Surrey, British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2013
AOR Received.
23-10-2013
Quick question, why and when would IRCC request fingerprint, and in province background check? Thanks guys!

Golden_islandgal

Star Member
Oct 19, 2019
Quick question, why and when would IRCC request fingerprint, and in province background check? Thanks guys!
From what I understand its usually in cases where you have been in Canada more than 6 months and your name is a common one so they request it to ensure you have no criminal record here. I also notice it is requested when they have started your BGC

PrincessButtercup

Oct 1, 2019
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
24-12-2019
Med's Request
07-28-2020
Med's Done....
08-05-2020
Interview........
N/A (COVID)
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
09-28-2020
Hi, I have a question.
Brief background: my partner and I have lived together for 3years (was 3 years in March)(I applied under the common law class last year so we had been living together for 2+ years)
My question:
My partner got his PR in January 2018 (we became common law for CIC purposes in March 2018) Based on my calculation, when he applied for his PR and even when got it, we weren’t yet common law.
That being said, I’ve been going down a rabbit hole of what could go wrong and thought to ask if we should be worried about misrepresentation.
Thanks to anyone who can answer this.
I'm not sure if I totally understand your questions, but I thought your spouse (married or common-law) needed to be a PR holder for 5 years before they themselves could sponsor anyone.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5289-sponsor-your-spouse-common-law-partner-conjugal-partner-dependent-child-complete-guide.html

pxlxyp

Star Member
Oct 15, 2018
Hi all, how's everyone doing? Just checked my application today and it says 40 days left, though I know this is probably highly inaccurate:p
Fingers crossed!!

Amy23

Feb 19, 2020
Hi all, how's everyone doing? Just checked my application today and it says 40 days left, though I know this is probably highly inaccurate:p
Fingers crossed!!

Mine is down to 42 days :( and yes, that is just an automated calculation from the date your app is received until it is 1 year old, lets hope things get moving again, Oct. 3 started processing 5 days ago

Stormie

Star Member
Aug 8, 2019
I don’t think that’s true (I also don’t see that anywhere in the link you posted)
I think what you’re referring to will only apply if my spouse himself was sponsored by someone else. (Then he cant sponsor anyone till 5 years after he got his own PR)
This is not the case here.

Aug 28, 2020
Mine is down to 42 days :( and yes, that is just an automated calculation from the date your app is received until it is 1 year old, lets hope things get moving again, Oct. 3 started processing 5 days ago
Did you receive an update from IRCC when they started "processing" your application five days ago? And if so, do you know if this is what CIC is referring to under the "review of eligibility" section online, where it says "we will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility"?
Thanks in advance for the info -- I'm an Oct. 10 applicant and this whole process is making me quite anxious :(

suchip2310

Aug 23, 2020
Hi! I sent the web form in last week and we received a reply on our fingerprint status stating that they have received it and it may/ may not be uploaded on my account for me to see it as they are slightly behind on the application due to high volume (guessing it's because of the break due to COVID). Hope this info helps anyone has the same situation.

Hi same thing happened to me but instead of web form i called IRCC n they said that my police clearance certificate has been received but the officer working on my case hasn't checked it n thats why its not updated online. I hope it helps you

Reactions: RAMAN2633

Stormie

Star Member
Aug 8, 2019
Did you receive an update from IRCC when they started "processing" your application five days ago? And if so, do you know if this is what CIC is referring to under the "review of eligibility" section online, where it says "we will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility"?
Thanks in advance for the info -- I'm an Oct. 10 applicant and this whole process is making me quite anxious :(
i totally get how you feel.the whole process is making me drive myself insane!

Amy23

Feb 19, 2020
Hi
Today my consultant forwarded us 2pdf documents, in one doc it said that my wife was approved as a sponser and in other doc it said I met all the eligibility requirements
What does this mean? And How long does it take from this point to complete the process
Thank you in advance
Congrats! When was your app received?

sai123456789

Star Member
Jan 31, 2020
Hi! I sent the web form in last week and we received a reply on our fingerprint status stating that they have received it and it may/ may not be uploaded on my account for me to see it as they are slightly behind on the application due to high volume (guessing it's because of the break due to COVID). Hope this info helps anyone has the same situation.
Hi
I didn’t get the finger print request yet however I got the SA and AIP yesterday. Is fingerprint compulsory? If so Why they didn't ask me till now? Any thoughts

Reactions: PrincessButtercup