October 2019 - Citizenship Applicants

mpsqra

Champion Member
Jul 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Il y avait des circonstances personnelles hors de mon contrôle. J'ai postulé quand j'ai pu, ce qui est maintenant. C'est vraiment un gros "deal" pour moi, ce qui n'est pas drôle pour moi.
Es-tu de l'Inde?

Johnny_0507

Star Member
Nov 4, 2014
Toronto
Hi Guys,

Out of curiosity looked into the 2019 spreadsheet. The following is the summary of dates when the last updates were received for each milestone. I used data from all months in 2019 applications as maintained in the spreadsheet (2019 Applicants Click Here).

This clearly shows no progress for Test Invites

Citizenship Process MilestonesDate (When last updated)Day of Week
AOR07/Aug/2020Friday
In Process ecas13/Mar/2020Friday
Test Invite letter/ecas date19/Mar/2020Thursday
Test Interview date21/Apr/2020Tuesday
Decision Made date ecas estimate10/Jul/2020Friday
Oath Letter Date12/Aug/2020Wednesday
Oath Ceremony27/Aug/2020Thursday

Lorrainevintage

Nov 19, 2019
It's just so disheartening. I wish they could at lease provide us with some sort of update when they "think" tests may resume...now with corona numbers rising again it likely won't be until the new year.
Agree, I think it would be fair for them to give us some information on this, instead of just ignoring people, I know its a privilege , but we did pay a chunk of money for this :(

Lorrainevintage

Nov 19, 2019
I think if your over 55 you dont even have to do the test or child, so personally ( I know people dont agree and not looking for an argument ). I think maybe they should just consider this for this covid situation.

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
Agree, I think it would be fair for them to give us some information on this, instead of just ignoring people, I know its a privilege , but we did pay a chunk of money for this :(
Yes, and they raised the fees significantly to streamline the process. The least they can do is just tell us when they hope to resume testing, or discuss their preliminary plans.

Reactions: Lorrainevintage

JuCW

Jan 25, 2017
Yes, and they raised the fees significantly to streamline the process. The least they can do is just tell us when they hope to resume testing, or discuss their preliminary plans.
Well, I don’t know if this would help, but maybe if we keep calling them and asking on social media, this issue may catch their attention? I know that they are posting a lot of useless stuff on Facebook, and don’t reply when people ask about PR, citizenship, sponsorship. But what else can we do?

Reactions: his*marty

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
Well, I don’t know if this would help, but maybe if we keep calling them and asking on social media, this issue may catch their attention? I know that they are posting a lot of useless stuff on Facebook, and don’t reply when people ask about PR, citizenship, sponsorship. But what else can we do?
It makes it even more frustrating when they make useless posts and ignore the real Immigration issues.

InGodITrust

Star Member
Apr 10, 2016
Just submitted a feedback to IRCC asking for more information on what to expect. This is the link in case you want to do the same: https://secure.cic.gc.ca/feedback-retroaction/form-forme-eng.aspx?type=2
Done. I have been trying to be patient but now that everything has re-opened, I don't see why citizenship tests can't resume? (of course with safety measures in place). At least give us some updates/news regarding this. The uncertainty is really tough on the mind.

Reactions: JuCW

zainy89

Star Member
Apr 17, 2015
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-03-2017
Nomination.....
11-01-2017
AOR Received.
03-03-2017
Passport Req..
Aug 22, 2017
Just bring It with you when you take your test. I’m in the same situation and called IRCC to ask about this.
Thanks a lot