+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***OCTOBER 2018 OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP***

maria1994

Star Member
Dec 7, 2018
After that what's next?? How long u will have to wait before u can finally go there
My husband is submitting his passport tomorrow then I think it's 3-5 working days to get it back with his visa and COPR. He will then attend a seminar at Commission on Filipino Overseas (PDOS or GCP). Then he can come to Canada anytime after that. :D

olivia4830

Sep 16, 2018
My husband is submitting his passport tomorrow then I think it's 3-5 working days to get it back with his visa and COPR. He will then attend a seminar at Commission on Filipino Overseas (PDOS or GCP). Then he can come to Canada anytime after that. :D
Wow nice..im just wondering why did it take less than 4 months to sponsor ur husband to canada?

Eighty six

Star Member
Nov 22, 2018
Everything seems fast for u I thought it will took 1 year for sponsorship

maria1994

Star Member
Dec 7, 2018
Wow nice..im just wondering why did it take less than 4 months to sponsor ur husband to canada?
That, I don't know. CPC-Mississauga processed and finalized our application (was not transferred to Manila), so I'm guessing they are faster.
Like I've said in this forum before, the factors that may have POSSIBLY contributed to the speedy process is the fact that our application is very very straightforward. No previous marriage, no dependants, Sponsor is in Canada, we had a complete application (they didn't ask for any other documents aside from medical exam), provided solid proof of our relationship (we've know each other since we were kids lol), we are in our early 20s so not much happened in our life yet.

But still, I don't know how and what they are looking for in processing these applications, so I think we were just really lucky.

Reactions: SophieRstr

olivia4830

Sep 16, 2018
That, I don't know. CPC-Mississauga processed and finalized our application (was not transferred to Manila), so I'm guessing they are faster.
Like I've said in this forum before, the factors that may have POSSIBLY contributed to the speedy process is the fact that our application is very very straightforward. No previous marriage, no dependants, Sponsor is in Canada, we had a complete application (they didn't ask for any other documents aside from medical exam), provided solid proof of our relationship (we've know each other since we were kids lol), we are in our early 20s so not much happened in our life yet.

But still, I don't know how and what they are looking for in processing these applications, so I think we were just really lucky.
Nice..we are kinda similar but the thing with me is my wife and i have a baby together and she will be a year old this may and she in the philippines..she is not a dependant because she might get her canadian passport maybe at the end of the month

maria1994

Star Member
Dec 7, 2018
Nice..we are kinda similar but the thing with me is my wife and i have a baby together and she will be a year old this may and she in the philippines..she is not a dependant because she might get her canadian passport maybe at the end of the month
I see, hopefully yours will be processed faster too! What is your timeline? Did you receive a transfer email?

olivia4830

Sep 16, 2018
I see, hopefully yours will be processed faster too! What is your timeline? Did you receive a transfer email?
What is a transfer email?

Sent the application via purolator from ottawa to sydney oct 17th they got it oct 18th

1. We received your application on October 18, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on December 14, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on December 13, 2018.
But last jan 18th the ecas changed on the sponsor application status from in process to decison made..so i called cic and they said im eligible..the agent said i will receive an approval letter in the mail..

maria1994

Star Member
Dec 7, 2018
What is a transfer email?

Sent the application via purolator from ottawa to sydney oct 17th they got it oct 18th

1. We received your application on October 18, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on December 14, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on December 13, 2018.
But last jan 18th the ecas changed on the sponsor application status from in process to decison made..so i called cic and they said im eligible..the agent said i will receive an approval letter in the mail..
Ah okay, eventually you will get an email saying which visa office your application will be processed in, so that’s either Mississauga or Manila (or maybe other local visa office i’m not aware of). Hopefully Mississauga too! Goodluck!

SophieRstr

Star Member
Oct 18, 2018
France
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
AOR Received.
2018-08-02
File Transfer...
24-12-2018
Med's Request
12-12-2018
Med's Done....
01-01-2019

Wow, that's fast! Congrats! :)
Our app was sent to Mississauga instead of Paris and our situation is similar to yours. Hope process gonna be faster too! (we're going to Québec so we are waiting for the CSQ now)

olivia4830

Sep 16, 2018
Ah okay, eventually you will get an email saying which visa office your application will be processed in, so that’s either Mississauga or Manila (or maybe other local visa office i’m not aware of). Hopefully Mississauga too! Goodluck![/QUOTE
Wow, that's fast! Congrats! :)
Our app was sent to Mississauga instead of Paris and our situation is similar to yours. Hope process gonna be faster too! (we're going to Québec so we are waiting for the CSQ now)
When I called cic, ours too was transferred to missisauga from sydney.

olivia4830

Sep 16, 2018
Ah okay, eventually you will get an email saying which visa office your application will be processed in, so that’s either Mississauga or Manila (or maybe other local visa office i’m not aware of). Hopefully Mississauga too! Goodluck!
Who will get the email? My wife or me?