+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***OCTOBER 2018 OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP***

pinkribbons01

Star Member
Jan 18, 2019
It seems that most people here have already received their VISAS. We just got the medical exam requests for my husband and stepson - 6 months from the time we submitted - and there was absolutely NOTHING on the ECAS or GCKey up until today.
Noticed that too. But most october applicants who received their dm/ppr are all coming from cpcm. Most of those transferred to local vo are still waiting (ours included)

Let’s hang in there and trust the perfect timing:):)

laleona

Dec 10, 2018
Calgary
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
12-10-2018
Noticed that too. But most october applicants who received their dm/ppr are all coming from cpcm. Most of those transferred to local vo are still waiting (ours included)

Let’s hang in there and trust the perfect timing:):)
I believe that our file is still in Mississauga. Havana is a challenging place right now - skeleton staff at the embassy.

Western Mountain Man

Nov 2, 2018
Canada
The timeline says 12 months?
But It seems if your application was processed initially in Mississauga then it moves faster especially for Oct. applicants.
Also the speed seems dependent on the PA's country of origin. If file transferred to the local visa office there is good chance
of other country specific and background check delays. Just process like Cattle...Everyone gets an ear tag with a number. Hopefully you can meet their criteria upfront and not get put in the slow line. Many have already received their Visa's from Oct. and are together with their loved ones.:)

Every day that passes is a day closer

Last edited:

laleona

Dec 10, 2018
Calgary
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
12-10-2018
The timeline says 12 months?
But It seems if your application was processed initially in Mississauga then it moves faster especially for Oct. applicants.
Also the speed seems dependent on the PA's country of origin. If file transferred to the local visa office there is good chance
of other country specific and background check delays. Just process like Cattle...Everyone gets an ear tag with a number. Hopefully you can meet their criteria upfront and not get put in the slow line. Many have already received their Visa's from Oct. and are together with their loved ones.:)

Every day that passes is a day closer
What I have been hearing from others in the Cuba stream, is that Mississauga is processing almost everything, and only sending the file to Havana for issuing the VISA - once everything is in order. Just one month ago my file was in Mississauga, so I suspect it is still there. The timeline says approx 6 months more. Feeling a bit more hopeful than I was before, but I understand the challenges with Cuba. I think it helps that we are both the same age (and middle-aged) and have an 8 year old. We have some history lol

Western Mountain Man

Nov 2, 2018
Canada
What I have been hearing from others in the Cuba stream, is that Mississauga is processing almost everything, and only sending the file to Havana for issuing the VISA - once everything is in order. Just one month ago my file was in Mississauga, so I suspect it is still there. The timeline says approx 6 months more. Feeling a bit more hopeful than I was before, but I understand the challenges with Cuba. I think it helps that we are both the same age (and middle-aged) and have an 8 year old. We have some history lol
Looks like things are moving forward.
And feeling hopeful is a good sign....You may be surprised soon.

Reactions: dorkismalorkis

oxana2005

Feb 26, 2019
It seems that most people here have already received their VISAS. We just got the medical exam requests for my husband and stepson - 6 months from the time we submitted - and there was absolutely NOTHING on the ECAS or GCKey up until today.
You are not alone, I also got my medical request after 6 months and a week from the time of submission from London visa office.

SJK90

Nov 1, 2018
Hello everyone!

My husband's file was transferred to the visa office in Sri Lanka about a month ago, and today we received a request to re-submit the Schedule A - Background Declaration form with additional information. According to the letter, we can submit the document online through the GCKey; however it requires my husband's signature (principal applicant) at the end of the document. Does anyone know if an electronic signature alone is acceptable or whether he needs to have a handwritten signature as well? I know that when we originally submitted all the documents to CIC in Canada, they required both on the Schedule A form, however how does it work after it has been transferred to the visa office of the PA?

svilli

Jan 15, 2019
Hello everyone!

My husband's file was transferred to the visa office in Sri Lanka about a month ago, and today we received a request to re-submit the Schedule A - Background Declaration form with additional information. According to the letter, we can submit the document online through the GCKey; however it requires my husband's signature (principal applicant) at the end of the document. Does anyone know if an electronic signature alone is acceptable or whether he needs to have a handwritten signature as well? I know that when we originally submitted all the documents to CIC in Canada, they required both on the Schedule A form, however how does it work after it has been transferred to the visa office of the PA?
I think, you can ask your husband to sign form, then scan it and send it to you.

pinkribbons01

Star Member
Jan 18, 2019
Hello everyone!

I think you can still submit via gckey even if it was transferred to local VO..

Skipper48

Star Member
Feb 27, 2018
Timeline

AOR- Oct 1-2018

Dec 21-2018-Application for Permanent Residence forwarded to the visa office in Manila for further processing.

Medical Request- Jan 16-2019

Additional Docs Requested (Advisory on Marriages issued by PSA) Jan 16-2019

Medical Received Jan 22-2019

Pre Arrival Services March 6-2019

PPR still waiting.

According to the automated CIC information line on my wife's application they told us the following.

-You passed the medical

-We received the additional doc

-You do not need to submit biometrics

-You do not need an interview

-Background check is in process