+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2019 - Citizenship Applicants

callixtus

Star Member
Jul 16, 2015
Hello all. Looks like IRCC just launched their online citizenship test system.

Has anybody from the Oct 2019 applicants received an invitation to take the online citizenship test?

Cdrocks89

Oct 19, 2015
Edmonton, AB
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Thanks a lot for the clarification.

No compulsion to renew your passport. Thats why cic doesnt ask for passport to be valid while submitting the application.
Its up to you if you have any travel plans outside before you get Canadian citizenship then you can go ahead. if not you can wait.

Today few have received a new email invite for online test. They had their exams cancelled in March/Apr.

Augustleo17

Nov 12, 2019
Hello all. Looks like IRCC just launched their online citizenship test system.

Has anybody from the Oct 2019 applicants received an invitation to take the online citizenship test?
Haven't received any email/invite.. my status update stopped on feb 7.. :( it's still in process..

Augustleo17

Nov 12, 2019
I'm planning to go back home on January and am worried they might send an invite and I'm not here. I prolly just let them know.

COOL_DUDE_CANADA

Star Member
Jan 30, 2015
hello everyone..
like all of you, am still waiting on my test invite..
i received a FP request on 24th Feb and submitted it around feb 27th but i still see the below status :

We sent you correspondence on February 24, 2020. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

Is there any way to confirm if they received my FP. this is bothering me now.

TIA :)

JuCW

Jan 25, 2017
hello everyone..
like all of you, am still waiting on my test invite..
i received a FP request on 24th Feb and submitted it around feb 27th but i still see the below status :

We sent you correspondence on February 24, 2020. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

Is there any way to confirm if they received my FP. this is bothering me now.

TIA :)
Call IRCC. I called them and they confirmed they received my FP.

Cassiano

Dec 4, 2017
Online Citizenship Test
Ottawa, November 26, 2020—
As part of our response to the challenges posed by the pandemic, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) is today launching a new platform for online citizenship tests.
The platform is being tested over the next few months. During this time, a limited number of clients—those whose tests were cancelled due to the pandemic and those who are on the waiting list—will be invited to take the online citizenship test.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/online-citizenship-test-2020.html

akaribrahmama

Feb 21, 2020
Any one here over 55 who doesn't need test to be written? What about them. Will they be invited directly for interview instead of test?

Kunal Kadiya

Oct 17, 2015
Family size: 2
Application sent: October 2
Application received: October 4
AOR: January 3rd
Test: February 28
Virtual Oath invite: October 7
Oath completed: October 13
Best of luck everyone...

Hi there

I am from Saskatoon, I need your help, so I got the email invitation for virtual oath, but wife and daughter did not get any email invitation yet. Is it like that family members getting different invitation date?

Thank you

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Hi there

I am from Saskatoon, I need your help, so I got the email invitation for virtual oath, but wife and daughter did not get any email invitation yet. Is it like that family members getting different invitation date?

Thank you
All members who are 14 and above. Are they part of same application package?
We have seen cases(the other family member) pending or they might send the invite after sometime. But you should just attend without altering the date as we dont know when they would re-invite.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/canadian-citizenship/ceremony/oath.html

mdfellow

Jul 5, 2018
Since the launch of the online citizenship test program, I haven't seen someone from September or October 2019 group received an invite for the test. I don't know how long more it will take to get an invite for the test?

treasuredone

Feb 25, 2016
Since the launch of the online citizenship test program, I haven't seen someone from September or October 2019 group received an invite for the test. I don't know how long more it will take to get an invite for the test?
Well, I guess all we can do is wait and hope it doesn't take too long. The interval between taking the test and the oath is another we don't know how long the wait is going to be for.