Doc's Request.
12th March 2018
File Transfer...
2nd April 2019
Med's Request
7th March 2019
Med's Done....
13th March 2019
My wife and son nov 15/18 and waiting it’s taking so long wishing all the best of luck .
Hi, Nov 1st 2018 applicant still waiting, last was the pre arrival email on Oct 16th 2019.

Western Mountain Man

Nov 2, 2018
Canada
Yeah at the same time people are putting their lives on hold. Politicians speak a good game about needing immigrants but legitimately married couples are left out to dry. They are unable to trade places with a guy like me and see what life is like in my shoes, being seperated since 2014 in what, the name of "safety"? Patience for that?
Yes, many of us put our lives on hold for this process but we made that choice. Unfortunately it's not
easy for everyone and no politician cares about trading places....Maybe some just want to make a name for themselves.
Being separated since 2014 may have something to do with the slow process?
My close friend is married to girl from the Philippines and the process took 2 years for them due to a misinformed (scam) consultant.
Everything worked out and they like the weather much better in the Philippines.:cool:

Reactions: hoppypuppy

RJean

Jul 14, 2019
Hello everyone..
My wife sends the application,September11 2018,and they received it September 14.. and i did medical may 21... 7 months have passed since i did the medical exam,never got an update... im wondering if anyone can advice me,because I'm worried

Shazia0405

Star Member
Feb 10, 2019
App. Filed.......
1st November 2018
Doc's Request.
12th March 2018
File Transfer...
2nd April 2019
Med's Request
7th March 2019
Med's Done....
13th March 2019
Hello everyone..
My wife sends the application,September11 2018,and they received it September 14.. and i did medical may 21... 7 months have passed since i did the medical exam,never got an update... im wondering if anyone can advice me,because I'm worried
Hi, it's way too long wait for some of us.

I would strongly suggest you to send a web form and do mention all the dates and ask them for an update.

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp
This is the link for the web form. Note they are suppose to respond to all those who's application crossed the one year mark. They may take 5-7 days or More. You can call them too.

Good luck

hoppypuppy

Oct 10, 2018
OK so our medical was requested in Jan 2018 and approved Dec 2019, due to reasons outside everyone's control and certain protocols had to be followed, but I am happy to say that after all of that wait, Canadian Immigration has been very responsive without us needing to send them a message or anything.

We are now very rapidly moving along to COPR and in the final stages, sending them the passport etc.

So if you are waiting and have done everything right then you might be happily surprised when you finally surpass whatever hurdle you are currently facing.

Hello everyone..
You should be worried. We had complications with our medical results and this was made known to us. Then there was an entire process that we had to follow. There were tests that needed to be done, we had to book hotels and plane tickets and then even after those tests, there were mandantory 3 month waiting periods before more tests, and then more 3 month waiting periods and more tests, flights, hotels, etc etc.

If there is any medical complication detected in the medical exam you need to know about it and act on it immediately in order to get the clock ticking. The ball can be definitely left in your court. You can have a doctor that forgets to run some test, and both he and the secretaries might completely forget about it, and Canadian immigration could just be there, waiting, waiting, waiting, waiting to see what you and the doctor come back with.

Don't just wait, be proactive when it comes to the medical!

Reactions: armoured

fahimyaqoobi

May 27, 2019
Dubai UAE
Visa Office......
Spose Sponsorship for Permanent Residency.
NOC Code......
CPC Mississauga
Doc's Request.
NO
AOR Received.
12 OCT 2018
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
14-02-2020
Med's Request
NOT YET
Interview........
NO
Passport Req..
NO
VISA ISSUED...
NO
LANDED..........
No
Hello Everyone...
Finally, I connect my application with my account in CIC website, The status shows like this screenshot,
I have done one time for tourist visa the biometric on 30 May 2017.
Questions:
Do I need a biometric? As of now, I have not received any instruction yet.
Do I need Medical? As of now, I have not received any instruction yet.

I don't know what is done and what is the balance?

Best Regards

Nadster85

Oct 24, 2018
Hello Everyone...
Finally, I connect my application with my account in CIC website, The status shows like this screenshot,
I have done one time for tourist visa the biometric on 30 May 2017.
Questions:
Do I need a biometric? As of now, I have not received any instruction yet.
Do I need Medical? As of now, I have not received any instruction yet.

I don't know what is done and what is the balance?

Best Regards
Interesting the way everyone's process is different. My husband received his biometric and medical within days of one another but I still haven't received the letter showing sponsor approval. Others have already received sponsor approval or been transferred to their local vo before medical and biometric. It seems like it's all quite unpredictable.

hoppypuppy

Oct 10, 2018
OK so just about my final update.
Oct 16 2018 application received
medical requested jan 2019
complications found during medical, many plane trips, hotels, tests and xrays
Dec 4 2019 medical approved
Dec 17 everything finally approved

Everything moved along quickly, some things were approved on 9 but didnt appear until 17.

We used vfsglobal in the Philippines to handle visa and their delivery service, it was rapid like 1 or 2 days.

Everything is almost completed, we have the counterfoil in passport but wife needs to attend PDOS or spouse seminar in philippines to get the stamp she needs from the Philippine government to leave. they have appointments cancelled until the New Year

We are working on getting her here by this time next month

Thanks, happy to answer any questions and my heart goes out to you if you are still waiting as an Oct 2018 applicant. This has been a hard road

Western Mountain Man

Nov 2, 2018
Canada
OK so just about my final update.
Oct 16 2018 application received
medical requested jan 2019
complications found during medical, many plane trips, hotels, tests and xrays
Dec 4 2019 medical approved
Dec 17 everything finally approved

Everything moved along quickly, some things were approved on 9 but didnt appear until 17.

We used vfsglobal in the Philippines to handle visa and their delivery service, it was rapid like 1 or 2 days.

Everything is almost completed, we have the counterfoil in passport but wife needs to attend PDOS or spouse seminar in philippines to get the stamp she needs from the Philippine government to leave. they have appointments cancelled until the New Year

We are working on getting her here by this time next month

Thanks, happy to answer any questions and my heart goes out to you if you are still waiting as an Oct 2018 applicant. This has been a hard road
Nice Christmas present !

Having traveled on the ' hard road ' shows determination and now there is a
pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. The time will go by fast.

Why not surprise her with a Canada Goose jacket :D

Reactions: Ro34 and hoppypuppy

Marieyeyeam

Feb 20, 2019
Any October 2018 applicants still waiting? Apparently the file has been waiting in queue for a final decision since November 2019 and online status just shows background still processing. Every time I call for an update they keep telling me it’s in “queue” and calling in asking for updates basically delays them from dealing with the queue because they’re having to speak to me.... WTF are they doing honestly??!

BOSOXNATION

Nov 14, 2019
Any October 2018 applicants still waiting? Apparently the file has been waiting in queue for a final decision since November 2019 and online status just shows background still processing. Every time I call for an update they keep telling me it’s in “queue” and calling in asking for updates basically delays them from dealing with the queue because they’re having to speak to me.... WTF are they doing honestly??!
My wife and son November 2018 still waiting they are so so slow it’s terrible .