Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
yeah i tried am not able to link it online..it shows no application found/ no matching record. What is ESAC?
If you are trying to link from your GCKey account, make sure you use the same information you provide in your IMM0008 form. Also, the number of applicants must include the sponsor. So if there was only you in the application, you should select two (2). Try to link with you UCI number.

Have you used a representative?

binga777

Star Member
Jun 18, 2015
GCKey is the login details to enter in your online account, where you can link your paper applications and also see all your applications with IRCC, provided they are all under the same Unique Client Identifier (UCI).

ECAS or CAS is an online tool that doesn’t require any login details. Anyone who has details of your application can use it to check the progress. For example, your sponsor could use this instead of login in your GCKey account.

Check my previous post on how to check your application progress on ECAS.
If you are trying to link from your GCKey account, make sure you use the same information you provide in your IMM0008 form. Also, the number of applicants must include the sponsor. So if there was only you in the application, you should select two (2). Try to link with you UCI number.

No i didn't use any representative . Did by my own. Yea i tried to link online using the same details no matching records !! I am thinking to re send all the docs again hope it wont have any negative effect.

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
No i didn't use any representative . Did by my own. Yea i tried to link online using the same details no matching records !! I am thinking to re send all the docs again hope it wont have any negative effect.
You tried in Ecas with your UCI? You’re the pa right? Try also checking with IRCC if you should resend all documents?

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
I just checked my app again on ECAS now and says it's "In Process"

My Timeline :
App received : Oct.10, 2019
Aor received : Nov 29, 2019
Good! You can put today’s date in the spreadsheet in the ecas column

reviv3r

Star Member
Oct 19, 2019
Hi, I’m a May applicant, just jumping in here to help put your mind at ease. It took over 2months for IRCC to send the Sponsor the AOR in my case. And after that another 2.5 months before the Principal Applicant received any correspondence. My suggestion is to wait (yes I know it’s hard).

Sending in another application can actually be detrimental to you. Duplicate applications will slow things down even further for you. So wait. If your paperwork is complete, you will eventually receive AOR. If it isn’t, they’ll send it back to you. If the helpline/ECAS say your application can’t be found, it’s simply because your file hasn’t yet been entered into the system.

You will hear from them soon enough. Hope this helps.

KuroNeko26

Mar 12, 2018
California
Hi, I’m a May applicant, just jumping in here to help put your mind at ease. It took over 2months for IRCC to send the Sponsor the AOR in my case. And after that another 2.5 months before the Principal Applicant received any correspondence. My suggestion is to wait (yes I know it’s hard).

Sending in another application can actually be detrimental to you. Duplicate applications will slow things down even further for you. So wait. If your paperwork is complete, you will eventually receive AOR. If it isn’t, they’ll send it back to you. If the helpline/ECAS say your application can’t be found, it’s simply because your file hasn’t yet been entered into the system.

Your words helped reassure me even if it wasn't directed at me haha I've been stressing out hard waiting for the AOR so thank you!

Reactions: reviv3r

binga777

Star Member
Jun 18, 2015

Thanks much!! that gives me some hope :)

Reactions: reviv3r

KuroNeko26

Mar 12, 2018
California
Does anyone know if we will have to do biometrics in the future due to the new inland biometric update or are we still exempt since we submitted well before this update?

TriniKRN

Jun 20, 2019
Does anyone know if we will have to do biometrics in the future due to the new inland biometric update or are we still exempt since we submitted well before this update?
Short answer, as things stand now, it seems we will.

I used the https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/biometrics.asp link with the following selections:

1. Select one. - I gave biometrics in the past
2. For which type of application did you give your biometrices in the past? - a visitor visa, study or work permit application ONLY
3. Are your biometrics still valid? - Yes

Result:

Answer: It depends what you apply for and if you’re between 14 and 79 years old.
If you apply for permanent residence
You need to give biometrics.

If you’re between 14 and 79 years old, you need to give your fingerprints and photo for all permanent resident applications, even if you already gave us your biometrics and they’re still valid. This includes:

You need to make an appointment to give biometrics.

Find out more about biometrics:

If you apply for a visitor visa, study or work permit
You don’t need to give your biometrics if they’re still valid.

You can find out if your biometrics are still valid and when they expire by using the Check Status Tool.

This tool provides general guidance. Depending on your situation, you may need to give biometrics. If so, we’ll send you a letter to confirm that you need to.

---------------------------------------

Check this post also:

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/september-2019-inland-spousal-pr-owp.652600/page-31#post-8348277

KuroNeko26

Mar 12, 2018
California
Short answer, as things stand now, it seems we will.

I used the https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/biometrics.asp link with the following selections:

1. Select one. - I gave biometrics in the past
2. For which type of application did you give your biometrices in the past? - a visitor visa, study or work permit application ONLY
3. Are your biometrics still valid? - Yes

Result:

Answer: It depends what you apply for and if you’re between 14 and 79 years old.
If you apply for permanent residence

You need to give biometrics.

If you’re between 14 and 79 years old, you need to give your fingerprints and photo for all permanent resident applications, even if you already gave us your biometrics and they’re still valid. This includes:

You need to make an appointment to give biometrics.

Find out more about biometrics:

If you apply for a visitor visa, study or work permit
You don’t need to give your biometrics if they’re still valid.

You can find out if your biometrics are still valid and when they expire by using the Check Status Tool.

This tool provides general guidance. Depending on your situation, you may need to give biometrics. If so, we’ll send you a letter to confirm that you need to.

---------------------------------------

Check this post also:

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/september-2019-inland-spousal-pr-owp.652600/page-31#post-8348277
It seems it would slow the process down a bit if they made everyone prior to December 3rd get biometrics when they now have new apps coming in with this new update. I'm hoping we'll still be exempt but if not it's not too bad to get them it's more just annoying if anything haha. Thank you for your input!

SolaceSkyWolf

Jun 5, 2019
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Tried to link up my GCKey but i cant seem to get it working. I tried 5 times and I am kicked out now for the next 24hrs lol. I sent them an email so hopefully it can get linked up that way. How do we check status for the OWP we sent with the PR package? Will it show in the same application status on ECAS?

Last edited:

SolaceSkyWolf

Jun 5, 2019
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
I think I figured out why it wasn't working. It said to put in applicants information so I was putting in my husbands name and place of birth ect. But I think I was supposed to be putting in my own information *Facepalm* I'm just used to being referred too as the sponsor in all this government paperwork stuff lol

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Tried to link up my GCKey but i cant seem to get it working. I tried 5 times and I am kicked out now for the next 24hrs lol. I sent them an email so hopefully it can get linked up that way. How do we check status for the OWP we sent with the PR package? Will it show in the same application status on ECAS?
You can try again with a different browser or different computer or device. It's easy to get around the five tries limit. Incognito mode on some browsers may also work.

Shanghai911

Star Member
May 19, 2019
It seems it would slow the process down a bit if they made everyone prior to December 3rd get biometrics when they now have new apps coming in with this new update. I'm hoping we'll still be exempt but if not it's not too bad to get them it's more just annoying if anything haha. Thank you for your input!
I am following a group on facebook, and the admin sent an email to IRCC about this. the anwser was that Application receive before December 3rd will still be exempt from giving Biometric. I would not take it for cash but seems like we won't have to do it.