+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***OCTOBER 2018 OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP***

dmn1363

Star Member
Jan 12, 2013
Application received in Sydney NS on October 18, 2018. Not a peep since- It's been 83 days. Nothing on E-cas and cannot link the application on GCkey either. Tried calling CIC several times with no luck in connecting with an agent. Too early to start panicking?
My application also received on 18 Oct to Sydney. I haven't heard anything yet neither. I assume some of the people here either are inland applicant or sent their applications to Mississauga (which is seemingly works around the clock).

SJK90

Nov 1, 2018
Mine is Oct 26th. I was beginning to think I was the only one. A ton of people have been hearing about their apps in the October group, but not me. I called the automated line as I have a temp file #, and today it said, my app has been recieved, and then tried transferring me to an agent, with no luck. I'm starting to feel hopeless.
Same here! Applied on October 26th, still haven’t heard anything. The wait is long and painful :(

kent_olsen

Jan 8, 2019
Application received in Sydney NS on October 18, 2018. Not a peep since- It's been 83 days. Nothing on E-cas and cannot link the application on GCkey either. Tried calling CIC several times with no luck in connecting with an agent. Too early to start panicking?
Took us around 3 months to hear anything

s.abuhass

Star Member
Mar 7, 2016
From what I am seeing, it seems like Sydney office is taking too long. We called after 75 days and they said they can't find the file and then called again to tell us that we should wait till mid January for the AOR since we are not given a priority. But we managed to get the AOR before the 2nd week of January. Be patient and positive. that's all you can do for now!
good luck!

cantthinkofaname

Star Member
May 18, 2018
My application is outland, but I did mail it from Ottawa if that makes any difference.

Also, I did some digging and found that you can submit your passport in Canada if you are already here, when it gets to that stage.

MuAn

Star Member
Aug 8, 2018
My application is outland, but I did mail it from Ottawa if that makes any difference.

Also, I did some digging and found that you can submit your passport in Canada if you are already here, when it gets to that stage.
Yes you can submit your passport in Canada
The only thing that if you have interview you have to go back

Reactions: singleman

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
are you guys inland? I dont know why they are sending apploications to missisauga for outland,they should be sent to PA's country.
I think they wrote files were sent to Mississauga by IRCC which their decision not applicants or sponsor's

is801

Star Member
Jul 19, 2012
I think they wrote files were sent to Mississauga by IRCC which their decision not applicants or sponsor's
yeah but why are they sending applications to missisauga, my understanding is for outland aplications they transfer file to PA's country after medical

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
yeah but why are they sending applications to missisauga, my understanding is for outland aplications they transfer file to PA's country after medical
SOME less complicated files are selected under an OBO to be finalized right here in Canada. Call it work sharing program. File would eventually end up going to applicant's VO for VISA stamping and records.

Reactions: icewalker

laleona

Dec 10, 2018
Calgary
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
12-10-2018
There is a new BIOMETRICS requirement for applicants from Asia and the Americas that just came into effect on December 31st 2018.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/campaigns/biometrics/facts.html

Depending on your nationality, you may already need to give your biometrics.
  • Since July 31, 2018 – applicants from Europe, Middle East and Africa
  • Starting December 31, 2018 – applicants from Asia, Asia Pacific and the Americas

I am just wondering if this new requirement as of December 31st applies to those of us from Asia & Americas who currently have applications being processed BEFORE that date will be asked to take biometrics sometime in the future before our applications are approved or it only applies to those who apply AFTER that date? It costs $85Cdn per person. It is no big deal for us either way but just curious if anyone knows.

Hi There! I answered this a few days ago. I called Immigration Canada and they said that our applications will not be penalized nor slowed down for lack of biometrics or lack of biometrics fee paid. However, it may be in the future that the Applicant is given a notice to provide Biometrics, and instructions on how to do so.

laleona

Dec 10, 2018
Calgary
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
12-10-2018
Yes - too early. Last week they were officially processing applications accepted on October 9th. I submitted October 12th and still nothing.

Reactions: dmn1363

PeacefulMan

Star Member
May 2, 2017
I have “Decision Made” under Sponsor on the ECAS but no email from them.

Clicking on the link doesn’t give any information either.
I'm reading few times the word "ECAS", what is that? I sent the application and was received on October 01 st, and no news from them since.