you call CIC to check what's the issue?
I had sent an email a little over a week ago asking about my OWP and this was the response. I hope it means they at least /have/ it.

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information that you have provided and can confirm that at this time, it is not possible to link your application to your new account since your application is still waiting to be processed. Please visit our website in order to determine when we will begin to process your application.

For information purposes, you may at some point receive an email notifying you that Your application (X000000000) has been updated. You should be able to link your application at that time.

KuroNeko26

Mar 12, 2018
California
How long should I wait to call IRCC about my OWP? No activity regarding it whatsoever and STILL not able to link at all even after trying multiple combinations.

simoneleah

Star Member
Sep 3, 2019
How long should I wait to call IRCC about my OWP? No activity regarding it whatsoever and STILL not able to link at all even after trying multiple combinations.
Unfortunately their timeline says "It will take us 4-5 months to process the open work permit application." I would wait until you hit the 4 month mark from the time you applied (So February 15th ish?) before calling, as they will almost certainly tell you it's within processing times.

If you haven't been able to link it though, it may be worth inquiring about whether or not an OWP even made it into the system. I've seen a couple of times IRCC saying there was never one entered, ie, it was misplaced and never sent to the proper processing office.

If you call, you might be able to get an application number for the OWP, which would usually make linking it easier?

It looks like from a previous post they confirmed your application (they would have said if it did not exist, imho) but it hasn't been "opened."

Sorry that you're having to wait a bit longer! Hopefully it's a quick process once it gets in the system.

Reactions: KuroNeko26

KuroNeko26

Mar 12, 2018
California
Unfortunately their timeline says "It will take us 4-5 months to process the open work permit application." I would wait until you hit the 4 month mark from the time you applied (So February 15th ish?) before calling, as they will almost certainly tell you it's within processing times.

If you haven't been able to link it though, it may be worth inquiring about whether or not an OWP even made it into the system. I've seen a couple of times IRCC saying there was never one entered, ie, it was misplaced and never sent to the proper processing office.

If you call, you might be able to get an application number for the OWP, which would usually make linking it easier?

It looks like from a previous post they confirmed your application (they would have said if it did not exist, imho) but it hasn't been "opened."

Sorry that you're having to wait a bit longer! Hopefully it's a quick process once it gets in the system.
Yes, I'm hoping thats the case too. I just hope that they /have/ it and haven't opened it just yet like you said because in that case it means I just gotta wait a little bit longer. It just makes me second guess myself if I even put the application in the envelope and dumb stuff like that when you don't see any activity happening haha

Reactions: simoneleah

Deany

Dec 16, 2019
I don't understand how to about linking OWP separate from the general PR application. Could someone please explain?... The only information I have is the AoR that the sponsor received and the details therein. I used the information there to link the application successfully. But it sounds to me like there is another linking process that I can do.... please help

PrincessButtercup

Oct 1, 2019
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
24-12-2019
Med's Request
07-28-2020
Med's Done....
08-05-2020
Interview........
N/A (COVID)
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
09-28-2020
Hi thanks much. Yeah i have return ticket booked as well. its just that its 3 months after landing. But just for my own knowledge can you please provide those site names if possible?
What I did (I read this tip in another Forum, and realize this might not be possible for everyone) is I booked a one-way FULLY REFUNDABLE plane ticket for a return flight back to my home country 6 months to the day after arrival. Yes, it was expensive, and I was never even asked for any kind of explanation when I crossed into Canada, but it was nice to have, just in case. The trick is to cancel the ticket before it shows up on your credit card statement. I did this and received 100% of my purchase price back. Should I need to return back in 6 months, I'll just buy a regular ticket; it will without a doubt be cheaper than that fully refundable ticket that I cancelled.

PrincessButtercup

Oct 1, 2019
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
24-12-2019
Med's Request
07-28-2020
Med's Done....
08-05-2020
Interview........
N/A (COVID)
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
09-28-2020
Hi all,

Newbie to the thread but I've been watching various message boards for a few months. Is there a way to add myself onto the October Inland PR application spreadsheet (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Gm315tmNKWoywb7PwZBiE67fUmznYQrNhYVWXPXXJBw/htmlview#)? If not, is there a "keeper" of the spreadsheet I can give my information to for entry?

As you can see in my signature, my application was received October 30, and AOR 1 received December 24th (an early Christmas gift!). Will keep everyone updated on my progress. Happy New Year!
Hi group,

just wondering if anyone knew how to add my information on to the Google Docs spreadsheet? Do I add myself on, or is there a keeper of the spreadsheet that I send my information to? Thank you!

strssincanada

Star Member
Oct 9, 2010
Hi group,

just wondering if anyone knew how to add my information on to the Google Docs spreadsheet? Do I add myself on, or is there a keeper of the spreadsheet that I send my information to? Thank you!
Hey buttercup. U sound tasty ;) .

Ok to answer your question, yes u add yourself on Excel sheet.

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
Why would you want to call them? There is no activity for owp except approved. So idk why you cannot link but my application was received a day before you and still haven’t received anything. You would have to call in February. Wait until those who sent their application around same time as you receive their owp in mail. If you still don’t get anything, then call. Otherwise, you can still call and ask if they can find it with your uci if you added in the 5710 form.