+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>OCTOBER 2019 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

bobrovsky07

Apr 3, 2017
Hello Friends.

I have a question and would highly appreciate your suggestions.

I am an outland applicant and according to GCMS, everything is passed and just waiting for the travel restrictions to lift up to get PPR. My sister is in Canada and is a citizen. I have a tourist visa and have visited Canada a couple of times before. My sister applied for my travel exemption as an immediate family member and it got approved. So basically I can visit Canada now as a tourist. Just wondering if I go there and contact CRA and change the country of residency, is there any possibility I can get PR there. Just curious is this even an option or I am just thinking too much. Either way, I will be going to see my family in Canada soon.
If there is someone who is in the same boat and has done something like this please enlighten me.

Cheers
@legalfalcon any thought on this?
thank you

Reactions: Lithin

mahadwish

Oct 7, 2018
Just did, my 1st time doing it. But very anxious, so just wanted to see if anyone else is still waiting
AOR 19 October, 2019. Medical expired on 27 February, 2021 as per latest GCMS. File was approved in 25 September, 2020. Nothing is expected before thet travel ban lifts.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
thank you
You will have to inform IRCC and not CRA about the change of country of residence. And YEs, if you are in Canada on a tourist visa you can get a COPR while you are in Canada.

Reactions: Lithin

bobrovsky07

Apr 3, 2017
You will have to inform IRCC and not CRA about the change of country of residence. And YEs, if you are in Canada on a tourist visa you can get a COPR while you are in Canada.
Thank you for the reply. I am sorry I meant IRCC, I don't know what I was thinking when I wrote CRA. I think I am going crazy. Lol.
Thanks you again.

andrei92

Star Member
Jul 18, 2019
@legalfalcon , do you think that writing to my MP will help to FINALY get my PPR? My file passed everything in July and only final review by officer left. But seems like CPC Edmonton Don't give a shit. I'm stuck in this Limb forever. all my friends, who applied half a year after me have already received their Cards. Is there any way to force those guys to do their job?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon , do you think that writing to my MP will help to FINALY get my PPR? My file passed everything in July and only final review by officer left. But seems like CPC Edmonton Don't give a shit. I'm stuck in this Limb forever. all my friends, who applied half a year after me have already received their Cards. Is there any way to force those guys to do their job?

The MPs cannot expedite the process. They have the right under the Privacy Act to obtain your information from IRCC, within 48 hours. They can call IRCC and get the most uptown date information. In very rare cases, some MPs may decide to raise the issue before the Committee on Immigration and Citizenship, but it is on a case by case basis.

Here is my old post on the this:

An MP inquiry is not a right, rather it is a privilege given to the Member of Parliament to obtain your personal information from a federal agency.

Section 8 of the Privacy act states:

Disclosure of personal information

• 8 (1) Personal information under the control of a government institution shall not, without the consent of the individual to whom it relates, be disclosed by the institution except in accordance with this section.

Where personal information may be disclosed

(2) Subject to any other Act of Parliament, personal information under the control of a government institution may be disclosed
    (a) ...
  • (b) ...
  • (c) ...
  • (d) ...
  • (e) ...
  • (f) ...
  • (g) to a member of Parliament for the purpose of assisting the individual to whom the information relates in resolving a problem;

They can obtain your information from any federal agency within 24-48 hours. However, beyond this they cannot do anything.

Lithin

Star Member
Jul 1, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
23-12-2019
thank you
Hey, when are you planning to travel? My partner who got the exemption approval based on extended family is in the same boat.
She is travelling soon based on the visitor visa. My only worry is if airlines or airport authority in India create any problems while boarding the flight.
And yes, I have seen cases where people have gotten their PR approval after getting in the country. So hoping for the best!

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
See https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/thank-you-legalfalcon.408185/post-9295036

MARSH88

Jun 19, 2020
My exact same situation. I even sent three inquires to Edmenton office over the last 6 months through IRCC call centre but the office never respond. I reached out to my MP but nothing new came out of this. I am thinking now of sending an email to the Minister but not sure if this is a good idea.