+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>OCTOBER 2019 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

major49

Oct 1, 2019
Hi!,

I live in Michigan and I had received the passport request on 9th March. I could not send the passport as Michigan was severely affected by COVID. I had raised a webform to let them know.

Since things have opened up now, I wanted to know if CPCO Ottawa is open now and processing the passport stamping for COPR? Do you know about the processing time? I plan to travel to India in the next few months and do not want my passport to be struck there.

I'd appreciate if you can tell me your recent experiences.

Thanks in advance.

S Kennedy

Oct 1, 2016
Banff, Alberta.
Visa Office......
CIO Ottawa
Hi!,

I live in Michigan and I had received the passport request on 9th March. I could not send the passport as Michigan was severely affected by COVID. I had raised a webform to let them know.

Since things have opened up now, I wanted to know if CPCO Ottawa is open now and processing the passport stamping for COPR? Do you know about the processing time? I plan to travel to India in the next few months and do not want my passport to be struck there.

I'd appreciate if you can tell me your recent experiences.

Thanks in advance.
Best thing to do is to submit the same question to IRCC web form. They will have a right answer for your situation.

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

Socceros

Star Member
Dec 1, 2019
my aor is oct 19th 2019. its already over 6 months. i applied for gcms notes and it shows
eligibility- passed
criminality- passed
security blank
hirv blank
medicals passed
info sharing- complete

in admissibilty section it shows section 15(1). is anyone in similar situation.
I am in the same situation. I was told that this means security is done and you just need to wait for travel restrictions to get lifted.

Cp9009

Star Member
May 22, 2020
Hi... can someone tell me the link to apply gcms notes. I have a family of 3 me,my spouSe aandmy baby. Do i need to fill any form?

jvelroma

Jun 8, 2020
Would like to suggest if we write to the immi minister requesting him to at least provide any status or any future plan, that the government is considering for outland applicants, as the outland applicants are going through lot of anxiety and stress due to the delay in PPR, some of them are way past eight month mark. I know that in this covid time delays are bound to happen, but at least they must provide some plan, so that the applicants should know that they will be processed in a certain way and any expected time frame.
Totally Agree. We have already made plans based on the 6 months mark and paid our fees. They should give us an answer or at least a NEW time frame

Reactions: Rajputkaushal

andreiger

Star Member
Apr 29, 2019
Netherlands
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-10-2019
I subscribe too! Although after the survey from IRCC I received last week, I'm even more skeptical.
One of the questions was, "Where are you located at the moment and how easy it is to gather new/extra documents?"

I really hope they won't dare ask us for new or more documents.

S Kennedy

Oct 1, 2016
Banff, Alberta.
Visa Office......
CIO Ottawa
I subscribe too! Although after the survey from IRCC I received last week, I'm even more skeptical.
One of the questions was, "Where are you located at the moment and how easy it is to gather new/extra documents?"

I really hope they won't dare ask us for new or more documents.
I believe that is a generic question for IRCC to assess how hard is to get one in case if needed.

Reactions: Tanglechuu

joy857

Star Member
Dec 24, 2019
Would like to suggest if we write to the immi minister requesting him to at least provide any status or any future plan, that the government is considering for outland applicants, as the outland applicants are going through lot of anxiety and stress due to the delay in PPR, some of them are way past eight-month mark. I know that in this covid time delays are bound to happen, but at least they must provide some plan, so that the applicants should know that they will be processed in a certain way and any expected time frame.
It would be great if they could reply. I called the IRCC for an update on my passport. I gave it to them back in mid-March and still no news from them. The agent felt helpless too and gave no timeline as the immigration ports and centers are closed. It would seem that they are holding off the process since borders are closed, so even if they do send back passport/COPR, PPR, nothing much can be done. I also just heard that the US side has ceased all immigration process till the end of the year so that the unemployed in the US can pick themselves up first. AND with the fact that Covid19 cases in US are increasing so, it makes more sense to close the borders longer till the US side is under control. I'm stuck in the middle too and all I can do is wait.

Reactions: jvelroma

markramosabad

Oct 28, 2019
Hi guys. Yesterday canada visa office in UAE called me to ask if i can travel to canada soon, since my application was approved and PP are with them since March. I said yes since im eager to get the PP back, and so they sent me an email to confirm my address and contact details. They will send through courier company bec i think vfs here in Bahrain is still not back in operations. Any one here with Abu Dhabi embassy too?

sim_agent

Feb 26, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
21-10-2019
Med's Done....
08-11-2019
Hey all! I know this may not make sense from a procedural perspective. However - I got PPR today - Oct. 21 AOR, and no ghost updates that I can recollect. I called the IRCC two weeks ago, and got a general update of my application (eligibility complete, criminality complete, security in progress). No updates or ghost updates since. Then this afternoon at 4:45 PM CDT, I got the PPR email! I can't figure any logical process leading up to the PPR. Nevertheless, I appreciate all the insight from everyone in this thread, and wish you all the best!
Hi everyone - Circling back around on my original post. I got PPR on March 11, and got my passport/photos delivered to Ottawa on April 2 (I know, took longer than I expected to collect ... ).

Anyway: No news since :( I've submitted a webform on May 4, and got a very generic response. I just submitted another one on the 23rd, and have not received a response yet.

Needless to say, this is incredibly frustrating. My partner and I have been in the process of buying a house since earlier this spring, and now we're stuck not knowing when things will finally push through. I know the landing component is another issue, but we've gotten MUM from the IRCC.

I haven't read back at the ~70 pages since March 11, but I imagine many others are in a similar situation??

lanouger

Apr 15, 2020
Hi everyone - Circling back around on my original post. I got PPR on March 11, and got my passport/photos delivered to Ottawa on April 2 (I know, took longer than I expected to collect ... ).

Anyway: No news since :( I've submitted a webform on May 4, and got a very generic response. I just submitted another one on the 23rd, and have not received a response yet.

Needless to say, this is incredibly frustrating. My partner and I have been in the process of buying a house since earlier this spring, and now we're stuck not knowing when things will finally push through. I know the landing component is another issue, but we've gotten MUM from the IRCC.

I haven't read back at the ~70 pages since March 11, but I imagine many others are in a similar situation??
I'm in same situation, PPR + photos delivered mid-March, no update since

markramosabad

Oct 28, 2019
Hi guys. Yesterday canada visa office in UAE called me to ask if i can travel to canada soon, since my application was approved and PP are with them since March. I said yes since im eager to get the PP back, and so they sent me an email to confirm my address and contact details. They will send through courier company bec i think vfs here in Bahrain is still not back in operations. Any one here with Abu Dhabi embassy too?
Hi guys! Just an update, yesterday i received our passports and COPR.
Aor 27Oct2019
PPR 28Feb2020
Visa approval 16Mar2020
Expiration is 10Sept2020

Reactions: iravlad