+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****OCTOBER 2019 Inland Spousal Sponsorship****

Golden_islandgal

Star Member
Oct 19, 2019
Oct 02, 2019 applicant here. I just received my sponsor approval today, and my partner received the following:

"It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class. Furthermore, we are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada office in IRCC XXXX will contact you to arrange an appointment for the finalization of your permanent resident application"

What does this mean? Is this an interview request to get CoPR? Or this is the CoPR/AIP?

Thanks!
Thats AIP. I guess they may contact you to schedule an interview but since covid they had stopped interviews for COPR and were sending them via email not sure if that process has resumed but look out to hear from them. They were also doing interviews by phone. Congratulations!

Amy23

Feb 19, 2020
Oct 02, 2019 applicant here. I just received my sponsor approval today, and my partner received the following:

"It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class. Furthermore, we are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada office in IRCC XXXX will contact you to arrange an appointment for the finalization of your permanent resident application"

What does this mean? Is this an interview request to get CoPR? Or this is the CoPR/AIP?

Thanks!
congrats! Please remember to update the spreadsheet ❤

anjana johny

Star Member
Mar 23, 2020
Hi,

I submitted the inland spousal sponsorship application on August 8 and it was received on August 11. But I still didnt heard from IRCC. Can anyone tell me how many days it will take to get the AOR?

Amy23

Feb 19, 2020
Hi,

I submitted the inland spousal sponsorship application on August 8 and it was received on August 11. But I still didnt heard from IRCC. Can anyone tell me how many days it will take to get the AOR?
Under normal circumstances (before covid) it was taking over a month and a half, it is probably longer now

saitesovsri

Sep 4, 2019
If anyone is waiting for IRCC to receive their RCMP police clearance certificate, I just wanted to share my experience.

July 15 - I received the request for RCMP finger print based police clearance.
July 15 - Booked an appointment and provided my finger prints to a third party agency. Finger prints sent to RCMP same day for processing.
July 17 - RCMP sent the finger prints result to the IRCC mailing address provided on the request letter. This was confirmed by RCMP, they responded to my email request.
August 3 - Called IRCC, they did not receive it
August 6 - Sent a webform request to know the status
August 9 - Reply back, they still did not receive it
August 14 - Called IRCC again, they still did not receive it
August 20 - Sent a webform request again
August 25 - Received a response that they have received it. Still no update in GCKey though.

Anyone going through the same thing, I would recommend being patient since it took almost 38 days for them to receive and update the system. Chances are they received it much earlier, system just didn't get updated. It's very easy to panic, I know I did. Hopefully, my timeline will help calm some nerves for people who are waiting for IRCC to receive the police clearance certificate.

paglimi

Star Member
Nov 14, 2019
If anyone is waiting for IRCC to receive their RCMP police clearance certificate, I just wanted to share my experience.

July 15 - I received the request for RCMP finger print based police clearance.
July 15 - Booked an appointment and provided my finger prints to a third party agency. Finger prints sent to RCMP same day for processing.
July 17 - RCMP sent the finger prints result to the IRCC mailing address provided on the request letter. This was confirmed by RCMP, they responded to my email request.
August 3 - Called IRCC, they did not receive it
August 6 - Sent a webform request to know the status
August 9 - Reply back, they still did not receive it
August 14 - Called IRCC again, they still did not receive it
August 20 - Sent a webform request again
August 25 - Received a response that they have received it. Still no update in GCKey though.

Anyone going through the same thing, I would recommend being patient since it took almost 38 days for them to receive and update the system. Chances are they received it much earlier, system just didn't get updated. It's very easy to panic, I know I did. Hopefully, my timeline will help calm some nerves for people who are waiting for IRCC to receive the police clearance certificate.
Thank you for posting this! My husband went to get the fingerprints the day after the request on August 5, RCMP confirmed that it was processed and sent to IRCC on August 13, but still no update in GCKey which had me panicked for the September 4 deadline. It's a relief to hear that this is normal! There were no issues on IRCC end with it not being received within 38 days vs 30 days they had required?

saitesovsri

Sep 4, 2019
Thank you for posting this! My husband went to get the fingerprints the day after the request on August 5, RCMP confirmed that it was processed and sent to IRCC on August 13, but still no update in GCKey which had me panicked for the September 4 deadline. It's a relief to hear that this is normal! There were no issues on IRCC end with it not being received within 38 days vs 30 days they had required?
During my call on August 14, which was the deadline, IRCC telephone agent told me that they can see a note in the system that says I have provided my fingerprints and the fingerprints will be sent to IRCC. The email was sent to IRCC by the third party service I went to on the same day I provided my fingerprints. So, the agent told me I had complied with their request and that was good enough. He also said "At this point there is nothing you can do, it is between IRCC and RCMP. We are behind to open mails, so it's possible that we have received it but haven't opened it yet. You have complied with the request well within 30 days and we have it on file."