+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2019 - Citizenship Applicants

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
When did you got the invite and which location
Just 40 minutes ago. Toronto, no idea which office.
Submitted Oct. 15 2019 and in process Jan 15 2020

Request not to be added to the spreadsheet, just for forum info. :)

I received test invite today, I have 21 days to complete the test. Those who have successfully completed their test please share your experience. Also, I would like to know if discover Canada guide will be enough for the test preparation?

Thank you
Yes the study guide and all its outdated info is enough.

carol90

Star Member
Feb 3, 2021
Well, I did have 7 short trips to my home country and 4 weekend trips to the USA during my eligibility period.
Now I am bit worried.. I lost my old passport and I have some travel history with that passport while I was on my eligibility Period for citizenship.

abbey786

Oct 4, 2011
I received test invite today, I have 21 days to complete the test. Those who have successfully completed their test please share your experience. Also, I would like to know if discover Canada guide will be enough for the test preparation?

Thank you
Discover Canada is enough.

I used the flashcards from this site to study. Remember dates and names well. Do the test on this site and also download few citizenship test apps for practise.

http://www.citizenshipcounts.ca/

saiphanendra

Star Member
Mar 16, 2020
Scarborough Applicant
I got the invitation to re-take the citizenship test. Reason mentioned in the invitation is that, "we are unable to accept your test results, could be because of technical issues or required photo identification was not submitted"
i've used Provincial ID card for as photo identification as it has signature and DOB and address.
PR card was not used because it doesn't have signature on it. Only thing is it has DOB and Card expiry date.
Test Invitation document was little confusing.. it clearly says "Photo ID with signature on it" such as PR card. But our PR card will not have signature.
Can any one reply that they took the test with PR card (with out signature)as ID proof and was successful.

btfd

Nov 17, 2020
My timeline:

Applied from Ottawa Nov 13 2019
Received Nov 20
AOR Feb 11 2020
Started processing Feb 26 2020
Test invite Feb 26 2021
Took test on March 4 at 12:01 am - for the impatient ones like myself I can confirm it was actually available at midnight.
Got 20/20
Cheers!

Interstellaraliens

Star Member
Feb 27, 2020
My timeline:

Applied from Ottawa Nov 13 2019
Received Nov 20
AOR Feb 11 2020
Started processing Feb 26 2020
Test invite Feb 26 2021
Took test on March 4 at 12:01 am - for the impatient ones like myself I can confirm it was actually available at midnight.
Got 20/20
Cheers!
good for u. my timeline is so similar to you but i have not received anything yet for test :(

abbey786

Oct 4, 2011
Scarborough Applicant
I got the invitation to re-take the citizenship test. Reason mentioned in the invitation is that, "we are unable to accept your test results, could be because of technical issues or required photo identification was not submitted"
i've used Provincial ID card for as photo identification as it has signature and DOB and address.
PR card was not used because it doesn't have signature on it. Only thing is it has DOB and Card expiry date.
Test Invitation document was little confusing.. it clearly says "Photo ID with signature on it" such as PR card. But our PR card will not have signature.
Can any one reply that they took the test with PR card (with out signature)as ID proof and was successful.
I used health card with no issues.

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
Hi, I got an email for the citizenship exam for 5th March and onwards. Please update.
Also appreciate if someone can advice on preparation please? Thanks
Updated. Good luck! Read the book over and over, do some questions from Richmond library and apnatoronto, and other sources, those would be enough.

Reactions: taherkhan