Nov 2, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi Visa Office
App. Filed.......
11 October 2019
Anyone's non-accompanying spouse got re-medical request?
I got re med request on 18 and passed it on 22 January 2021... waiting for PPR....single applicant ..Aor 11 October 2019

Reactions: Sho_bha

#123BT

Feb 10, 2021
Hi Guys,

I got my GCMS notes today. I had a Review Required on my file for Eligibility. Please suggest me what to do on this? @legalfalcon please suggest what are the hurdles and in what way i can clear this review required safely without having an rejections. And they hide the information related to History on the application from pages 100 to 157 with a status mention as “ pages 100 to 157 are with held pursuant to section 16(2)(c) of the access to information Act” can any one can tell me why they hide these pages on my GCMS Notes application. Was this happened to any one?

Here is the Review Required on:
https://ibb.co/RN3Rj5w
https://ibb.co/FHk59JV

Please find the links for images.

Your inputs are much appreciated.

YouGotMeHere

Star Member
Sep 19, 2018
Hi Guys,

I got my GCMS notes today. I had a Review Required on my file for Eligibility. Please suggest me what to do on this? @legalfalcon please suggest what are the hurdles and in what way i can clear this review required safely without having an rejections. And they hide the information related to History on the application from pages 100 to 157 with a status mention as “ pages 100 to 157 are with held pursuant to section 16(2)(c) of the access to information Act” can any one can tell me why they hide these pages on my GCMS Notes application. Was this happened to any one?

What does the Officer Review say? It should be in Notes 1-7. The one that you pasted above is the Case Analyst review and doesn't point to any alarming concern.

#123BT

Feb 10, 2021
What does the Officer Review say? It should be in Notes 1-7. The one that you pasted above is the Case Analyst review and doesn't point to any alarming concern.
Thank you for your reply. After that Note they contacted my employers on the same date. But the employers gave reply back in Dec 2020. Coming to the Notes 1-7 they didn’t mention any thing. But let me post that too

Please find the below links as well.
https://ibb.co/7W7MHqM
https://ibb.co/SJSW9TF

@YouGotMeHere @legalfalcon Could you please tell me why they hide those pages. Under that section?
Thank you so much

YouGotMeHere

Star Member
Sep 19, 2018
Thank you for your reply. After that Note they contacted my employers on the same date. But the employers gave reply back in Dec 2020. Coming to the Notes 1-7 they didn’t mention any thing. But let me post that too

Please find the below links as well.
https://ibb.co/7W7MHqM
https://ibb.co/SJSW9TF

@YouGotMeHere @legalfalcon Could you please tell me why they hide those pages. Under that section?
Thank you so much
Note 6 is redacted as far as i can see and that would have something to deal with Notes wrt the Employment verification. Simmilarly, Note 4 is redacted. I am not sure what does the Note 5 imply with the assessment of spouse and relationship being put on hold.

The Officer review is yet to be done. What's your AOR btw?

Those pages are hidden under the Access to Information Act. Mostly redacted when Security checks are ongoing. You can read more on this act here (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/A-1/page-4.html#docCont)

#123BT

Feb 10, 2021
Note 6 is redacted as far as i can see and that would have something to deal with Notes wrt the Employment verification. Simmilarly, Note 4 is redacted. I am not sure what does the Note 5 imply with the assessment of spouse and relationship being put on hold.

The Officer review is yet to be done. What's your AOR btw?

Those pages are hidden under the Access to Information Act. Mostly redacted when Security checks are ongoing. You can read more on this act here (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/A-1/page-4.html#docCont)
My AOR is from OCT 2019 Inland

Do u think is there any red flag by seeing those notes on the file.? Usually redacted is a common process or what? Is there any thing that i need to concern on after having those Notes on file?

Midnight Blessing

Mar 16, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
SGVO
Passport Req..
27-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2022
@legalfalcon Hi

My application is approved since May 2020, but due to travel restriction my PPR/COPR is pending. I am planning to get married and thinking whether getting married now might have a negative impact in my application? so would you advice me to get married now and add my spouse immediately or i should wait till I get COPR and sponsor her later ?

I am worried as my application is already approved adding her might cause any more uncertainties on my application or not. i would really appreciate your recommendations here. thanks

YouGotMeHere

Star Member
Sep 19, 2018
My AOR is from OCT 2019 Inland

Do u think is there any red flag by seeing those notes on the file.? Usually redacted is a common process or what? Is there any thing that i need to concern on after having those Notes on file?
In general, i don't see any concerns from those notes. You could Introspect wrt to that hold on the Spouse Relationship. Otherwise, redacated is a common afair. Any Internal communication or anything specific the agent wants to draw the attention of Officer is always redacted. It that info was public and you could access it, the purpose would be defeated. Never the less, Legalfalcon could give an In depth analysis.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon Hi

My application is approved since May 2020, but due to travel restriction my PPR/COPR is pending. I am planning to get married and thinking whether getting married now might have a negative impact in my application? so would you advice me to get married now and add my spouse immediately or i should wait till I get COPR and sponsor her later ?

