+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2019 - Citizenship Applicants

treasuredone

Feb 25, 2016
Guys, my PR card expires in December 2020. I have applied for citizenship in Oct2019. Does anyone know if the PR card expiring while citizenship is in progress is something to worry about?
This is where it becomes tricky because there's sometimes unforeseen travel needs that show up.

N Ajay Chowdary

Oct 27, 2014
Hyderabad
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-01-2015
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
20-11-2015
AOR Received.
21-01-2016
IELTS Request
Sent along with app
File Transfer...
25-04-2016
Med's Request
Sent along with app
Med's Done....
Sent along with app
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
25-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
02-05-2016
LANDED..........
22-09-2016
Guys, my PR card expires in December 2020. I have applied for citizenship in Oct2019. Does anyone know if the PR card expiring while citizenship is in progress is something to worry about?
Nothing to worry. Get your PR card renewed.

Rule says that you need to maintain your permanent residency till you get your citizenship.

Official website says "If your PR card expires, it does not mean you have lost permanent status."

• make sure that you live in Canada long enough to keep your Permanent Resident (PR) status
  • be a permanent resident (when you apply)
  • not lose PR status before you take the Oath of Citizenship

Reactions: quebec_immi

birdboy008

Feb 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-06-2014
AOR Received.
08-08-2014
Hi everyone, my application like most of yours has been "in process" since February 11, 2020. I was not invited to a citizenship test before the pandemic started. My question is this, will people like me (those whos next step is to take the test) have to just wait until they resume testing? What does that look like? Will that resumption be sometime in 2021 or realistically, well beyond that? 2022? perhaps 2023? will they really just make us all wait? Won't that just create an insurmountable backlog for them and us? Are we all just stuck in limbo for another year or two? Is there any hope for a timely completion?

And why can't the IRCC conduct these tests with safety precautions in place, if most people are allowed to work or attend school? Can they really not sit people down 2m apart with masks for these tests? It's so frustrating!!!

Radium

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
NOC Code......
INLAND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 18, 2014
AOR Received.
May 28. 2015
Med's Done....
August 18, 2014
Hi everyone, my application like most of yours has been "in process" since February 11, 2020. I was not invited to a citizenship test before the pandemic started. My question is this, will people like me (those whos next step is to take the test) have to just wait until they resume testing? What does that look like? Will that resumption be sometime in 2021 or realistically, well beyond that? 2022? perhaps 2023? will they really just make us all wait? Won't that just create an insurmountable backlog for them and us? Are we all just stuck in limbo for another year or two? Is there any hope for a timely completion?

And why can't the IRCC conduct these tests with safety precautions in place, if most people are allowed to work or attend school? Can they really not sit people down 2m apart with masks for these tests? It's so frustrating!!!
A 100 million dollar question but unfortunately there’s no official word from IRCC, and Minister of Citizenship and Immigration Mr. Marco Mendicino.
Over 8 months have passed without knowledge tests and interviews, Totally unacceptable.

On their list of priority, granting citizenship is likely at the bottom.
It’s not that CIC is not processing immigration files at all, they have actually fast tracked Inland Express Entry after COVID, since travel restrictions are in place and granting outland PR is not feasible at this time, but on contrary they are processing Student Visas at regular pace.

Tbh, life won’t dramatically change for most of us after getting Canadian Citizenship, but for those who are waiting on their PR, their life would definitely change.

Reactions: wstrn24

Troy2245

Aug 5, 2017
A 100 million dollar question but unfortunately there’s no official word from IRCC, and Minister of Citizenship and Immigration Mr. Marco Mendicino.
Over 8 months have passed without knowledge tests and interviews, Totally unacceptable.

On their list of priority, granting citizenship is likely at the bottom.
It’s not that CIC is not processing immigration files at all, they have actually fast tracked Inland Express Entry after COVID, since travel restrictions are in place and granting outland PR is not feasible at this time, but on contrary they are processing Student Visas at regular pace.

Tbh, life won’t dramatically change for most of us after getting Canadian Citizenship, but for those who are waiting on their PR, their life would definitely change.
It does change actually. I know a friend who wants to move out of Canada for few years. He is waiting for Canadian passport and the country he is applying for work visa is pending due Canadian passport.
So you are wrong, likewise there are many reasons for other people which is life changing decision when you receive Canadian passport.
Yes not many people gets affected but at the same time it is very important.

SeanTor

Star Member
Aug 23, 2020
Is there any applicant whose virtual ceremony happened in October still awaiting for citizenship certificate? Just curious to know if there is long wait for receiving citizenship certificate as well?

Reactions: ottawaapp

Karachi007

Star Member
Oct 27, 2015
Canada
Interview........
-----
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
23-08-2016

Cdrocks89

Oct 19, 2015
Edmonton, AB
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Do I have to renew my Indian Passport compulsory which is expiring very soon or I can wait to get my Canadian citizenship and renounce Indian citizenship with an expired passport.?

canada4evr

Star Member
Aug 20, 2013
Guys quick question, my wife was scheduled for the exam last March 31 which got canceled after pandemic started. Will she be receiving new invite for the online testing? On CIC website, it says you can take the online exams after receiving the invite, are they referring to the original invite or there will be new invite?

Rie11

Sep 9, 2020
Guys quick question, my wife was scheduled for the exam last March 31 which got canceled after pandemic started. Will she be receiving new invite for the online testing? On CIC website, it says you can take the online exams after receiving the invite, are they referring to the original invite or there will be new invite?
There will be a new invite for the online test.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Do I have to renew my Indian Passport compulsory which is expiring very soon or I can wait to get my Canadian citizenship and renounce Indian citizenship with an expired passport.?
No compulsion to renew your passport. Thats why cic doesnt ask for passport to be valid while submitting the application.
Its up to you if you have any travel plans outside before you get Canadian citizenship then you can go ahead. if not you can wait.
Today few have received a new email invite for online test. They had their exams cancelled in March/Apr.

Reactions: Cdrocks89