+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***OCTOBER 2018 OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP***

dmn1363

Star Member
Jan 12, 2013
I called IRCC today and the operator told me again Sydney office is still working on applications received before Oct 9, 2018.

schokolade

Dec 6, 2018
Hi
My application for Outland spousal family sponsorship was received on the 2nd of October and I haven’t heard back from them yet ...

I have 2 questions.

1. I moved to Canada a week ago and I want to change the address I wrote on the application. (The address I wrote is no longer used ...)But I haven’t even gotten application no to open an account to contact with them.
In this case, how can I tell them that my address has changed or just leave it for now until I get AOR and have the application no to open an account.
I believe they won’t send anything till the processing is further moved ...

2. According to CIC, the current processing time is 12 months.
But does it include the time till they start processing and send AOR?
I sent my application last October so I expect that my process will finish by next October according to the processing time shown on the website....

Thank you

dmn1363

Star Member
Jan 12, 2013
Hi
My application for Outland spousal family sponsorship was received on the 2nd of October and I haven’t heard back from them yet ...

I have 2 questions.

1. I moved to Canada a week ago and I want to change the address I wrote on the application. (The address I wrote is no longer used ...)But I haven’t even gotten application no to open an account to contact with them.
In this case, how can I tell them that my address has changed or just leave it for now until I get AOR and have the application no to open an account.
I believe they won’t send anything till the processing is further moved ...

2. According to CIC, the current processing time is 12 months.
But does it include the time till they start processing and send AOR?
I sent my application last October so I expect that my process will finish by next October according to the processing time shown on the website....

Thank you
1. When they send you UCI and File number, you can log in to your ECAS account and change your address.
2. 12 months starts from the date they receive your application (When you receive the AOR it mentions what date they received your application).
Also, 12 months is not written in the stone for IRCC and it can easily pass (I have an application with them for citizenship which has already passed processing time and they only told me to wait).

Cheers

laleona

Dec 10, 2018
Calgary
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
12-10-2018
I got my SA today! Fantastic!

But here's a question: how do I update my address in the application? I noticed in the letter that was sent that they have my old address. I looked over my copy of the application we submitted and it DOES have my current address! They must have pulled the old one from when I tried to get a visitor visa for my husband last year??? So weird. How can I update this? When I log on to the GC Key I don't see a spot to do that.

Janeth7789

Jul 30, 2017
Nicaragua
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
3/7/2019
AOR Received.
4/5/2019
Quick question for those of you that have already been through this.

We are submitting screenshots from our online banking for transfers that have been made back and forth. All of them are identical have both our names on them the only change is the amount and date.

The issue is they are in Spanish we are thinking of getting one certified translated and attach the rest for extra proof. Would you recommend getting each one translated? Most of our documents are in Spanish and require translation and the price is adding up.

Thoughts?

adcy

Jan 12, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Hi guys,

We've just received the email for medical request! :) The PA (my wife) is from the Philippines.

From ECAS
  1. We received your sponsorship application for ---- on October 22, 2018.
  2. We have sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application (s) on December 14, 2018.
  3. We began processing your application on December 13, 2018.
  4. Medical Request January 22
Hello, where can you see this on ecas? Sponsor or PA side?

Janeth7789

Jul 30, 2017
Nicaragua
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
3/7/2019
AOR Received.
4/5/2019
Quick question for those of you that have already been through this.
We are submitting screenshots from our online banking for transfers that have been made back and forth. All of them are identical have both our names on them the only change is the amount and date.

The issue is they are in Spanish we are thinking of getting one certified translated and attach the rest for extra proof. Would you recommend getting each one translated? Most of our documents are in Spanish and require translation and the price is adding up.

Thoughts?

veebee1

Jan 23, 2019
Hi everyone,

New to this forum, thought I'd share my timeline of the process thus far:

22 Oct, 2018: File received at CPC Sydney
11 Dec, 2018: File processing started at CPC Mississauga
12 Dec, 2018: Received AOR from CPC Mississauga
14 Jan, 2019: Received medical request
16 Jan, 2019: Medical test conducted in New Delhi
17 Jan, 2019: Received SA email
23 Jan, 2019: Medical test passed
23 Jan, 2019: File moved to New Delhi visa office for further processing

All the best to all the applicants!

Last edited:

Vijay kanth

Jan 24, 2019
Hello everyone,
File received at CPC sydney on 29oct 2018
AOR recieved on 15 Dec 2018
SA Received on 21 Dec 2018
Application processed at newdelhi on 4 jan 2019

Most of u received medicals before SA. But I haven’t received it yet! Should i be worried?

Thanks in Advance.

Last edited:

icewalker

Star Member
Dec 10, 2018
Hello everyone,
File received at CPC sydney on 29oct 2018
AOR recieved on 15 Dec 2018
SA Received on 21 Dec 2018
Application processed at newdelhi on 4 jan 2019

Most of u received medicals before SA. But I haven’t received it yet! Should i be worried?

Thanks in Advance.
Nothing to worry about. It's perfectly normal.
Most of the applications that I have seen actually gets done that way: SA first and then medicals.

schokolade

Dec 6, 2018
1. When they send you UCI and File number, you can log in to your ECAS account and change your address.
2. 12 months starts from the date they receive your application (When you receive the AOR it mentions what date they received your application).
Also, 12 months is not written in the stone for IRCC and it can easily pass (I have an application with them for citizenship which has already passed processing time and they only told me to wait).

Cheers
Thank you so much !!!

justpassingby

Dec 26, 2018
Montreal
Many November applicant got their AOR1 (ref. excel document), while there are still a few from october who don't have any news...
It is becoming stressfull, because if it takes over 3 months to get the first AOR, and over 10 months to get news from the VO (our corresponding VO is one of the slowest), there is no way we finish the process in 12 months.

On this note, congrats for those who received their aor1.

Western Mountain Man

Nov 2, 2018
Canada
Many November applicant got their AOR1 (ref. excel document), while there are still a few from october who don't have any news...
It is becoming stressfull, because if it takes over 3 months to get the first AOR, and over 10 months to get news from the VO (our corresponding VO is one of the slowest), there is no way we finish the process in 12 months.

On this note, congrats for those who received their aor1.
Yes, and what's really strange is when you call them the agent tells you they are
working up to Oct. 9th applications. What's that about???
There must be some ' turbulence ' at Sydney.

Don't stress....I am sure yours is there. They don't get paid to loose things!
Maybe it will go faster once you receive AOR and depending on your specific details.
Try giving them a call with your with your paid receipt number.
See what you can find out.
Hang in there