+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****OCTOBER 2019 Inland Spousal Sponsorship****

Siyyyu_Chang

Oct 21, 2019
Hi any updatd
Nothing new, except I can link to the OWP application on Dec 16. But seems my husband's OWP application will not be process until AIP or his restoration as visitor application got approved. Hope some good news will be released after holidays.

Happy holiday to all of your guys.

vcanada21

Oct 9, 2019
Hi everyone,

Quick question, my husband and I will be traveling outside of Canada for 2 weeks.

We received AOR, he is under visitor visa (which is good for 10 years), we are leaving the exact date of the 6 months stay and will be returning in 2 weeks. When he moved here in July we did not get a stamp..

When we come back to Toronto in 2 weeks will his visitor visa date basically renew when he comes back to Canada?
Also what do we tell the immigration officer when we are at the airport (back to Canada). He is still currently on his visitor visa and I dont think his OWP will arrive in time. Can we say he has intended status? We have applied for in land spousal sponsorship. I have the UCI # and file # if they need to check. But its always so nerve racking because they always make you feel like you did something wrong even though you have nothing to hide!

If someone has experienced this or has any advice, it would be greatly appreciated!

Happy holidays everyone!

strssincanada

Star Member
Oct 9, 2010
Hi everyone,

Quick question, my husband and I will be traveling outside of Canada for 2 weeks.

We received AOR, he is under visitor visa (which is good for 10 years), we are leaving the exact date of the 6 months stay and will be returning in 2 weeks. When he moved here in July we did not get a stamp..

When we come back to Toronto in 2 weeks will his visitor visa date basically renew when he comes back to Canada?
Also what do we tell the immigration officer when we are at the airport (back to Canada). He is still currently on his visitor visa and I dont think his OWP will arrive in time. Can we say he has intended status? We have applied for in land spousal sponsorship. I have the UCI # and file # if they need to check. But its always so nerve racking because they always make you feel like you did something wrong even though you have nothing to hide!

If someone has experienced this or has any advice, it would be greatly appreciated!

Happy holidays everyone!
Yes he will get entry up to 6 months, however you are taking big risk by going out of country while his PR application is in process bec in return back immigrantion officer will only look at him as visitor eventho he will eventually become PR here. So, in return back if immigrantion officer might even tell him no entry and if he says that his PR application will not acceptable even if outcome comes out positive bec he is not in Canada.

My personal opinion is if he still has 30 days left for visitor visa to expire then, you might just apply for visitors record (extension of visitor visa). I am almost in same boat as u r.

vcanada21

Oct 9, 2019
Everything is back up for 2 weeks now..thanks to holidays. Suppose to be only 3 days stat holidays but lot of immigration officer take 2 weeks vacation, everything will reopen on Jan 4 2020. It sux for us because we r all waiting and I am sure some people who are relying on AOR and OWP before their visitor visa expires.

Before Sept AOR average was 40days then Oct 50 days and now it will be 60 days for NOV applicants, pushing OWP to 100 days avg to get approve.

Thank you. Jan. 1st is the 6 month marl for his visa even tho it wasnt formally stamped. We arent planning on going for too long, 16 days to be exact. What you are saying is when he comes back to Canada he will be on visitor status again?
Should he say he is here to visit family or say he received AOR and in process for in land sponsorship? Has anyone travelled with their PA before and what did you say to the immigrantion officer?

strssincanada

Star Member
Oct 9, 2010
Thank you. Jan. 1st is the 6 month marl for his visa even tho it wasnt formally stamped. We arent planning on going for too long, 16 days to be exact. What you are saying is when he comes back to Canada he will be on visitor status again?
Should he say he is here to visit family or say he received AOR and in process for in land sponsorship? Has anyone travelled with their PA before and what did you say to the immigrantion officer?
Oh, so his 6 months will be over on Jan 1st.

It doesn't matter if he is going 1 day or 16 days out of Canada, he will stiil be coming back as visitor for however long immigrantion officer let him and if they dont stamp that means its for 6 months.

Now, what I was saying, at airport immi officer is only going to look at him as when he is going back out of Canada, immi officer doesn't care if he applied for PR or not. If ypu do tell them about his PR application, immi officer will says "umm this guy is not going to leave Canada, so officer might say we can not let you in Canada at this time", now this would be worst case scenario.

So, do not mention about his PR application unless immi officer ask. Be honest but don't give more than what they ask.

2nd option, if he holds UK passport or some other passport that reads thru kiosk then sometimes he doesn't even need to see immi officer. And he can walk out.

3rd option, As you dnt have much time to apply for visitor record (howeve you can call ircc and ask if you can apply)- do not give them your name and application # etc, just ask as general question, i think you have no choice but to leave and try to come back.

