17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon
Got a GU and medicals changed from "passed" to "You do not need medical exam". Any idea what does it mean?
My AOR is Oct 2019. Medical had expired on Nov 2020.

Thanks in advance.
Most likely your medicals are being reassessed. see #6,100

sud6feb

Star Member
Nov 4, 2020

pop8455

Star Member
Apr 2, 2020
I know most of the Outland applicants are having a tough time waiting endlessly for their PPRs. I found this news article to be some form of consolation in these trying times. I know it is a little generic but feels good to know that you wont have to abandon your dream of coming to Canada just because your COPR expires.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/permanent-residency-holders-stuck-abroad-will-be-able-to-come-to-canada-once-restrictions-lift-feds-say-1.5343881
Thanks for sharing this ! I hope this includes those who are approved and can see a COPR document on their GCMS notes, and not just those who have an expired COPR...

mahadwish

Oct 7, 2018
Hi,

I am October 19, 2019 AOR. Medical expired on 25 September 2020 and extended till 27 February 2021. As the medical has expired again, shall I go for re-med on my own or shall I wait for re-med instructions?

andreiger

Star Member
Apr 29, 2019
Netherlands
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-10-2019
That's some precious info! Thank you!

I've messaged IRCC, waiting for their response.

When I applied, I stated my partnership with girlfriend as common-law (but mentioned her as non-accompanying). There's a signed document, proof of address everything with it.
As I wouldn't want to proceed with a marriage right now, I wonder if IRCC can change her status from "non-accompanying" to "accompanying", since circumstances have changed a lot since October 2019.

She was busy with studies and that's why I put her as non-accompanying. Meanwhile she has graduated, so we can move together at any time, without the need to sponsor her later on.

Wonder if that'd be possible without any marriage documents, CRS recalculations and stuff.
Hello @legalfalcon

I hope you can read through this message and guide me out.
The message I've got from IRCC is absolute non-sense and that's why I'm asking for your input.

My AOR is October 2019 - FSW Outland

Hope you got time to shed some light here for me. It's absolutely unfair the fact that someone who applied as single, can get married during the period his/her PR application is processed and then simply add their partner to the application to get PR as well; while someone like me in a common-law partnership with unaccompanying partner (due to studies reasons) - cannot change my partner to accompanying since she's graduated already.

Cheers :)

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello @legalfalcon

I hope you can read through this message and guide me out.
The message I've got from IRCC is absolute non-sense and that's why I'm asking for your input.

My AOR is October 2019 - FSW Outland

Hope you got time to shed some light here for me. It's absolutely unfair the fact that someone who applied as single, can get married during the period his/her PR application is processed and then simply add their partner to the application to get PR as well; while someone like me in a common-law partnership with unaccompanying partner (due to studies reasons) - cannot change my partner to accompanying since she's graduated already.

Cheers :)
To change a partner (spouse or CL) from non-accompanying to accompanying, your CRS will be recalculated, as if your CL partner was accompanying. There is a different threshold for when an applicant files for immigration as a single (with spouse or CL partner as non-accompanying) and when immigration as married / CL (accompanying).

If you change your partner's status from non-accompanying to accompanying, the points will be recalculated and if you fall below the ITA, your application will be rejected.

When you get married during the pendency of the application, i.e. your family composition changes after submission, it is different since when you submitted your application, you knew your family composition and still decided to opt a certain way. However, without getting into whether it is right or wrong, the simple answer is, it is the law.

You can read more about it at https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/assessing-electronic-application-on-section-a11-2.html

datguytomi

Nov 3, 2020
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Accra (Moved to RROC December 2021)
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
31-10-2020
File Transfer...
02-12-2021
Passport Req..
16-03-2022
VISA ISSUED...
06-04-2022
LANDED..........
21-06-2022
Hi Guys,

I got my GCMS notes today. I had a Review Required on my file for Eligibility. Please suggest me what to do on this? @legalfalcon please suggest what are the hurdles and in what way i can clear this review required safely without having an rejections. And they hide the information related to History on the application from pages 100 to 157 with a status mention as “ pages 100 to 157 are with held pursuant to section 16(2)(c) of the access to information Act” can any one can tell me why they hide these pages on my GCMS Notes application. Was this happened to any one?

Here is the Review Required on:
https://ibb.co/RN3Rj5w
https://ibb.co/FHk59JV

Please find the links for images.

Your inputs are much appreciated.
Which of your employer was contacted? do they all have significant online presence? that could be why. Also, did you include other supporting documents to go with your application?

datguytomi

Nov 3, 2020
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Accra (Moved to RROC December 2021)
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
31-10-2020
File Transfer...
02-12-2021
Passport Req..
16-03-2022
VISA ISSUED...
06-04-2022
LANDED..........
21-06-2022
Hi @datgutomi, I didn’t get you. Could u please elaborate?
Was it all your employer (present & former) contacted or just one?

bobrovsky07

Apr 3, 2017
Hello Friends.

I have a question and would highly appreciate your suggestions.

I am an outland applicant and according to GCMS, everything is passed and just waiting for the travel restrictions to lift up to get PPR. My sister is in Canada and is a citizen. I have a tourist visa and have visited Canada a couple of times before. My sister applied for my travel exemption as an immediate family member and it got approved. So basically I can visit Canada now as a tourist. Just wondering if I go there and contact CRA and change the country of residency, is there any possibility I can get PR there. Just curious is this even an option or I am just thinking too much. Either way, I will be going to see my family in Canada soon.
If there is someone who is in the same boat and has done something like this please enlighten me.

Cheers

amyung

Star Member
Oct 12, 2019
Hello Friends.

I have a question and would highly appreciate your suggestions.

I am an outland applicant and according to GCMS, everything is passed and just waiting for the travel restrictions to lift up to get PPR. My sister is in Canada and is a citizen. I have a tourist visa and have visited Canada a couple of times before. My sister applied for my travel exemption as an immediate family member and it got approved. So basically I can visit Canada now as a tourist. Just wondering if I go there and contact CRA and change the country of residency, is there any possibility I can get PR there. Just curious is this even an option or I am just thinking too much. Either way, I will be going to see my family in Canada soon.
If there is someone who is in the same boat and has done something like this please enlighten me.

Cheers
I think you can and someone did it before and her application changed to inland and eventually got her COPR while in Canada, of course not everyone is the same but since you will be in CA anyway, why not tell them that and maybe your file will be picked.