+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****October 2018**** INLAND SPOUSE SPONSORSHIP

Ashie

Star Member
Oct 17, 2012
Just got the online letter comfirming that my permanent residency has been approved! They have given me the choice of presenting myself to either the office in Halifax (NS) or Fredericton (NB) without appointment! I made it! I hope all that aren't quite there yet will get their wait awarded soon also! :D
Wow Congrats!:)

Reactions: baimmeb

Mark Robinson

Star Member
Oct 21, 2018
After submitting the Police Certificate as requested since the 15 April, 2019, I am yet to receive anything further correspondence, even when I received an email yesterday from the officer confirming to have received this document (Police Certificate), my application is still showing informations below:

ECAS:
SA...…...DM
PA...…. In Process

GCkey:
Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results: You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents: We need additional documents to continue processing your application. We will send you a message with more details.
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

I am confused, because almost everyone in October had gotten feedback. I do not know where I am right now!!

luckyrabbit13

Apr 26, 2019
I don’t know if it helps but I’m an August applicant and I’m stuck exactly where you are — not even a police certificate request, though. Just SA and Medical Results Received (medical done in November).

Is your correspondence coming from the Montreal Hub? A lot of us seem to be stuck there with no updates. You’re not alone at least... hopefully things move soon!

After submitting the Police Certificate as requested since the 15 April, 2019, I am yet to receive anything further correspondence, even when I received an email yesterday from the officer confirming to have received this document (Police Certificate), my application is still showing informations below:

ECAS:
SA...…...DM
PA...…. In Process

GCkey:
Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of additional documents: We need additional documents to continue processing your application. We will send you a message with more details.
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

I am confused, because almost everyone in October had gotten feedback. I do not know where I am right now!!

Geno.uss

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2018

ECAS:
SA...…...DM
PA...…. In Process

GCkey:

They're still running your background check since they recently requested a police certificate
You'll get eligibility approval once the background check is done

Geno.uss

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2018
I don’t know if it helps but I’m an August applicant and I’m stuck exactly where you are — not even a police certificate request, though. Just SA and Medical Results Received (medical done in November).

Is your correspondence coming from the Montreal Hub? A lot of us seem to be stuck there with no updates. You’re not alone at least... hopefully things move soon!
He's not living in Quebec so his situation is different from yours
Unfortunately most Quebec applicants are not experiencing fast processing because Quebec is being selective and they have a specific number set up for how many applicants they want to approve

luckyrabbit13

Apr 26, 2019
I’m not in Quebec either — multiple applicants from different provinces and different months (June and August for sure and I assume others too) have had their files transferred, not sure why. But a lot of them seem to go slowly once stuck there.
He's not living in Quebec so his situation is different from yours
Unfortunately all Quebec applicants are not experiencing fast processing because Quebec is being selective and they have a specific number set up for how many applicants they want to approve

Reactions: barsarah

Jazzercise

Sep 25, 2018
Canada
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
26-10-2018
AOR Received.
10-11-2018
Med's Request
07-01-2019
Med's Done....
17-01-2019

ECAS:
SA...…...DM
PA...…. In Process

GCkey:

This forum is a small sample size of those going through this immigration process, so no, not everyone from the October pool has gotten feedback. I'm one of those here who hasn't received much of anything. I know several others outside of this forum who are in similar situations to mine.

You just got direct feedback yesterday confirming the police certificate was received. Your app is moving along. Take it easy, your time with great news will come.

Geno.uss

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2018
I’m not in Quebec either — multiple applicants from different provinces and different months (June and August for sure and I assume others too) have had their files transferred, not sure why. But a lot of them seem to go slowly once stuck there.
once the file gets transferred to a local office, that means they are looking more into the file either due to security reasons or they are having doubts in the genuity of the relationship (maybe due to insufficient proofs..) , there is going to be delays for sure and they might request additional documents or a relationship interview

Last edited:

Mark Robinson

Star Member
Oct 21, 2018
This forum is a small sample size of those going through this immigration process, so no, not everyone from the October pool has gotten feedback. I'm one of those here who hasn't received much of anything. I know several others outside of this forum who are in similar situations to mine.

You just got direct feedback yesterday confirming the police certificate was received. Your app is moving along. Take it easy, your time with great news will come.

May be am just a little bit down with anxiety, I have no choice than to wait and exercise patient as you have mentioned.

Thanks and to Everyone!

Jessica_D

Star Member
Jan 9, 2018
Winnipeg
Hang in there, everybody.

Also, thank goodness for these forums. I can’t imagine how cuckoo I would be going if I couldn’t commiserate with others dealing with the same thing! :confused::)

aus4

Star Member
Feb 7, 2018
May be am just a little bit down with anxiety, I have no choice than to wait and exercise patient as you have mentioned.

Thanks and to Everyone!
Mans! at least you have review of eligibility started! be patient some of us are still waiting hoping someday they will start eligibility.

Jazzercise

Sep 25, 2018
Canada
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
26-10-2018
AOR Received.
10-11-2018
Med's Request
07-01-2019
Med's Done....
17-01-2019
Hang in there, everybody.

Also, thank goodness for these forums. I can’t imagine how cuckoo I would be going if I couldn’t commiserate with others dealing with the same thing! :confused::)
It's certainly a ride with many ups and downs! I'm about to log off this forum, not think about immigration, and enjoy the weekend. Haha.

Reactions: aus4 and Jessica_D