Now, plz i am not expert so ask around and plz let us know how and what happens. Thanks

vcanada21

Oct 9, 2019
Oh, so his 6 months will be over on Jan 1st.

It doesn't matter if he is going 1 day or 16 days out of Canada, he will stiil be coming back as visitor for however long immigrantion officer let him and if they dont stamp that means its for 6 months.

Now, what I was saying, at airport immi officer is only going to look at him as when he is going back out of Canada, immi officer doesn't care if he applied for PR or not. If ypu do tell them about his PR application, immi officer will says "umm this guy is not going to leave Canada, so officer might say we can not let you in Canada at this time", now this would be worst case scenario.

So, do not mention about his PR application unless immi officer ask. Be honest but don't give more than what they ask.

2nd option, if he holds UK passport or some other passport that reads thru kiosk then sometimes he doesn't even need to see immi officer. And he can walk out.

3rd option, As you dnt have much time to apply for visitor record (howeve you can call ircc and ask if you can apply)- do not give them your name and application # etc, just ask as general question, i think you have no choice but to leave and try to come back.

Now, plz i am not expert so ask around and plz let us know how and what happens. Thanks

Thanks! But would we be lying if we dont say were under inland sponsorship? Like we have the UCI, application #, rental agreement and financial statements with PAs name on it. If its for 2-3weeks and not an extended leave, can it be justified? Also why wouldn't immigration officer let you in if they know youre staying legally and for family reunification? Just curious.
If someone has traveled please share, I would greatly appreciate it! Thank you!

strssincanada

Star Member
Oct 9, 2010
Thanks! But would we be lying if we dont say were under inland sponsorship? Like we have the UCI, application #, rental agreement and financial statements with PAs name on it. If its for 2-3weeks and not an extended leave, can it be justified? Also why wouldn't immigration officer let you in if they know youre staying legally and for family reunification? Just curious.
If someone has traveled please share, I would greatly appreciate it! Thank you!
1st you are not lying bec how can you lie when immi officer hasnt asked you about it.
2nd, when u r entering back to Canada, officer is judging you as visitor. So his job is to verify when you will leave Canada eventho you are going to be PR in future.

Put ur self in officer job, his job is to make sure person coming in Canada as a visitor or any temporary visa will return back. So, one way to prove is return ticket.

Just like when they approve for student visa officers wants to know you will go back to your country, eventho eventually they do get PR.

Now i do not know if officer can see his OWP+PR application in process at border.

Sorry, did not mean to scare you, just sharing my knowledge.

I know its unfair to us PR and Citizen holder that we have to wait so long for inland PR approval but if you apply outland, its done in 6 months. And the fact is outland applications have higher chance of bogus and fraudulent.

Last edited:

axebuddy

Oct 23, 2019
Hi everyone,

Happy holidays everyone!
DO NOT LEAVE CANADA....... Game over once your husband leaves canada. You have to wait till he gets his OPW. I repeat do not leave canada and apply for visitor record extension.

b4evergrace

Star Member
May 31, 2019
Hey guys I have a question. I noticed a lot of people had their applications returned because of missing signature. There is one page that let's you electronically sign, well I did but I'm sure I didnt hand sign it after I printed it out. All the other papers my spouse and I hand signed but that one, because I signed it electronically before the print out. Its not technically missing a signature. Should I be expecting them to return my whole package because of this? Does it count as a missing signature? Has anyone else had this problem?

strssincanada

Star Member
Oct 9, 2010
Hey guys I have a question. I noticed a lot of people had their applications returned because of missing signature. There is one page that let's you electronically sign, well I did but I'm sure I didnt hand sign it after I printed it out. All the other papers my spouse and I hand signed but that one, because I signed it electronically before the print out. Its not technically missing a signature. Should I be expecting them to return my whole package because of this? Does it count as a missing signature? Has anyone else had this problem?
Sorry, i dnt want to give u bad news but from what I have been reading, they do return your package (i pray it doesn't happen). I remember, it did mention sign next to electronic signature. But hey keep faith, who knows they will accept it.

Reactions: KuroNeko26

Deany

Dec 16, 2019
They returned mine for the same reason
.... They required a hand written signature as well.... Mine was sent back about 2 weeks after I initially sent it

rc23

Dec 31, 2019
I applied for INLAND spouse PR application along with OWP in the month of september. Application linked to our account on 18th November. But due to insufficient fee payment, OWP application was returned. We sent the application along with the fee receipts on 28th November. As my wife's visiting visa is getting expired on 14th January, we applied for the extension on 14th of December, which is 30 day prior to the expiry. How much more time would it take for our OWP to be granted? And, can my wife still stay in Canada after 14th January, if no decision is made by the immigration by that time?