+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2019 - Citizenship Applicants

Rusty-53

Jul 3, 2019
The journey has come to a close. My wife received her citizenship via Zoom on Feb 22nd. The woman who guided us through it was amazing. She did not have to write the test as she is over 55. A brief timeline of our journey. Her first visit to Canada June 2011. (visa required). Came to Canada to stay April 2012. Submitted PR Application July 2012. Approved and received PR May 2013. Applied for citizenship October 2019 (we submitted 4 days after 55th birthday; no language requirements and no citizenship test). Received notice for meeting February 2020 to appear in Scarborough office on March 10th. We were in Thailand and not scheduled to return till the end of March. We requested a new date for April 2019, but did not hear back. Then we all know what happened on March 17th. The whole system shut down. We heard nothing till I received and email for her Oath ceremony on February 17th. At first I thought it was a spam. After speaking with the officer it was in fact true and scheduled for February 22nd. The ceremony went off without a hitch and we received her certificate 4 days later. We are at the end of a journey. A journey that was made more bearable by the support we received along the way from the fellow members of this forum. We want to thank all of you for your words of encouragement and support. Especially the moderators and senior member who maintained the spreadsheets. Please update us on the October 2019 spreadsheet. At this point we say goodbye to the forum as we will not be posting or following along anymore. Congratulations to all of you who have finished the journey and received your citizenship and for those of you still waiting; hang in there, the finish line is close and oh so beautiful.

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
The journey has come to a close. My wife received her citizenship via Zoom on Feb 22nd. The woman who guided us through it was amazing. She did not have to write the test as she is over 55. A brief timeline of our journey. Her first visit to Canada June 2011. (visa required). Came to Canada to stay April 2012. Submitted PR Application July 2012. Approved and received PR May 2013. Applied for citizenship October 2019 (we submitted 4 days after 55th birthday; no language requirements and no citizenship test). Received notice for meeting February 2020 to appear in Scarborough office on March 10th. We were in Thailand and not scheduled to return till the end of March. We requested a new date for April 2019, but did not hear back. Then we all know what happened on March 17th. The whole system shut down. We heard nothing till I received and email for her Oath ceremony on February 17th. At first I thought it was a spam. After speaking with the officer it was in fact true and scheduled for February 22nd. The ceremony went off without a hitch and we received her certificate 4 days later. We are at the end of a journey. A journey that was made more bearable by the support we received along the way from the fellow members of this forum. We want to thank all of you for your words of encouragement and support. Especially the moderators and senior member who maintained the spreadsheets. Please update us on the October 2019 spreadsheet. At this point we say goodbye to the forum as we will not be posting or following along anymore. Congratulations to all of you who have finished the journey and received your citizenship and for those of you still waiting; hang in there, the finish line is close and oh so beautiful.
My sincerest congratulations to you and your wife.

Reactions: AC1974

llgn_sp

Star Member
Dec 18, 2014
Toronto
Visa Office......
Scarborough
Please update tracker:
Invited to Oath Ceremony on March 9th, 2021!
Thanks everyone! The end of a journey
Just got a call from the IRCC + and email: March 9th oath ceremony has been canceled due to IT issues (they were very clear that it has nothing to do with the application and were very sorry). They said no oath ceremony should happen (in Scarborough, I assume) until March 31, so they said I should be re-scheduled for April, 2021 and to wait for a new e-mail.

Anil0502

Star Member
Oct 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-05-2014
Nomination.....
15-08-2014(PER mail)
Med's Request
16-09-2014
Med's Done....
22-09-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
Hi All,

ECAS status updated today to Decision Made. Though haven't received any official email confirming exam pass and for OATH ceremony.

Thanks,

jjonghuny

Feb 19, 2013
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
17-12-2012
AOR Received.
25-03-2013
Med's Request
30-04-2013
Med's Done....
10-05-2013
Passport Req..
09-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-09-2013
LANDED..........
08-10-2013
Finally updated decision made! It's been a long time waiting for it since writing the citizenship test and interview on March 4, 2020.

Lex2019

Jan 21, 2019
Just got a call from the IRCC + and email: March 9th oath ceremony has been canceled due to IT issues (they were very clear that it has nothing to do with the application and were very sorry). They said no oath ceremony should happen (in Scarborough, I assume) until March 31, so they said I should be re-scheduled for April, 2021 and to wait for a new e-mail.
Bummer! Have they used up their data allowance? :) Another month of wait...

Ani_Canada

Jun 22, 2017
Not a good news.. :( . So , are they cancelling just the oaths ..or everything including test & interview , any idea from your email ?

Reactions: llgn_sp

Anford

Oct 3, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Vancouver, BC
Not a good news.. :( . So , are they cancelling just the oaths ..or everything including test & interview , any idea from your email ?
Hopefully it won't get delayed again. It seems like it might be some kind of a cyber attack again (just my though, no source whatsoever) or something because Fisheries and Oceans Canada made a post on their facebook page saying they are also experiencing technical difficulties with their website so it may affect all government websites.

Reactions: llgn_sp

carol90

Star Member
Feb 3, 2021
Congratulation...

llgn_sp

Star Member
Dec 18, 2014
Toronto
Visa Office......
Scarborough
OK this is wild, they just got in touch again and said IT issues resolved and ceremony continues as planned. Whew!