+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***OCTOBER 2018 OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP***

mkharoon1

Jan 22, 2019
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Guys i really need an advise from you all.

I sent my outland spousal sponsorship file to CPC Nova Scotia in Sep, 2018 and they received it on 25th Sep, 2018 (Canada Post Tracking). Until today i have not heard from them nor received any email about my application number. Even ecas is not active yet. I really don't know what to do and its 4 months since i made the submission.

Is someone else in a similar situation and any advise for me to proceed. Thank you.

franciss

Jan 22, 2019
Hi guys,

We've just received the email for medical request! :) The PA (my wife) is from the Philippines.

From ECAS
  1. We received your sponsorship application for ---- on October 22, 2018.
  2. We have sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application (s) on December 14, 2018.
  3. We began processing your application on December 13, 2018.
  4. Medical Request January 22

Reactions: maria1994

olivia4830

Sep 16, 2018
Hi guys,

We've just received the email for medical request! :) The PA (my wife) is from the Philippines.

From ECAS
  1. We received your sponsorship application for ---- on October 22, 2018.
  2. We have sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application (s) on December 14, 2018.
  3. We began processing your application on December 13, 2018.
  4. Medical Request January 22
Parehas rin timeline natin brad..congrats

Reactions: franciss

olivia4830

Sep 16, 2018
Awesome! I (sponsor) got the "Application will be processed at CPC-Mississauga" email the day after we got the medical request.
Thanks, to get an appointment at IOM does it take awhile or they take u in right away? Also i read the requirements on the medical, it says to provide 4 recent photos..Is this needed? Thanks so much

maria1994

Star Member
Dec 7, 2018
Thanks, to get an appointment at IOM does it take awhile or they take u in right away? Also i read the requirements on the medical, it says to provide 4 recent photos..Is this needed? Thanks so much
My husband booked his appointment on January 8 and was able to get appointment on the 10th, it depends on their availability I guess.
Yes, all those are needed. Once you've set an appointment, IOM will also send you an email/text on what to bring

Reactions: franciss

icewalker

Star Member
Dec 10, 2018
My husband is submitting his passport tomorrow then I think it's 3-5 working days to get it back with his visa and COPR. He will then attend a seminar at Commission on Filipino Overseas (PDOS or GCP). Then he can come to Canada anytime after that. :D

What's that seminar for?

olivia4830

Sep 16, 2018
My husband booked his appointment on January 8 and was able to get appointment on the 10th, it depends on their availability I guess.
Yes, all those are needed. Once you've set an appointment, IOM will also send you an email/text on what to bring
Ahh ok thanks so much..il tell my wife this :)

Reactions: maria1994

Western Mountain Man

Nov 2, 2018
Canada
Guys i really need an advise from you all.

I sent my outland spousal sponsorship file to CPC Nova Scotia in Sep, 2018 and they received it on 25th Sep, 2018 (Canada Post Tracking). Until today i have not heard from them nor received any email about my application number. Even ecas is not active yet. I really don't know what to do and its 4 months since i made the submission.

Is someone else in a similar situation and any advise for me to proceed. Thank you.
Yes, that's a long time without any information.
You are not alone....Seems Sydney office is having some issues with processing?

Give IRCC a call and see what you can find out.
Be prepared to be on hold for some time ( if you get through) and have your payment receipt ready for verification.
Some applications go fast and some go slow depending on PA's country and processing centre.
Just make sure they have your application.
Relax.......Don't stress.

Western Mountain Man

Nov 2, 2018
Canada
Its normal 4 us to get anxious and 4 them to delay even 1st AOR as too much workloads in Sydney. I met a July guy has no AOR yet. may try logging in with payment rcpt no. in Ecas
Hey singleman,
You have many good posts with your experience helping applicants.
What do you think?

Too much workload in Sydney causing no AOR's for many?
They should be at least communicating that with all the waiting applicants to prevent " anxious " worry etc.
Many spouses anxiously waiting in other countries don't understand and can read the forums here.
They see the fast ones going through and think something is wrong..... Causing anxiety.
Not good for future Canadian families.

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Hey singleman,
You have many good posts with your experience helping applicants.
What do you think?

Too much workload in Sydney causing no AOR's for many?
They should be at least communicating that with all the waiting applicants to prevent " anxious " worry etc.
Many spouses anxiously waiting in other countries don't understand and can read the forums here.
They see the fast ones going through and think something is wrong..... Causing anxiety.
Not good for future Canadian families.
There's no reason for them to communicate. It wouldn't change people's anxiety anyway. Not sure what you're talking about with "not good for future Canadian families". The target timeline is 12 months, they make no promises around AOR.

We knew there would be some turbulence switching from CPC-M to CPC-S. Hopefully it gets a bit smoother as time goes on.

Western Mountain Man

Nov 2, 2018
Canada
There's no reason for them to communicate. It wouldn't change people's anxiety anyway. Not sure what you're talking about with "not good for future Canadian families". The target timeline is 12 months, they make no promises around AOR.

We knew there would be some turbulence switching from CPC-M to CPC-S. Hopefully it gets a bit smoother as time goes on.
Thanks for your fast reply.
In my opinion If there was more transparency there would be much less anxiety.
I am sure they are working as hard as they can at Sydney with the turbulence.
Hopefully it gets smoother as time goes on especially for anxious Canadian families!

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Thanks for your fast reply.
In my opinion If there was more transparency there would be much less anxiety.
I am sure they are working as hard as they can at Sydney with the turbulence.
Hopefully it gets smoother as time goes on especially for anxious Canadian families!
People say that, but honestly, they've really been working to improve the process and transparency. It used to be much worse.