I am worried as my application is already approved adding her might cause any more uncertainties on my application or not. i would really appreciate your recommendations here. thanks

You can get married anytime and add your spouse in your application until you land even if the COPR has been issued. Your application will be re-opened and after your spouse's documents are evaluated for medicals, criminal and security admissibility, your spouse will be added and you will be issued COPR for both you and your spouse.

Your CRS will not be recalculated.

Though it will take 1-4 months of processing.

Alternatively you can wait to land as a PR and then file a family sponsorship application, which takes 12 months after you submit the application.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi Guys,

Answered your questions on other thread.

For 100-157 withheld, see https://bit.ly/3sajnYx

andrei92

Star Member
Jul 18, 2019
Express Entry applications
Canadian Experience Class applications

• We’re working at full capacity to process applications.
    • You may experience delays because we have a backlog of applications due to COVID-19.
  • We have started processing applications received the week of August 12, 2020
All other Express Entry applications

how come that they processing applications from August 2020, while mine is still there?

andreiger

Star Member
Apr 29, 2019
Netherlands
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-10-2019
You can get married anytime and add your spouse in your application until you land even if the COPR has been issued. Your application will be re-opened and after your spouse's documents are evaluated for medicals, criminal and security admissibility, your spouse will be added and you will be issued COPR for both you and your spouse.

Your CRS will not be recalculated.

Though it will take 1-4 months of processing.

Alternatively you can wait to land as a PR and then file a family sponsorship application, which takes 12 months after you submit the application.

Hi legalfalcon!

This is some vital information! thanks for sharing this. But are you 100% sure that CRS won't be calculated in this scenario?

I'm asking cause I'm thinking to add my girlfriend as well to my application.

When I applied in October 2019 - I stated her as "non-accompanying" because she was still studying.
But since then, ages have passed and my application is still there in progress with no updates.

She has graduated and now after this whole waiting period, with my application still not concluded, I'm thinking to add her as well.
In the gcms notes, we are both oke and passed with all the checks, although medicals expired of course.

To make her accompanying, how exactly should I do that? In my application I see a "Start again" button, but hell there's no way I'm clicking that :D

And then I'm quite sure my points will be re-calculated and I won't make it anymore above the cut-off score. I'm 33 soon so age will badly drag me down. Besides, she'll have to take IELTS, have her ECA studies by WES, new medicals etc.

During those weird times, it might still be wiser to do the sponsorship for her later on. That's of course if I ever see that PR granted to me, which I won't actually think it's going to happen.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi legalfalcon!

This is some vital information! thanks for sharing this. But are you 100% sure that CRS won't be calculated in this scenario?

I'm asking cause I'm thinking to add my girlfriend as well to my application.

When I applied in October 2019 - I stated her as "non-accompanying" because she was still studying.
But since then, ages have passed and my application is still there in progress with no updates.

She has graduated and now after this whole waiting period, with my application still not concluded, I'm thinking to add her as well.
In the gcms notes, we are both oke and passed with all the checks, although medicals expired of course.

To make her accompanying, how exactly should I do that? In my application I see a "Start again" button, but hell there's no way I'm clicking that :D

And then I'm quite sure my points will be re-calculated and I won't make it anymore above the cut-off score. I'm 33 soon so age will badly drag me down. Besides, she'll have to take IELTS, have her ECA studies by WES, new medicals etc.

During those weird times, it might still be wiser to do the sponsorship for her later on. That's of course if I ever see that PR granted to me, which I won't actually think it's going to happen.
As per IRCC:

Change in circumstance declared after an e-APR has been submitted
To assess an application under section A11.2, a processing office must consider the information in an applicant’s profile at the time of the round of invitations and the information provided when the applicant submits their e-APR. After an e-APR is submitted, an application cannot be refused due to a change in circumstance unless
  • the officer determines that the change occurred before the applicant submitted their e-APR and that the change would have caused the applicant to be refused under section A11.2: therefore, the application should be refused under section A11.2; or
  • the change in circumstance means the applicant no longer meets the minimum requirements of the program to which they are applying; therefore, the application may still meet the requirements of section A11.2 but can be refused for failing to meet program requirements.
For example, if an applicant marries before they submit their e-APR but informs IRCC of the marriage only after they submit their e-APR, the marriage can be taken into account as part of the section A11.2 assessment.
If, however, an applicant marries after they submit their e-APR, then informs IRCC of the marriage, the marriage cannot be taken into account as part of the section A11.2 assessment. However, the change in circumstance may affect whether the applicant still meets the program requirements.

See https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/assessing-electronic-application-on-section-a11-2.html

To add your spouse to your application, send a webform informing IRCC that your family composition has changed and you want to add your spouse. IRCC will send you the forms and you can fill the forms and submit them.

andreiger

Star Member
Apr 29, 2019
Netherlands
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-10-2019
That's some precious info! Thank you!

I've messaged IRCC, waiting for their response.

When I applied, I stated my partnership with girlfriend as common-law (but mentioned her as non-accompanying). There's a signed document, proof of address everything with it.
As I wouldn't want to proceed with a marriage right now, I wonder if IRCC can change her status from "non-accompanying" to "accompanying", since circumstances has changed a lot since October 2019.

She was busy with studies and that's why I put her as non-accompanying. Meanwhile she has graduated, so we can move together at any time, without the need to sponsor her later on.

Wonder if that'd be possible without any marriage documents and stuff.