+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****October 2018**** INLAND SPOUSE SPONSORSHIP

Geno.uss

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2018
Yes, I mentioned in application that I submitted my application for extension and I also included a copy for proofs. When I spoke to the agent, she said, the only way I would get the OWP is when the visitor extension has been approved or I would have to wait till AIP (of which the owp will no longer be needed if I have been approved in principle).
Did you do an inquiry? Did you hear anything new about your applications?

Roch6219

Star Member
Aug 4, 2018
Hi all,

My wife OWP got approved today. Spoke to CIC agent about travelling outside Canada while her Inland application is in process. As per the agent, She can leave Canada and return back if she holds OWP and a valid TRV (Multiple Entry) and it wont affect her application.

Did anyone faced this issue/concern before?
Owp alone does not permit you to re enter canada. You need to apply for a new temporary resident visa. I did mine online and got approve in one day. Now im waiting my passport to come back

Reactions: K3nda

pratik199

Jan 21, 2019
Anyone from Quebec here? How much time it takes to receive Medical request after getting CSQ. its been more then a Month since I have my CSQ and I still don't see any change in status. From what I can see by looking at other profiles it should have been requested in 1-2 weeks....I applied on October 26.

Betabr

Mar 21, 2018
Anyone from Quebec here? How much time it takes to receive Medical request after getting CSQ. its been more then a Month since I have my CSQ and I still don't see any change in status. From what I can see by looking at other profiles it should have been requested in 1-2 weeks....I applied on October 26.
Hi, medical request is not related to csq, applicants from October received MR in December and January. Haven't you send one upfront?

pratik199

Jan 21, 2019
Hi, medical request is not related to csq, applicants from October received MR in December and January. Haven't you send one upfront?
According to cic here:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/medical-exams/requirements-permanent-residents.html

Upfront medical exams are not possible anymore, I have seen many people on this forum received medical in December or January but haven't seen anyone from Quebec. Are there any procedure or forms which enables me to get medical in advance or maybe I am missing something which inline with Quebec application process?

andreajuliet27

Nov 11, 2018
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga

Hi! I'm also from Quebec and I haven't got the medical request neither. I got my CSQ a month ago, my OWP a week ago, and my Background check started last tuesday.. but still no sign of MR.. I called CIC to ask about it and they told me it happens like this in some cases and we might get the MR after.. and it doesn't affect any other part of the process :)

Reactions: Betabr

pratik199

Jan 21, 2019
Hi! I'm also from Quebec and I haven't got the medical request neither. I got my CSQ a month ago, my OWP a week ago, and my Background check started last tuesday.. but still no sign of MR.. I called CIC to ask about it and they told me it happens like this in some cases and we might get the MR after.. and it doesn't affect any other part of the process :)
I see... That's good to know. Do you mind sharing what does your background check status says? Mine is still same, did you receive any email when your status got change? Thanks!

Betabr

Mar 21, 2018
According to cic here:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/medical-exams/requirements-permanent-residents.html

Upfront medical exams are not possible anymore, I have seen many people on this forum received medical in December or January but haven't seen anyone from Quebec. Are there any procedure or forms which enables me to get medical in advance or maybe I am missing something which inline with Quebec application process?
I am from Quebec, I sent my app for pR in October, Aor and request for csq in October as well, csq approved in December and medical request december... if you didnt receive MR yet it is really weird.

Betabr

Mar 21, 2018
You are right! I told him it is weird but actually some June applicants are still waiting for MR and it didnt affect the processing time.