+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****OCTOBER 2019 Inland Spousal Sponsorship****

pxlxyp

Star Member
Oct 15, 2018
Oh, so his 6 months will be over on Jan 1st.

It doesn't matter if he is going 1 day or 16 days out of Canada, he will stiil be coming back as visitor for however long immigrantion officer let him and if they dont stamp that means its for 6 months.

Now, what I was saying, at airport immi officer is only going to look at him as when he is going back out of Canada, immi officer doesn't care if he applied for PR or not. If ypu do tell them about his PR application, immi officer will says "umm this guy is not going to leave Canada, so officer might say we can not let you in Canada at this time", now this would be worst case scenario.

So, do not mention about his PR application unless immi officer ask. Be honest but don't give more than what they ask.

2nd option, if he holds UK passport or some other passport that reads thru kiosk then sometimes he doesn't even need to see immi officer. And he can walk out.

3rd option, As you dnt have much time to apply for visitor record (howeve you can call ircc and ask if you can apply)- do not give them your name and application # etc, just ask as general question, i think you have no choice but to leave and try to come back.

Now, plz i am not expert so ask around and plz let us know how and what happens. Thanks

I also agree with this. My husband is from a visa exempt country. We went to the US for a few days before receiving his AOR. When we entered Canada again we didn't mention anything about our PR application but he had a return ticket back to Singapore so they didn't ask us any further questions after. I feel like if you tell them more than they need to know (applying for PR) it might get complicated.. hence we didn't say anything, and they didn't ask as well. If they did ask then we'll be honest but they just asked when he will be leaving Canada and for his return ticket.

Chirag.bhatia

Oct 31, 2016
Hello,

I am bringing my wife to Canada on Visitor Visa (Which she already have) and then applying for Inland Sponsorship. My question is does she need to have return ticket back to India, since she is on Visitor visa? The officer at the airport when we land will ask for return ticket?

Pleas help me the answer.

Hi,
I'm in similar situation like you. Were she able to pass through immigration ? Did officers ask any documents for proof ?

PrincessButtercup

Oct 1, 2019
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
24-12-2019
Med's Request
07-28-2020
Med's Done....
08-05-2020
Interview........
N/A (COVID)
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
09-28-2020
Still not able to link OWP at all. Really worried now.
I am in same boat, although I received AOR 1 a little later than you. I just linked my PR today, but there was no sign of my OWP application to link. I realize they're considered 2 separate applications, but is this normal?

PrincessButtercup

Oct 1, 2019
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
24-12-2019
Med's Request
07-28-2020
Med's Done....
08-05-2020
Interview........
N/A (COVID)
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
09-28-2020
Hi all,

Newbie to the thread but I've been watching various message boards for a few months. Is there a way to add myself onto the October Inland PR application spreadsheet (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Gm315tmNKWoywb7PwZBiE67fUmznYQrNhYVWXPXXJBw/htmlview#)? If not, is there a "keeper" of the spreadsheet I can give my information to for entry?

As you can see in my signature, my application was received October 30, and AOR 1 received December 24th (an early Christmas gift!). Will keep everyone updated on my progress. Happy New Year!

pxlxyp

Star Member
Oct 15, 2018
Hi,
I'm in similar situation like you. Were she able to pass through immigration ? Did officers ask any documents for proof ?
Hmm I personally suggest getting a return ticket because even if she has a visitor visa, doesn't mean she can stay there indefinitely.. and even if you tell them you're planning to apply for inland sponsorship they won't care about that they just want to make sure nobody is going to overstay their visit I think

pxlxyp

Star Member
Oct 15, 2018
Anyone started receiving OWP approval yet? So annoying we got stuck with the Christmas holidays :(

PrincessButtercup

Oct 1, 2019
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
24-12-2019
Med's Request
07-28-2020
Med's Done....
08-05-2020
Interview........
N/A (COVID)
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
09-28-2020
Anyone started receiving OWP approval yet? So annoying we got stuck with the Christmas holidays :(
The Christmas holidays AND the new biometrics law (which I'm still not clear if we Inland applicants submitting before December 3rd but receiving AOR after December 3 will be required to give biometrics?). Ugh, but at least things are moving...albeit slowly...

Chirag.bhatia

Oct 31, 2016
Hmm I personally suggest getting a return ticket because even if she has a visitor visa, doesn't mean she can stay there indefinitely.. and even if you tell them you're planning to apply for inland sponsorship they won't care about that they just want to make sure nobody is going to overstay their visit I think
Thanks. Yeah that i did that already while booking tickets.

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
Hi,
My husband came on visitor visa and they barely asked him anything. If they don’t ask for something, don’t prompt them. But just in case, there are website that you can get a copy of a ticket which is valid for 48 hours. It cost maybe 10 dollars.

nav4321

Aug 25, 2016
I applied on October 29th -- received on October 30th.

Haven't even gotten my AOR yet. Applied from Mississauga ON. Is it because I am backlogged like few others because of Holidays or maybe my application was incomplete and its in process of being returned?

Someone please enlighten, I am getting worried as others are waiting for OWP and I haven't received my AOR yet.

Thanks

Chirag.bhatia

Oct 31, 2016
My husband came on visitor visa and they barely asked him anything. If they don’t ask for something, don’t prompt them. But just in case, there are website that you can get a copy of a ticket which is valid for 48 hours. It cost maybe 10 dollars.
Hi thanks much. Yeah i have return ticket booked as well. its just that its 3 months after landing. But just for my own knowledge can you please provide those site names if possible?

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
Hi thanks much. Yeah i have return ticket booked as well. its just that its 3 months after landing. But just for my own knowledge can you please provide those site names if possible?
Oh I'm sorry I don't remember. This was like two years ago when we first apply for his trv.

Rosybeaner888

Star Member
Sep 20, 2019
I applied on October 29th -- received on October 30th.

Haven't even gotten my AOR yet. Applied from Mississauga ON. Is it because I am backlogged like few others because of Holidays or maybe my application was incomplete and its in process of being returned?

Someone please enlighten, I am getting worried as others are waiting for OWP and I haven't received my AOR yet.

Thanks
U can call the ircc and ask. They knw if it's return or not.