Feb 26, 2018
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
AOR Received.
30-10-2018
can anyone post when did their BGC start?
Apparently ours has started, but we have no idea when. Ecas and GCKey don't show any change, but I called the automated self-serve phone system, and it said the background check was in progress. I checked a few days ago, and it had started by then.

Reactions: baimmeb

baimmeb

Nov 21, 2016
Calgary, AB
Apparently ours has started, but we have no idea when. Ecas and GCKey don't show any change, but I called the automated self-serve phone system, and it said the background check was in progress. I checked a few days ago, and it had started by then.
yeah i figured that out too... i couldnt call since im outside canada right now... ill try to make a call when i get back to canada next month tho ...
dont understand why it wont show up on MyCIC Account anymore ...weird..

AMBriers

Star Member
Sep 23, 2018
OWP approved. January 31.
App received: october 03, 2018.
Waiting for the hard copy in the mail now.
I heard people talking about SIN before apply for a job. What is SIN and how to get it please.
Congrats on the OWP! I pretty much just had to suggest my resignation to my company as my leave of absence period is nearly expired. Still hoping for a very last minute miracle (I'm also October 3rd applicant according to the GCKey apparently). At least we know they are working on OWPs still! :)

SIN is Social Insurance Number. You will need to go to a Service Canada office with your physical permit for them to give you your SIN. You need a SIN in order to legally work in Canada.

Reactions: Roch6219

Oct2018

Jan 31, 2019
I heard people talking about SIN before apply for a job. What is SIN and how to get it please.
Congratulations good to know that they are still working on OWPs

alinas42

Sep 26, 2018
Hey Congrat on getting the work permit. About the SIN (Social Insurance Number), just go to Service Canada office and ask for it based on your work permit. They will guide you and give you one.

Roch6219

Star Member
Aug 4, 2018
Congrats on the OWP! I pretty much just had to suggest my resignation to my company as my leave of absence period is nearly expired. Still hoping for a very last minute miracle (I'm also October 3rd applicant according to the GCKey apparently). At least we know they are working on OWPs still! :)

SIN is Social Insurance Number. You will need to go to a Service Canada office with your physical permit for them to give you your SIN. You need a SIN in order to legally work in Canada.
thank you. i hope you will get yours so soon.

jack_is_jack

Star Member
Nov 11, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
18-12-2014
Hi Jack,

I'm using a representative as well. Was the OWP mailed directly to your lawyer's office? I'm curious because I recently changed my residential address. I want to make sure nothing will be mailed to my old address.
Yes, my lawyer's office received it.

Geno.uss

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2018
Hi Jack,

I'm using a representative as well. Was the OWP mailed directly to your lawyer's office? I'm curious because I recently changed my residential address. I want to make sure nothing will be mailed to my old address.
You need to update your residential address with CIC even if you have a representative, CIC wants to know any important changes that happens during the processing of your application, you can change the address on ECAS or using webform but it's easier and faster with ECAS