+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***OCTOBER 2018 OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP***

hoppypuppy

Oct 10, 2018
Any October 2018 applicants still waiting? Apparently the file has been waiting in queue for a final decision since November 2019 and online status just shows background still processing. Every time I call for an update they keep telling me it’s in “queue” and calling in asking for updates basically delays them from dealing with the queue because they’re having to speak to me.... WTF are they doing honestly??!
Na my wife has been in the country since Christmas, and I thought I was the last one left in this thread because we had like a year of medicals to go through for the young kids in the application.

At several points in the process, we had doctors not submitting their reports, or they needed to do additional tests (which required me to buy plane tickets hotels etc) and they didn't tell us that we needed to do the tests etc.

The general practice I took up was to give a couple weeks to give them time to do what they needed to do, then start calling every couple of days, emailing, different people from different departments, asking questions, etc.

If you aren't making a lot of noise then these bureaucratic parasites will just leave your file to collect dust forever. A lot of people are just clock punchers at the end of the day. You need to defend your life against that. That means:

- calling a lot, escalating the calls if possible
- writing your member of parliament regarding your situation and ask them to send a letter on your behalf
- maybe look at hiring an immigration lawyer at this point
- make sure to call around a lot to different departments, even if they aren't supposed to be handling your file, you have better chances of finding someone who actually cares

It's all about finding someone who cares. Once you find them then they will have the power to move things along. The fact that you aren't finding that, indicates that you haven't found the right person yet. And thats from my experience working in call centers, its not just an immigration issue

Best of luck.

hoppypuppy

Oct 10, 2018
if you find anyone who will listen, make sure to tell them your story. the longer you can tell them your story the better. if you have them on the line for like 20-40 minutes and you are just telling them all the problems youve been having, all the better. any time you encounter someone in a roadblock position, tell them your story. not to try and entertain them. they are going to ruin your life through inaction and neglect, so you are going to force them to sit then for 40 minutes and listen to your story

its the only way to get things done

msmeleven

Oct 3, 2018
Any October 2018 applicants still waiting? Apparently the file has been waiting in queue for a final decision since November 2019 and online status just shows background still processing. Every time I call for an update they keep telling me it’s in “queue” and calling in asking for updates basically delays them from dealing with the queue because they’re having to speak to me.... WTF are they doing honestly??!
Same here. My application was submitted October 2018. All documents are completed. Decision not made yet. Background check is still in process also. I contacted the MP, she sent inquiry to IRCC and forwarded their response to me. This is the only thing that the MP did.

I am terrified and I do not know what to do.

jazzfam

Jul 23, 2020
October 2018 applicant here.
Na my wife has been in the country since Christmas, and I thought I was the last one left in this thread because we had like a year of medicals to go through for the young kids in the application.

At several points in the process, we had doctors not submitting their reports, or they needed to do additional tests (which required me to buy plane tickets hotels etc) and they didn't tell us that we needed to do the tests etc.

The general practice I took up was to give a couple weeks to give them time to do what they needed to do, then start calling every couple of days, emailing, different people from different departments, asking questions, etc.

If you aren't making a lot of noise then these bureaucratic parasites will just leave your file to collect dust forever. A lot of people are just clock punchers at the end of the day. You need to defend your life against that. That means:

- calling a lot, escalating the calls if possible
- writing your member of parliament regarding your situation and ask them to send a letter on your behalf
- maybe look at hiring an immigration lawyer at this point
- make sure to call around a lot to different departments, even if they aren't supposed to be handling your file, you have better chances of finding someone who actually cares

It's all about finding someone who cares. Once you find them then they will have the power to move things along. The fact that you aren't finding that, indicates that you haven't found the right person yet. And thats from my experience working in call centers, its not just an immigration issue

Best of luck.
October 2018 applicant here. I thought I was the only one left. The abuse and neglect by CIC have been absolutely horrendous. We've contacted multiple MPs, called, order notes, submitted multiple webforms, etc. etc. all for nothing.
Hilarious enough, this week when we tried calling several times, the hot line straight up hung up on us and didn't even put us on hold. It seems as if they just gave us all a giant eff you. We will keep fighting, but it's so hopeless. I have received multiple job offers but since we applied outland (I wasn't in Canada at the time), I can't even accept them.

fahimyaqoobi

May 27, 2019
Dubai UAE
Visa Office......
Spose Sponsorship for Permanent Residency.
NOC Code......
CPC Mississauga
Doc's Request.
NO
AOR Received.
12 OCT 2018
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
14-02-2020
Med's Request
NOT YET