+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2019 - Citizenship Applicants

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
No update from immigration yet...the passport of my native country expires in November'2020.

I will have to spend again to renew my passport for with this uncertainty looking over. :-(
Unless you need your native country's passport to use for travel and that is your reason for needing one, you don't need a valid passport to apply for citizenship.

erable_rouge

Mar 5, 2014
Ontario
App. Filed.......
29-04-2016
Doc's Request.
05-31-2017
AOR Received.
AOR1:- 1 June 2016 ; AOR2:- 29 June 2016
IELTS Request
Sent with application
LANDED..........
3 Aug 2017
Unless you need your native country's passport to use for travel and that is your reason for needing one, you don't need a valid passport to apply for citizenship.
Yes, I know I don't need the passport unless I intend to travel. But, it's always good to have a valid passport/PR Card lest one needs to travel incase of emergencies.

The citizenship delay.... does come with an added expense. , :-(

aahan3

Jun 7, 2019
Cambridge
i have applied in 2019 sept
aor recived on 9 dec
started processing on 9 jan
no update after that
i called them and they told me that its been under processing.
what i am suppose to do.

erable_rouge

Mar 5, 2014
Ontario
App. Filed.......
29-04-2016
Doc's Request.
05-31-2017
AOR Received.
AOR1:- 1 June 2016 ; AOR2:- 29 June 2016
IELTS Request
Sent with application
LANDED..........
3 Aug 2017
i have applied in 2019 sept
aor recived on 9 dec
started processing on 9 jan
no update after that
i called them and they told me that its been under processing.
what i am suppose to do.
Unfortunately, just watch and wait. As long as they haven't asked to furnish any more documents or any action required, we just need to wait for the invite for the test.

JuCW

Jan 25, 2017
Guys, sadly there is nothing we can do. I’ve sent IRCC a message “complaining” about how they are handling this. But that’s all. At this point, I have settled in my mind that nothing will change any time soon. If I’m wrong, great! If not, I free myself from the anxiety this delay has brought. And that’s it. We all have our PRs, so we are good.

Bachar

Sep 12, 2011
Guys, sadly there is nothing we can do. I’ve sent IRCC a message “complaining” about how they are handling this. But that’s all. At this point, I have settled in my mind that nothing will change any time soon. If I’m wrong, great! If not, I free myself from the anxiety this delay has brought. And that’s it. We all have our PRs, so we are good.
But the PR will expire soon, and it will cost new photos and fees to get it/them renewed.
I never thought that the PR would expire before getting the citizenship.
Anyway, it is all better than being sick because of COVID19.

s23srinivas

Jul 27, 2015
But the PR will expire soon, and it will cost new photos and fees to get it/them renewed.
I never thought that the PR would expire before getting the citizenship.
Anyway, it is all better than being sick because of COVID19.
You don't have to renew the PR card if you don't anticipate any travel outside the country during the citizenship processing.
But for any kind of emergency, its better to renew the PR card since we don't know how long is the wait going to be for getting the test invite and other citizenship related processing to get back on track.
All the best!

popoxee

Star Member
May 4, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lazy excuses. IRCC union employees think that they are special and deserve special treatment on our taxes and fees while service delivery is pathetic to the least.
Exactly. Everyone is back to work. Contractors, service, schools and high risk professions like nurse and docs are always working. What makes them so special?

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
Checking in with Oct/19 applicants. How's everyone?

I did email IRCC on my 1 year anniversary of applying- October 8. I asked them if they had plans on resuming testing any time soon. I hate their emails, they're so vague. A bunch of stuff that didn't answer my questions and to check their website for updates. If my kids can go to school, they can find a way to do testing.

Reactions: JuCW

quebec_immi

Jan 7, 2013
Guys, my PR card expires in December 2020. I have applied for citizenship in Oct2019. Does anyone know if the PR card expiring while citizenship is in progress is something to worry about?