+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****OCTOBER 2019 Inland Spousal Sponsorship****

BB802

Star Member
Nov 19, 2019
Hi All,

Question about application status.

Under Sponsorship Application it says "In Process". Does anybody else have this? Or has it changed to "decision made".

Thanks

Amy23

Feb 19, 2020
Hi All,

Question about application status.

Under Sponsorship Application it says "In Process". Does anybody else have this? Or has it changed to "decision made".

Thanks
For me both applications show 'In process" on the ECAS page, I am past my medicals now, but you can get more detailed information if you link your application to the CGKEY account

BB802

Star Member
Nov 19, 2019
For me both applications show 'In process" on the ECAS page, I am past my medicals now, but you can get more detailed information if you link your application to the CGKEY account
okay cool thanks for the information. I was wondering if it could of been holding up my OWP but I had an email from IRCC saying its still in process and that some take longer than others.

App received Oct 24th, no OWP or medical request yet.

Reactions: PrincessButtercup

Amy23

Feb 19, 2020
okay cool thanks for the information. I was wondering if it could of been holding up my OWP but I had an email from IRCC saying its still in process and that some take longer than others.

App received Oct 24th, no OWP or medical request yet.
Where in Canada are you? it might be a good idea to start locating the doctor where you'll get your medicals from the authorized panel phisicians, and also keep in mind you'll have to go to the appointment first to get the requisition forms for the Xrays and bloodwork (there are usually a limited number of places where they refer us to, it can't be any lab or xray place, make sure you ask which are the accepted ones from the doctors office),, as soon as I got my medical request the first thing I did was book a lab appointment in the one my doctor uses, so by the time I got the requisition and appointment I did my bloodwork right away and didn't have to wait the usual week to get a spot, booking ahead saves a lot of waiting/dead time on your app

BB802

Star Member
Nov 19, 2019
Where in Canada are you? it might be a good idea to start locating the doctor where you'll get your medicals from the authorized panel phisicians, and also keep in mind you'll have to go to the appointment first to get the requisition forms for the Xrays and bloodwork (there are usually a limited number of places where they refer us to, it can't be any lab or xray place, make sure you ask which are the accepted ones from the doctors office),, as soon as I got my medical request the first thing I did was book a lab appointment in the one my doctor uses, so by the time I got the requisition and appointment I did my bloodwork right away and didn't have to wait the usual week to get a spot, booking ahead saves a lot of waiting/dead time on your app
Thats good advice thankyou. Im in Winnipeg, so ill do some research today and see if I can get some appointments lined up next week.

Golden_islandgal

Star Member
Oct 19, 2019
Thats good advice thankyou. Im in Winnipeg, so ill do some research today and see if I can get some appointments lined up next week.
Whilst you may find a panel doctor in your area depending on where you are you cannot set an appointment for labs or xray until you have an appointment at the doctors' office. So ensure you find out if that is possible

abeagomez

Star Member
Mar 4, 2020
Is anyone who wasn't "out os status" at the moment they submitted their application, still waiting for their OWP?

abeagomez

Star Member
Mar 4, 2020
I had valid status when I submitted my application but am still waiting for OWP
What is your timeline? When did you apply?
I called IRCC but they are not very helpful, they basically said they don't know. I'm from nov and most of the people from nov 1 to nov 14 already got their OWP, but IRCC sudenly said they are still processing applications from Oct so I was wondering what dates in Oct? When did you apply?

BB802

Star Member
Nov 19, 2019
What is your timeline? When did you apply?
I called IRCC but they are not very helpful, they basically said they don't know. I'm from nov and most of the people from nov 1 to nov 14 already got their OWP, but IRCC sudenly said they are still processing applications from Oct so I was wondering what dates in Oct? When did you apply?
24th october. they said the same thing to me

Amy23

Feb 19, 2020
I already called 3 times and emailed a few times too and they all gave me the same answer of they have it but its still in process. I unfortunately don't think theres anything I could do but wait.
Are you still waiting for your medical to be passed? any updates?

PrincessButtercup

Oct 1, 2019
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
24-12-2019
Med's Request
07-28-2020
Med's Done....
08-05-2020
Interview........
N/A (COVID)
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
09-28-2020
Haven’t try anything yet, I don’t want to mess with it so I just leave it like that. Does that affect the sponsorship application at cic though?
No, it doesn't affect anything either negatively or positively.

PrincessButtercup

Oct 1, 2019
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
24-12-2019
Med's Request
07-28-2020
Med's Done....
08-05-2020
Interview........
N/A (COVID)
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
09-28-2020
I had valid status when I submitted my application but am still waiting for OWP
@abeagomez @BB802 @KuroNeko26

I am in similar boat as you three. Application received 10/30/19 (backdated to 10/23/19 by CIC). AOR received 12/24/19. No OWP yet. I am still in status. Have not received a request for medicals, either.

HOWEVER, I was just asked on March 2nd to provide a new IMM 5669 for my PR packet (the IMM 5669 that my Checklist linked to was IMM 5669e, the incorrect form). Not sure if this is related to my OWP, but it could explain a potential slowdown. Very frustrating, but I've uploaded the new form via Webkey. Now more waiting.

BB802

Star Member
Nov 19, 2019
@abeagomez @BB802 @KuroNeko26

I am in similar boat as you three. Application received 10/30/19 (backdated to 10/23/19 by CIC). AOR received 12/24/19. No OWP yet. I am still in status. Have not received a request for medicals, either.

HOWEVER, I was just asked on March 2nd to provide a new IMM 5669 for my PR packet (the IMM 5669 that my Checklist linked to was IMM 5669e, the incorrect form). Not sure if this is related to my OWP, but it could explain a potential slowdown. Very frustrating, but I've uploaded the new form via Webkey. Now more waiting.
Ive noticed the processing time for OWP's has gone back in time lol

They are now processing paper applications received October 15th...

Reactions: PrincessButtercup