+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****October 2018**** INLAND SPOUSE SPONSORSHIP

Ashie

Star Member
Oct 17, 2012
and so I called CIC today and the agent told me, it's really still on BGC and that's all. They don't need any additional documents and I just need to be patient. So yeah. I'll be waiting for an update next week I guess.

Jezucilla

Star Member
Oct 26, 2018
and so I called CIC today and the agent told me, it's really still on BGC and that's all. They don't need any additional documents and I just need to be patient. So yeah. I'll be waiting for an update next week I guess.
I’m in the same stage, and I think we have very similar timelines. I hope we have good news soon! Enjoy your weekend :)

baimmeb

Nov 21, 2016
Calgary, AB
yeah so i called cic the other day in morning they told me i was still on BGC stage .. and few hours later i got Eligibility passed AIP and DM the second day .. so anything can happen ..

aus4

Star Member
Feb 7, 2018
Did you ask if security is done yet? Thats what I asked when I called them and the lady told me security is done now its criminality that is being processed

Ashie

Star Member
Oct 17, 2012
I’m in the same stage, and I think we have very similar timelines. I hope we have good news soon! Enjoy your weekend :)
my application was received Oct.26, so i guess I shouldn't be ranting everyday like it was received on the first day of oct. and not having any update at this point. :D
Have a good weekend too. :)

Ashie

Star Member
Oct 17, 2012
Did you ask if security is done yet? Thats what I asked when I called them and the lady told me security is done now its criminality that is being processed
unfortunately no.:eek: it just feel like listening to the automated thingy because even at the start of the conversation he already told me that he can't give me much info, I even asked when was my BGC started he just told me "It was started" and that there is nothing blocking my application so I just have to wait patiently.

Reactions: baimmeb

aus4

Star Member
Feb 7, 2018
unfortunately no.:eek: it just feel like listening to the automated thingy because even at the start of the conversation he already told me that he can't give me much info, I even asked when was my BGC started he just told me "It was started" and that there is nothing blocking my application so I just have to wait patiently.
seems like agents vary! the lady I talked to was super nice! she was able to pull out my info including when they started background check. In the end it does not really matter you will get good news very soon!

Reactions: Ashie and baimmeb

Ashie

Star Member
Oct 17, 2012
seems like agents vary! the lady I talked to was super nice! she was able to pull out my info including when they started background check. In the end it does not really matter you will get good news very soon!
he's also nice but doesn't give much info. He sent me email of the processing time. :D:D:D
I agree! we just have to wait and pray for a good news for next week.

Reactions: aus4 and baimmeb

AMBriers

Star Member
Sep 23, 2018
Just got the online letter comfirming that my permanent residency has been approved! They have given me the choice of presenting myself to either the office in Halifax (NS) or Fredericton (NB) without appointment! I made it! I hope all that aren't quite there yet will get their wait awarded soon also! :D

baimmeb

Nov 21, 2016
Calgary, AB
Just got the online letter comfirming that my permanent residency has been approved! They have given me the choice of presenting myself to either the office in Halifax (NS) or Fredericton (NB) without appointment! I made it! I hope all that aren't quite there yet will get their wait awarded soon also! :D
i like without appointment !!!!! nice !!! congrats !!!

Reactions: Ashie

AMBriers

Star Member
Sep 23, 2018
i like without appointment !!!!! nice !!! congrats !!!
Thanks!

It actually reads:

"Your application for permanent residence in Canada has now been approved. This includes you and each family member on the application that is accompanying you to Canada.
Please note that your Permanent Residency must be finalized prior to the expiry date of your Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CoPR), which will expire on: January 4, 2020.
You must present yourself to one of our offices within 30 days from the date of this letter.
We are pleased to offer you a new option for confirming your permanent residence. You may now present yourself without an appointment to one of the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada offices listed below, within the time ranges indicated:"