+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****OCTOBER 2019 Inland Spousal Sponsorship****

Siyyyu_Chang

Oct 21, 2019
Ok, so finally we have sent our inland application. My wife Visitor visa will expire end of March 2020. We applied for OWP+PR Inland. Her visitor expires end of March 2020, so I got few questions, please answer to your best knowledge.

1> Should we apply for Visitor Records to extend her visitor visa in the mid of February?

2> Because we did apply for OWP, does that mean we do not need to apply for Visitor Record to extend her visa?

3> If we do not need to apply for Visitor Record, and if we do not here by end of March 2020, and she decides to stay over, does that mean she will be implied status?

Sorry, I couldn't find answers anywhere.

For your case
If your wife's OWP did not approved at the mid of February, you'd better apply VR to extend her vaild status to stay in CANADA. If her OWP approved at that moment then she doesn't need to extend her VR cause she already has legal status to stay in CANADA.
I think since your guys already submitted her application of PR, she does has implied status when her visitor visa expired.

strssincanada

Star Member
Oct 9, 2010
For your case
If your wife's OWP did not approved at the mid of February, you'd better apply VR to extend her vaild status to stay in CANADA. If her OWP approved at that moment then she doesn't need to extend her VR cause she already has legal status to stay in CANADA.
I think since your guys already submitted her application of PR, she does has implied status when her visitor visa expired.
Thanks for your reply, I show you have received AOR. Congratulation. I pray everything goes in our favour without any problem for people who are legit with sponsorship process.

SolaceSkyWolf

Jun 5, 2019
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Will the OWP take longer if sent with the PR or would it have processed faster if we sent it separately? I see a lot of people already have their OWP linked to their application and I check ECAS everyday and I haven't seen anything about his OWP. Everything on the website recommended sending it all together so I figured that would be the fastest but I'm reading other people sent it separately.

Golden_islandgal

Star Member
Oct 19, 2019
Trying to link my application to my account and whenever I log in it takes me back to the home page I dont see my account or based on IRCC website the option for "what would you like to do today". Anyone has any suggestions?

nkuchi

Dec 11, 2019
Hi,

We are confused with below questions from imm5532e application form?

3. Are you living together now? Yes No

4. If you are not living together, have you visited each other during your relationship? Yes No

We are engaged in June and got married in October, and we are living together after marriage.
So, Answer to 3 is Yes.
What would be the answer to question 4? He visited me in June and October.

Thanks in advance!

Conaider

Star Member
Mar 22, 2018
Hi,

We are confused with below questions from imm5532e application form?

3. Are you living together now? Yes No

4. If you are not living together, have you visited each other during your relationship? Yes No

We are engaged in June and got married in October, and we are living together after marriage.
So, Answer to 3 is Yes.
What would be the answer to question 4? He visited me in June and October.

Thanks in advance!
Hi nkuchi,

I don't know the details of your case (who was where all the time of your relationship) but I can tell you about what I did.

For my file (me and my spouse had portions of our relationship when we were in different countries, but now we live together in Canada), my representative marked "yes" in both 3 and 4, but put a handwritten note over question 4 saying "We are living together, please see explanation below" and then proceeded to fill out the areas under question 4 with the explanation that we were long distance and the details of our trips to visit each other.

Disclaimer: How that affects the application is yet to be seen, as ours has obviously not been approved yet because we are October applicants.

Hope it helps!

BB802

Star Member
Nov 19, 2019
Hi nkuchi,

I don't know the details of your case (who was where all the time of your relationship) but I can tell you about what I did.

For my file (me and my spouse had portions of our relationship when we were in different countries, but now we live together in Canada), my representative marked "yes" in both 3 and 4, but put a handwritten note over question 4 saying "We are living together, please see explanation below" and then proceeded to fill out the areas under question 4 with the explanation that we were long distance and the details of our trips to visit each other.

Disclaimer: How that affects the application is yet to be seen, as ours has obviously not been approved yet because we are October applicants.

Hope it helps!
Hi Conaider...

Did your representative receive the AOR and then inform you about it yesterday? Or did you receive AOR directly?

BB802

Star Member
Nov 19, 2019
Did anyone send their application via Canada post?

And if yes did you get a delivery conformation? My application said "out for delivery" in October but never "delivered".

When I asked Canada Post about this they said it was delivered but goes in a bulk delivery bag...

lovecanada001

Star Member
Jul 5, 2017
Did anyone send their application via Canada post?

And if yes did you get a delivery conformation? My application said "out for delivery" in October but never "delivered".

When I asked Canada Post about this they said it was delivered but goes in a bulk delivery bag...
I sent mine through Canada Post and the status still shows delivered. Your situation seems soo weird.
that doesn't matter your mail delivered in a bulky delivery bag or not, they should have to update the status right away.

Reactions: Golden_islandgal

Conaider

Star Member
Mar 22, 2018
Hi Conaider...

Did your representative receive the AOR and then inform you about it yesterday? Or did you receive AOR directly?
My representative got it and informed it right away. I think all communication goes to the representative directly if you used one.

KuroNeko26

Mar 12, 2018
California
I still haven't been able to link my OWP and I'm starting to stress out a bit since some who submitted later than me are already got theirs. I followed the directions and tried different combos and still nothing.

Taylor_J

Dec 13, 2019
Hey! Haven’t replied to this thread yet but I finally opened my email to some exciting news!

Application Mailed: Oct 12
Application Received: Oct 22
AOR: Dec 11

So excited for the next steps, reading this forum has been a huge comfort during the initial process!

adkd2019

Dec 13, 2019
I submitted my application on October 15
Application delivered with signature: October 17
AOR - ?

I’m worried about my application since I’m seeing people whose application was delivered later than mine and have revived that AOR.

Should I be worried?

Looking forward to a reply.

Thank you!